• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a fourth jab. Dodged it so far (no idea how) including on 4 overseas trips since April but heading to ‘Murika in a few days for the first time since Feb 2020 and it still seems rampant there - especially considering I’ll be in MAGA country. You gotta think the luck is gonna run out eventually - or maybe @south of heaven and I are simply destined to bump uglies :-).
I’ve only been pricked three times but you have inspired me to get one more shot,
just been a bit slack tbh.
Hey don’t forget your cowboy boots mate heading into MAGA country lol
What about stopping into Disneyland for a few hours, Toontown always going off.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we manage to dodge it till next year we should get some special funding for " research " like 80 million in funding
There's every chance you've had it and just showed little or no symptoms tbh. I haven't officially had it either, but the number of cases that kept coming from my kids childcare centre alone meant that we were exposed to it daily. I took the old Trump line of just not testing...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's every chance you've had it and just showed little or no symptoms tbh. I haven't officially had it either, but the number of cases that kept coming from my kids childcare centre alone meant that we were exposed to it daily. I took the old Trump line of just not testing...
Nope I'm covid long dodge ,therefor i must be immortal theres no other explanation

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Blood Bank testing of donations showing something like 50% (I think it was) of all samples taken is showing patient has had C19 and many surprised to know they had had it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve only been pricked three times but you have inspired me to get one more shot,
just been a bit slack tbh.
Hey don’t forget your cowboy boots mate heading into MAGA country lol
What about stopping into Disneyland for a few hours, Toontown always going off.
Only 3 times?
Spend more Saturday nights out SD :-).

Yeah, same, I only got around to the fourth for ‘Murika. Might not stop me eventually getting it but the vax would be tweaked now for newer variants so worth it.

Yep, I’ve ordered my rental ‘truck’ to pick up at the plane station - but only if it was fitted with a gun rack. Might even go a Trump rally. Ah, MAGA country :tearsofjoy:.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I finally just had it and really maybe 2nd day I actually had a decent headache a bit of a sore neck and runny nose and my voice definitely changed like I sounded way sicker than I felt that’s about it. So at least I have a bit more immunity now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I finally just had it and really maybe 2nd day I actually had a decent headache a bit of a sore neck and runny nose and my voice definitely changed like I sounded way sicker than I felt that’s about it. So at least I have a bit more immunity now.
Wish you a speedy recovery my bro

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mandatory Covid isolation scrapped. No more Covid leave government payments either.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Mandatory Covid isolation scrapped. No more Covid leave government payments either.
So it’s pretty much done now I’ve felt sick since I had it but admit I’ve not tested and I’ve even bumped into a friend who was walking her dog and like oh yeah maybe no hugs and stand back a bit cos I have COVID but fuck the dog needs to go for a walk and I need to get out of the house for a five minute break from my toddler who all have it as well. People don’t care anymore

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would like to see a royal commission just to see chairman Dan and Anna look like fuckwits. That’s probably why it won’t happen as tempting as it would be for Albo to fire a shot at the former government for something new

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also why the fuck would they create a new strand that has an 80% kill rate?

Warfare? Depopulation? They are bored?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the new strand was created to better understand the virus. i.e. what caused the omicron variant to be milder than previous strains. However please note the 80% kill rate is in specific mice where the original Covid-19 killed 100% of these mice. I.E. the created variant was less effective than the original variant but still significantly worse than omicron. So they disproved what they thought was causing omicron to be mild.

Unfortunately one of the few ways to study why a virus behaves the way it does is to cause a specific mutation and then see what it does. These kind of studies help us prepare to fight future pandemics. We all have to hope that these kinds of studies are done in controlled and safe environments.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I believe the new strand was created to better understand the virus. i.e. what caused the omicron variant to be milder than previous strains. However please note the 80% kill rate is in specific mice where the original Covid-19 killed 100% of these mice. I.E. the created variant was less effective than the original variant but still significantly worse than omicron. So they disproved what they thought was causing omicron to be mild.

Unfortunately one of the few ways to study why a virus behaves the way it does is to cause a specific mutation and then see what it does. These kind of studies help us prepare to fight future pandemics. We all have to hope that these kinds of studies are done in controlled and safe environments.
So what do they do with the more deadly strand now? Keep it in a lab until it gets "leaked out" when needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.