• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone see all the pics and vids of the entitled fucks at bondi with not even a mask on?

In the West they cuff you while your heart stops but in the east not even one cop for the thousands breaking the "law".
a friend of mine from Coogee said he spends everyday at the beach. Tough lockdown.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone know when they're going to review these 12 LGA restrictions? They keep saying they will but don't even though we've had minimal cases in my area for weeks now..

They added our council late even when the cases weren't that high. Now they're low and on par with other bordering areas which don't have restrictions yet they refuse to take us out and adjust it. I don't understand it and don't know why nothing is being done about it..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone know when they're going to review these 12 LGA restrictions? They keep saying they will but don't even though we've had minimal cases in my area for weeks now..

They added our council late even when the cases weren't that high. Now they're low and on par with other bordering areas which don't have restrictions yet they refuse to take us out and adjust it. I don't understand it and don't know why nothing is being done about it..
I'm not just venting by the way, it's a genuine question.. I don't read everything or watch these press conferences so hopefully I've missed something but as far as I know the situation hasn't changed and they haven't specified when it will.. If someone can provide further info I'd appreciate it..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not just venting by the way, it's a genuine question.. I don't read everything or watch these press conferences so hopefully I've missed something but as far as I know the situation hasn't changed and they haven't specified when it will.. If someone can provide further info I'd appreciate it..
At a guess, it will be when we get closer to 70% double vax. Friday's figures for NSW were 77.3% one dose and 44.5% fully vaxxed.
I wouldn't worry too much about that 44.5% number in terms of how long it will take to climb.

Remember that they went hard initially to get first doses done and stretched out second doses in some cases to accomodate that.

That was before the 5.5m extra Pfizer doses that came from Poland, Singapore and the UK, which after TGA clearance are now making their way into the community (of course not all went to NSW though).

Between the time for second shot, the boost in Pfizer that is starting to now kick in and significant stocks of Pfizer and then Moderna arriving by late September and then into October - I think we'll see a big jump in the % of fully vaxxed over the next 4 weeks.

Another thing: I think they are deliberately keeping mum on what and when in terms of restrictions easing to prevent ongoing vax % falling off a cliff. Look at the US and UK - both were ~60% vaxxed when they 'opened' and both have steadily rising numbers of new infections and deaths. ~60% full vaxxed isn't enough. I get the feeling we'll have little carrots dangled to keep the vax rate ticking along and only when we get past 70% fully vaxxed will we see a significant rollback of restrictions with even more to follow if/when we can get to 80% fully vaxxed.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At a guess, it will be when we get closer to 70% double vax. Friday's figures for NSW were 77.3% one dose and 44.5% fully vaxxed.
I wouldn't worry too much about that 44.5% number in terms of how long it will take to climb.

Remember that they went hard initially to get first doses done and stretched out second doses in some cases to accomodate that.

That was before the 5.5m extra Pfizer doses that came from Poland, Singapore and the UK, which after TGA clearance are now making their way into the community (of course not all went to NSW though).

Between the time for second shot, the boost in Pfizer that is starting to now kick in and significant stocks of Pfizer and then Moderna arriving by late September and then into October - I think we'll see a big jump in the % of fully vaxxed over the next 4 weeks.

Another thing: I think they are deliberately keeping mum on what and when in terms of restrictions easing to prevent ongoing vax % falling off a cliff. Look at the US and UK - both were ~60% vaxxed when they 'opened' and both have steadily rising numbers of new infections and deaths. ~60% full vaxxed isn't enough. I get the feeling we'll have little carrots dangled to keep the vax rate ticking along and only when we get past 70% fully vaxxed will we see a significant rollback of restrictions with even more to follow if/when we can get to 80% fully vaxxed.
Aye about 6 weeks first dose hits 80% tommorrow and will climb so they smashed that target second doses are all we are really waiting for now ,personally I think this 70% "freedom" won't be a great deal of difference to life now the good news it will get to 80% pretty fast where we will see a difference, and there are still a fuck ton of people waiting for their first shot which has the potential to push us over 90% which would be brilliant, because for the 1 anti-vaxxers who can't goes into a restaurant and expresses their outrage on twitter 100 people will support that restaurant, so get jabbed and get on with it or miss out, ( on your medical professionals advice )

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Thanks Dinkum. Good point about them trying to incentivise everyone. Problem is so many people in those areas are already double vaccinated and they're still unable to leave their area..

Anyway, hopefully you're right and when we reach those targets they quickly amend things. I won't get my hopes up that they will but hopefully they do the right thing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Dinkum. Good point about them trying to incentivise everyone. Problem is so many people in those areas are already double vaccinated and they're still unable to leave their area..

Anyway, hopefully you're right and when we reach those targets they quickly amend things. I won't get my hopes up that they will but hopefully they do the right thing.
They're politicians mate.
Good news always has to follow bad news otherwise things might start to look a bit troubling come election time.
Not that that should be the motivator, but it's hard to not at least think it plays a part.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They're politicians mate.
Good news always has to follow bad news otherwise things might start to look a bit troubling come election time.
Not that that should be the motivator, but it's hard to not at least think it plays a part.
For sure. Which is why they've been emphasising the "freedoms" they're "granting" us so they can try and change the narrative from them fucking up to them saving the day.. That's also why they're avoiding press conferences now so they get out of the public eye for a while.. I've always hated politics on both sides and hate that this whole thing has made everyone more at the mercy of politicians and their questionable decisions than ever.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a bad look to see people on the beach BUT I’d rather that as would epidemiologists and other health experts than people going to the shops every day to kill time and “get outside”.

I’ve never seen the shops so busy in my life and there’s much more risk of spreading covid in narrow isles at the shops where people touch everything than outdoors on a hot day when people are swimming and spread out on towels
Up here, as soon as lockdown was lifted ( on appeal from our local member) the number of people out and about increased dramatically......school is back tomorrow under level 3 which it was before lockdown......face to face with distancing, wearing masks , open windows and doors, staggered breaks and kids washing hands with sanitiser and soap and water...

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don’t visit this thread much anymore so excuse my ignorance but how’s Nano going?? Hope him and family are going okay.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
My thoughts on the Joe Rogan thing is im not taking advice from bloke that says take some fucking fancy chemical to make me well and healthy to cure covid. I’m not taking that advice of a bloke that made his name off a thing (can’t call it a sport) where blokes knee each other in the head whilst they are unconscious… What a joker

Status
Not open for further replies.