Cotric to raiders in 2022

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen something yesterday about us paying 150k freeing up 500k for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see us paying 200k a year for two years of his deal. Until he's confirmed to sign elsewhere and details come out about how much of his deal we're paying, then there's no point overreacting to speculation.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why the fuck are we freeing up space after sacking Elliott and getting burns on fick all? With this we have almost 1 mil of cap? People saying oh cotric is over paid if we are paying 100/200k that is the over…. We have to add some Nuffie for minimum plus that? The gap between nuffie and cotric isn’t worth the amount we save ffs.

That said if it is a case we made a deal with eels and raiders that we all shuffle and we get Mahoney earlier all for it. Makes sense that way as we need him urgently and the gap between him
And jmk is huge compared to gap between cotric and say Okon or Allen or Lume or whatever.

Just can’t Fucking let cotric go and strengthen eels and raiders 2 direct threats to the 8 for what? More cap space and losing our second best back?
If we're letting Cotric go it's for a reason. Unfortunately Flanagan, Allan and Waddell are all on overs (what they're on -min wage) and we can't move them on instead.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought there was a ban on links from that utter trash bulldogsfans page? ... never believe ANYTHING they say. Especially when it's just rehashed rumours.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought there was a ban on links from that utter trash bulldogsfans page? ... never believe ANYTHING they say. Especially when it's just rehashed rumours.
100% i can on there and bag the shit out of them, they have no fucking idea. They just re quote what ever is in the paper like the 5'2 indian used to do and then claim he has inside info

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone must admit that watching him in the blue and white was the most frustrating thing of the 2021 season. Bloody crabbing across field and stuttering his way to the defence. He might be a decent player but he wasn't for Canterbury.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has bulked up to much for mine, lost mobility. I'm sure there is a good reason to move him on if that's what happens, the Kikau thing was out of nowhere so hoping for something similar

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everyone must admit that watching him in the blue and white was the most frustrating thing of the 2021 season. Bloody crabbing across field and stuttering his way to the defence. He might be a decent player but he wasn't for Canterbury.
He would of been next year imo. I can't deny the fact he's on overs tho.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waiting for the shit bagging to be full on if this is true..

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junior Paulo? :grinning:
Maybe we pay a chunk of his wage this year to free up the full value for 2023, who knows, but that would get us in the game for Paulo. Fact he is still unsigned for 23 i assume means he is seriously considering other options

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a risky signing. And thats being kind

Paying $650k for a bloke who had never paid first grade centre before. The elite centres in the game only get $750k-$800k. From memory it was done before Baz signed on.

He is worth no more than $450k. If we are paying any less than $200k thats a win for us. Even as a winger he has a fair few blokes in front of him

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure why some people are upset we're letting Cotric go. So far every move Gus has made has been fantastic for our roster so I trust what the club is doing. So far so good so I'm keeping the faith with Gus. I hope this deal means we can get Mahoney in 22.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t think of any reason parra would benefit us and release Mahoney

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only way that this is ok is that we get Mahoney, full stop. If we re just letting him go for SC relief in 2023 and have to watch knockonbore trip over his own shadow again then FMD! Cotric with another season with an actual forward pack will be huge, full freight in 2023 if need be. Better be getting Mahoney in return.

Last edited: