Cricket 2021/22 Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2 Sydney Teams off to a great start in the BBL.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its on the cards too. Cummins has a forward short leg

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How much of as dribbler has warney become?

Starc gets a wicket and goes on about how it was a crap ball.
He's one of my favourite all time cricketers, but he is a bitter, agenda driven human being who has strayed far from The Path.....it's sad to see a legend of the sport who is so driven my petty personal grievances, Fam. Namaste.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
How much of as dribbler has warney become?

Starc gets a wicket and goes on about how it was a crap ball.
tbf - it was crap. Getting bowled around your legs as an opener 1st ball, my old coach would have shot me. Don't matter though, we'll take it...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
tbf - it was crap. Getting bowled around your legs as an opener 1st ball, my old coach would have shot me. Don't matter though, we'll take it...
He exploited a batsman's weakness. Not crap at all. Swung back beautifully.

Warney was one of those calling for Starc's head - why not just give credit where its due.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He exploited a batsman's weakness. Not crap at all. Swung back beautifully.

Warney was one of those calling for Starc's head - why not just give credit where its due.
If an opener is leaving leg stump exposed, he shouldn't be opening. 1st ball on leg stump isn't a great start normally but...
And tbf, I can see where Warne is coming from re: Starc. I'd agree. Starc can be devastating when its moving but horribly expensive when its not. The joy of having some nice guys behind the big 3. You can be picky. Can see the benefit of the left/right options, can also see the benefit of someone like Richardson who does amazing things with the old ball. Not sure there's a wrong choice here.

And I agree Warne is a bit of a tool but at least he's calling it as he sees it. Not sure others do.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Silly me has tickets for days 2 and 3. Wish i was there now!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If an opener is leaving leg stump exposed, he shouldn't be opening. 1st ball on leg stump isn't a great start normally but...
And tbf, I can see where Warne is coming from re: Starc. I'd agree. Starc can be devastating when its moving but horribly expensive when its not. The joy of having some nice guys behind the big 3. You can be picky. Can see the benefit of the left/right options, can also see the benefit of someone like Richardson who does amazing things with the old ball. Not sure there's a wrong choice here.

And I agree Warne is a bit of a tool but at least he's calling it as he sees it. Not sure others do.
He's not calling it as he sees it, Fam. Sure, Starc's recent form can be legitimately questions, but Warne does it with malice. The same malicious intent is there when he says Steve Waugh was a selfish player....or that Steve Smith shouldn't be allowed to fill a leadership role. Don't get me wrong, I think the question why Smith can lead, but not warner is fair, but there's more to Warne's words than that. He frequently takes issue with people he doesn't like. He doesn't like Starc because he spoke back when Warne called him out (not just over his form, but also his attitude and effort) years ago. He doesn't like Waugh because he dropped him. He doesn't like Steve Smith because he replaced his great mate, Michael Clarke. I think it's sad a great like Warne can't put petty agendas to the side and comment objectively. As far as the Starc ball goes, if it exploits an opponent's weakness and takes his stumps, how is that a bad ball? It's a plan to exploit an obvious weakness that paid off. Warne needs to stop using his media profile just to throw shade, Fam. He says some smart things, but this sort of agenda driven stuff only damages his credibility as a broadcaster. Namaste.