• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro tbh I'm fucked still. I walk 10m and I'm heaving and panting like I've done sprints. The Covid damages your lungs and there is long term effects to your lungs because of the scarring etc. I'm still getting nasty headaches and the panadol and neurophen don't really have an effect.
Anyone who says Covid isn't real only needs to go to concord hospital and look at the ICU ward where I was. It's scary and even the people dying are doing so by slow painful death. Trying to breathe was like you're drowning and trying to come up for air but can't get any.
IDC what the side effects to the vaccination are long term, they have nothing on this disease. TAKE THE VACCINE.
Good to see you made it through, Question bro... Were you taking the necessary precautions or just not doing things right?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see you made it through, Question bro... Were you taking the necessary precautions or just not doing things right?
Thanks bro, I always stayed masked bro when not at home. I was staying in my LAC except when at work. I work for Sydney Trains so I was literally all over Sydney for work.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel for you my brother. I haven't had covid but I had 3% use of my left lung and 7% use of my right lung for 5 years waiting for a heart so I feel your pain.

Hope your back to your normal self ASAP.
oH WOW bro! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers bro and hope that you recover. Your'e a machine for always being so positive from what iv'e seen on here.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks bro, I always stayed masked bro when not at home. I was staying in my LAC except when at work. I work for Sydney Trains so I was literally all over Sydney for work.

How do u reckon u got it? Not washing enough? Integrating with people too much?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do u reckon u got it? Not washing enough? Integrating with people too much?
They couldn't trace it but because I work on the trains I think I got it at work. I was literally washing my hands up to my elbows about 30 times a day bro with soap. Soon as i'd get home I wouldn't let the kids hug me i'd go straight to the shower first.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I cannot believe they are sending kids to school... I am personally at loggerheads with 2 principals who have basically told me their hands are tied and your child needs to attend.... This illogical rubbish cannot be made up and i honestly csant believe parents are actually sending their kids to school.
Masks, ventilation, distancing and air purifiers in classrooms etc should be mandatory at least.

I think it's gonna hit people like a ton of bricks once wholesale infections in schools and pre-schools/childcare start happening...and then the staffing problems and also families trying to manage all those issues of sick children.

Once it hits us States who have a relatively carefree existence now, it will possibly divide the nation with the blame game with the way the pollies have politicised this.

There is a huge backlash against Frydenberg for being the Treasurer of NSW by disgruntled Victorians sick of him advocating to break the national plan like NSW has. A campaign against him in his Fed seat has had incredible donations already.

I hope some leadership is shown and the pollies start to fess up on what to expect if this goes bad so that Australians are as prepared as possible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They couldn't trace it but because I work on the trains I think I got it at work. I was literally washing my hands up to my elbows about 30 times a day bro with soap. Soon as i'd get home I wouldn't let the kids hug me i'd go straight to the shower first.
How's your family mate. They lucky enough not to also catch it?

I've always thought the isolation from family in a sterile ward amongst complete strangers masked up like aliens treating you, would be as scary and lonely as actually getting C19.

They are saying that's why more and more people are dying at home because of that fear....but overall we need to get over that to protect our families living in the same household.

Once again thanks for sharing. You poor bugger :grinning: The first on TK to talk about actually getting C19 so we are picking your brains on this :grinning:

Cheers Superman :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
NSW:

301 cases
10 deaths
Cases have fallen dramatically which is in line with 80% double vax and assuming we nudge 90% double vax in the next two weeks (based on first doses) they should continue to fall. Likely same will happen in Vic.

Deaths remain stubbornly high though so hopefully that’s resonating with those still on the fence about getting vaxxed. We’ll never get to 100% and I doubt anyone ever believed that, but ~90% is a great result.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cases have fallen dramatically which is in line with 80% double vax and assuming we nudge 90% double vax in the next two weeks (based on first doses) they should continue to fall. Likely same will happen in Vic.

Deaths remain stubbornly high though so hopefully that’s resonating with those still on the fence about getting vaxxed. We’ll never get to 100% and I doubt anyone ever believed that, but ~90% is a great result.
I almost can’t believe we are going to hit 90% to be honest.
An absolutely fantastic response by the people in our state which is ultimately keeping most in good health.
In the early days with all the hype and spin I thought 80% was a pipe dream.
Lets hope we never see those days again, we are generally a hard working nation who love our travel and freedom.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How's your family mate. They lucky enough not to also catch it?

I've always thought the isolation from family in a sterile ward amongst complete strangers masked up like aliens treating you, would be as scary and lonely as actually getting C19.

They are saying that's why more and more people are dying at home because of that fear....but overall we need to get over that to protect our families living in the same household.

Once again thanks for sharing. You poor bugger :grinning: The first on TK to talk about actually getting C19 so we are picking your brains on this :grinning:

Cheers Superman :grinning:
I isolated from my family not leaving the room at any time soon as I got the SMS message confirming I had a positive COVID reading from the test but unfortunately my wife, my 13 year old son and my 6 year old daughter also got it from me but but my 4 year old didn't get it. The kids got fevers for a few days and some coughing but it didn't really get that bad surprisingly. My wife did get fevers and was bed ridden for 4-5 days but she has also pulled up well and seems to have recovered.

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I isolated from my family not leaving the room at any time soon as I got the SMS message confirming I had a
October COVID reading from the test but unfortunately my wife, my 13 year old son and my 6 year old daughter also got it from me but but my 4 year old didn't get it. The kids got fevers for a few days and some coughing but it didn't really get that bad surprisingly. My wife did get fevers and was bed ridden for 4-5 days but she has also pulled up well and seems to have recovered.
I’m so glad to hear that everyone in the family is back in good health.
With such young kids and the wife being sick must have been a real struggle.
Put it behind you mate and let’s enjoy our upcoming festivities over summer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I isolated from my family not leaving the room at any time soon as I got the SMS message confirming I had a
October COVID reading from the test but unfortunately my wife, my 13 year old son and my 6 year old daughter also got it from me but but my 4 year old didn't get it. The kids got fevers for a few days and some coughing but it didn't really get that bad surprisingly. My wife did get fevers and was bed ridden for 4-5 days but she has also pulled up well and seems to have recovered.
With it being so infectious, it seems near on impossible that everyone in the household wouldn't also catch it.

So glad the family have all recuperated well. I guess a positive is the antibodies shared around :grinning:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m so glad to hear that everyone in the family is back in good health.
With such young kids and the wife being sick must have been a real struggle.
Put it behind you mate and let’s enjoy our upcoming festivities over summer.
Thank you so much brother. We don't need a reason, but it's given us much more appreciation for Life and everything we have.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear you and your family are recovering well.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I isolated from my family not leaving the room at any time soon as I got the SMS message confirming I had a positive COVID reading from the test but unfortunately my wife, my 13 year old son and my 6 year old daughter also got it from me but but my 4 year old didn't get it. The kids got fevers for a few days and some coughing but it didn't really get that bad surprisingly. My wife did get fevers and was bed ridden for 4-5 days but she has also pulled up well and seems to have recovered.
Great to hear you guys pulled through! Cherish that family Supes…

Status
Not open for further replies.