Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I almost can’t believe we are going to hit 90% to be honest.
An absolutely fantastic response by the people in our state which is ultimately keeping most in good health.
In the early days with all the hype and spin I thought 80% was a pipe dream.
Lets hope we never see those days again, we are generally a hard working nation who love our travel and freedom.
Nsw will hit 92% today single does which is huge doubt there's much left for us , Victoria will hit 90% in the next week or so with whole of Australia at 85 % qld ,Wa,sa are low to mid 70s so in a few week they will push Australia over 90 as a whole uae is 92 double vaxxed and Portugal 88, will be interesting to see how life goes with a extremely high vaccination rate

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsw will hit 92% today single does which is huge doubt there's much left for us , Victoria will hit 90% in the next week or so with whole of Australia at 85 % qld ,Wa,sa are low to mid 70s so in a few week they will push Australia over 90 as a whole uae is 92 double vaxxed and Portugal 88, will be interesting to see how life goes with a extremely high vaccination rate
I think we have done really well as a nation overall tbh
By far the majority of people made some let’s call them sacrifices in order to escape this dreadful disease best we can.
In my opinion even with travel kicking off soon which is fantastic it will probably take some time probably next year before we see how our lifestyles pan out.
At the moment getting all those Aussie’s back home is a priority.
We will continue logging in everywhere and booster shots in the future but that’s no big deal.
I can certainly think of worse things in life.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Masks, ventilation, distancing and air purifiers in classrooms etc should be mandatory at least.

I think it's gonna hit people like a ton of bricks once wholesale infections in schools and pre-schools/childcare start happening...and then the staffing problems and also families trying to manage all those issues of sick children.

Once it hits us States who have a relatively carefree existence now, it will possibly divide the nation with the blame game with the way the pollies have politicised this.

There is a huge backlash against Frydenberg for being the Treasurer of NSW by disgruntled Victorians sick of him advocating to break the national plan like NSW has. A campaign against him in his Fed seat has had incredible donations already.

I hope some leadership is shown and the pollies start to fess up on what to expect if this goes bad so that Australians are as prepared as possible.
Like I said in another post, in the last two days of last week ( after one week lockdown for week one of term 3) TWO schools have closed in our local govt area...two PRIMARY schools where the kids are not having to wear masks but the staff are. Distancing between the kids is practically non existent and about the only strategy they have is that the various stages ;Early stage 1 – Kindergarten;Stage 1 – Years 1 and 2;Stage 2 – Years 3 and 4.
Stage 3 – Years 5 and 6. are sent to different parts of the playground at lunch and recess but they line up in the morning in the one area. They play the same ball games etc. that they always have and still stand close together on groups and are all over each other as kids normally do. They still share things even though they are told not to.Same number of kids in each classroom plus teacher (average 31 people in a standard classroom).
I am afraid that some parents treat school as a baby sitting service so would strongly resist any further problems related to closing....
We have a fair sized indigenous population here as well who are considered vulnerable and they are lagging behind in vaccinations

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Like I said in another post, in the last two days of last week ( after one week lockdown for week one of term 3) TWO schools have closed in our local govt area...two PRIMARY schools where the kids are not having to wear masks but the staff are. Distancing between the kids is practically non existent and about the only strategy they have is that the various stages ;Early stage 1 – Kindergarten;Stage 1 – Years 1 and 2;Stage 2 – Years 3 and 4.
Stage 3 – Years 5 and 6. are sent to different parts of the playground at lunch and recess but they line up in the morning in the one area. They play the same ball games etc. that they always have and still stand close together on groups and are all over each other as kids normally do. They still share things even though they are told not to.Same number of kids in each classroom plus teacher (average 31 people in a standard classroom).
I am afraid that some parents treat school as a baby sitting service so would strongly resist any further problems related to closing....
We have a fair sized indigenous population here as well who are considered vulnerable and they are lagging behind in vaccinations
It looks like it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Unless you have all levels of Govt firmly advocating safety measures, it's just open slather and let the cards fall as they may.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As Australia enters the 'living with COVID' phase, experts say the population needs to focus on hospitilisations, not case numbers
I've been saying that from the start...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
COVID-19 vaccination certificates for international travel to be available on MyGov from Tuesday

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
NSW today: 265 cases / 5 deaths.

Numbers continue to improve.

Just waiting for the CT ‘I know something the rest of you don’t’ crowd to say the lowering of ‘fake’ case numbers is deliberate as is the increasing vax numbers and it’s all a giant Gubbermint scam.

If it hasn’t already happened it won’t be long…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of travel and zones, I miss the zones in Cancun. Hotel Zone, Downtown, Red Zone, etc... I'll leave that to your imagination as while it is called the Red Zone ;)
Little blue pill at HUGE drug store zone :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have an old school-friend who lives in Melbourne who has gone right down the anti-vax / ther government is trying to control us etc rabbit hole. Its just sad. It's not really worth smashing him on FB, so i just eventually hit the ignore button.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an old school-friend who lives in Melbourne who has gone right down the anti-vax / ther government is trying to control us etc rabbit hole. Its just sad. It's not really worth smashing him on FB, so i just eventually hit the ignore button.
Aye same the lockdown fried him

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Better late than never, but hopefully keeping shut up until Xmas means we can avoid those pesky lockdowns, which on the flipside doesn't make it easy to convince fencesitters, and those who live in the outback without any covid cases and no desire to travel (and there are plenty of them) to get the fuck vaccinated. I understand the home quarantine for overseas is still 14 days until 90%, which may or may not ever actually occur, so may need to be revised at a later date (i've decided not to travel overseas until at least Easter anyway - depending on where you're going, airfares are still crazy).

Looks like the dreaded segregation of vax v non-vax will occur after 80%.

1634531085308.png

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
being lockdowm as much as them past 2 years don’t blame them for thinking it’s all a conspiracy

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It looks like it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Unless you have all levels of Govt firmly advocating safety measures, it's just open slather and let the cards fall as they may.
Wow, looking at the figures for today on the way down, a positive , but not in the LGA where I live...another school, this time a high school has been closed due to a positive case and another thirteen infections uncovered.....:upset:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wow, looking at the figures for today on the way down, a positive , but not in the LGA where I live...another school, this time a high school has been closed due to a positive case and another thirteen infections uncovered.....:upset:
This will be the pattern from now on, with spot fires, dying down and others popping up, from time to time all over Oz I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.