• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This will be the pattern from now on, with spot fires, dying down and others popping up, from time to time all over Oz I guess.
This is regional though and we are one week back from a one week lockdown...wonder how Sydney will fare after a long lockdown.....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is regional though and we are one week back from a one week lockdown...wonder how Sydney will fare after a long lockdown.....
I thought Dom said no more lockdowns?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Dom said no more lockdowns?
We missed week one of term three school due to a lockdown.( 5 Oct-8 Oct) Sydney was always locked down but we weren't. We remained open for the last week of term two after a three week lockdown , had two weeks holiday and then the night before the day we were supposed to return term three they locked us down...
Pretty confusing I know .....

Sydney has had a long lockdown where school was suspended for months...we had one week , back one week and then plenty of cases and schools shutdown first week back...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We missed week one of term three school due to a lockdown.( 5 Oct-8 Oct) Sydney was always locked down but we weren't. We remained open for the last week of term two after a three week lockdown , had two weeks holiday and then the night before the day we were supposed to return term three they locked us down...
Pretty confusing I know .....

Sydney has had a long lockdown where school was suspended for months...we had one week , back one week and then plenty of cases and schools shutdown first week back...
So disruptive this whole blinkin' thing!

It's the childen I worry about the most with this thing.

We 've been covid free and no disruption to life up here. People very apprehensive about it spreading thru Qld bc we have been so lucky ...and naive really.

I just hope all of Australia does not suffer the shocking stats that OS countries have encountered and come out of it as well as possible.

All the best with your school :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SAY WHAT?
I love the Aussies. Their history of rugged independence is legendary; I’ve always said Australia is the Texas of the Pacific. The COVID tyranny of their current government is disgraceful & sad. Individual liberty matters. I stand with the people of #Australia
Ted Cruz
In a case of “oh, you keep it”, the conservative US senator offered Northern Territorians support for their supposedly tyrannical pandemic restrictions after the Top End mandated the vaccine for workers. Leader Michael Gunner sent Cruz a note back, patiently explaining that the NT had been in lockdown for a total of eight days during the pandemic, there had been no COVID fatalities in the NT to date (compared to 70,000 in Texas), and that the vaccine protects the world’s oldest living culture. “When it comes to COVID, I’m glad we are nothing like you,” Gunner signed off.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just re-posting info from UK, who are ahead of us with C19 outcomes. The retweets from the public on this post are concerning. Generally saying UK Govt have let it rip (again), masks should still be worn, booster shots needed and school kids are transmitting C19 at an ever increasing rate. UK very slow to vax 12-15 yo apparently. Some people are catching it multiple times apparently. Pls take all measures you can to protect yourself and family.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile Queensland is expecting 100 COVID-related deaths in the first 90 days of throwing the border open, a grim forecast considering a total of seven people in Queensland have died since the pandemic began. With that in mind, you’ve got just 12 days to get the jab, Palaszczuk has told 400,000 uninoculated constituents — that allows enough time for both vaccine dosages before the anticipated mid-December reopening. But it’s an uphill battle: her state has Australia’s second-highest hesitancy rate at 17.6%, The Brisbane Times reports (SA has the highest).

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just re-posting info from UK, who are ahead of us with C19 outcomes. The retweets from the public on this post are concerning. Generally saying UK Govt have let it rip (again), masks should still be worn, booster shots needed and school kids are transmitting C19 at an ever increasing rate. UK very slow to vax 12-15 yo apparently. Some people are catching it multiple times apparently. Pls take all measures you can to protect yourself and family.

‘I read that there is another variant of delta circulating so they probably catching that the second time around .

‘’also the children part is a good point raised - I think I read yesterday but then couldn’t find an article a larger percentage of the NSW cases the past week or so is from school aged children which makes sense due to the high adult vaxx rate . Good thing we have much higher vaxx rates for 12-15 year olds so we may not get to uk levels

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
‘I read that there is another variant of delta circulating so they probably catching that the second time around .

‘’also the children part is a good point raised - I think I read yesterday but then couldn’t find an article a larger percentage of the NSW cases the past week or so is from school aged children which makes sense due to the high adult vaxx rate . Good thing we have much higher vaxx rates for 12-15 year olds so we may not get to uk levels
Certainly hope so.

I really wish all Govts were informing people of the possibility before this escalates which possibly will be causing people to start becoming alarmed and panicked. Hate to see that.

I guess Dr Young is being a bit more open by plainly stating we will all be exposed to it and Anna saying Qlders have 12 days to get vaxxed (or else it's on each individual)....and only saying you're less likely to die or be hospitalised as we know tho...

Just everyone pls follow the measures recommended...distancing, masks, vax, cut down contact if you can. Try not to take it home.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Certainly hope so.

I really wish all Govts were informing people of the possibility before this escalates which possibly will be causing people to start becoming alarmed and panicked. Hate to see that.

I guess Dr Young is being a bit more open by plainly stating we will all be exposed to it and Anna saying Qlders have 12 days to get vaxxed (or else it's on each individual)....and only saying you're less likely to die or be hospitalised as we know tho...

Just everyone pls follow the measures recommended...distancing, masks, vax, cut down contact if you can. Try not to take it home.
i Don’t see how they been more open then other states who have constantly said same messaging for months and actually if they weren’t playing politcs they would have given more than 12 days you have to be vaxxed line

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
i Don’t see how they been more open then other states who have constantly said same messaging for months and actually if they weren’t playing politcs they would have given more than 12 days you have to be vaxxed line
Isn’t it about money? QLD behind other states on vax %, yes, at least partially due to low/no cases but now that NSW is 80%+ and VIC 70%+ double vaxxed and freedom of movement is coming, QLD will want the money and open both domestic borders and be ready for when the Feds open national borders. There would be a backlash if tourism suffers any more than it’s had to or QLD-er’s can’t leave their state when others can.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well Qld Health have had the vax hesitancy to deal with. No covid in Qld so population not in such a hurry to "take a chance" on the vax bc we have had options.

General population didnt have the pressing need like you guys with rampant infection and lockdown and now NSW has forced the issue by not adhering to the National Plan.

Left no option for covid free States really.

By being more open I only meant they are predicting we are high chance of going get it. Released modelling that says 100 will die in initial stage. I don't believe you guys have any info on likely death figures?

I think we have more transparency and confidence in what they are telling us about the way forward.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Qld Health have had the vax hesitancy to deal with. No covid in Qld so population not in such a hurry to "take a chance" on the vax bc we have had options.

General population didnt have the pressing need like you guys with rampant infection and lockdown and now NSW has forced the issue by not adhering to the National Plan.

Left no option for covid free States really.

By being more open I only meant they are predicting we are high chance of going get it. Released modelling that says 100 will die in initial stage. I don't believe you guys have any info on likely death figures?

I think we have more transparency and confidence in what they are telling us about the way forward.
Didn't every state bar nsw and vic flip on the national plan? Anna has put a rocket up qldaners now hopefully pushes it along.its pretty hard to get people on-board when there's no great threat. If things were like qld in nsw still, id be still making excuses not to get the jab when the covid came close to home I says fuck the excuses jab me up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't every state bar nsw and vic flip on the national plan? Anna has put a rocket up qldaners now hopefully pushes it along.its pretty hard to get people on-board when there's no great threat. If things were like qld in nsw still, id be still making excuses not to get the jab when the covid came close to home I says fuck the excuses jab me up.
Exactly. Infection and lockdowns close to home motivates people. There hasnt been any urgency like that here so people just cruisin'.

Now the slow vax Qlders have to get vaxxed (or else) bc of you cockroaches and Mexicans :grinning:

Its NSW and Vic who have broken away from National Plan and gone early reducing restrictions.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Infection and lockdowns close to home motivates people. There hasnt been any urgency like that here so people just cruisin'.

Now the slow vax Qlders have to get vaxxed (or else) bc of you cockroaches and Mexicans :grinning:

Its NSW and Vic who have broken away from National Plan and gone early reducing restrictions.
Did they? or qld wa sa backflipped a lot earlier ? We knew a month ago we had more chances getting into another country before getting into another state that was way before any restrictions were eased what was the original national road map?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did they? or qld wa sa backflipped a lot earlier ? We knew a month ago we had more chances getting into another country before getting into another state that was way before any restrictions were eased what was the original national road map?
All States agreed that all LGA'S within their State must be at least 70% ....your country areas aren't.

And no opening OS borders until all States were fully vaxxed in every one of their LGA'S as well. In other words the whole country vaxxed to 70% as the bare min.
Screenshot_20211020-173651_Drive.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.