Cotric to raiders in 2022

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best wishes in all aspects of your life, thank you for your service !
Will Mahoney replace him ?
Wishful thinking :-)
Bro do you know how much we would have paid for Cotrics Raiders return IF any at all?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All the best to Cotric.

I feel a bit sorry for him in part as his time at the dogs has done nothing for his development, but yeah, he's also been well compensated, so i guess it evens out for him.
I dont feel sorry for him at all. Had every chance to impress but failed miserably. I don't doubt his talent, but at the same time, you get paid big dollars, you play at least at the standard requirement of a winger and/or centre.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont feel sorry for him at all. Had every chance to impress but failed miserably. I don't doubt his talent, but at the same time, you get paid big dollars, you play at least at the standard requirement of a winger and/or centre.
He was only here for a big pay day and eternally it cost him an origin spot LOL

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least he won something with us, hasn't won shit with the faiders.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even Raider Cotric wasn't getting into the team with To'o and JAC.
Regardless bro, raiders Cotric was atleast in the conversation and in contention. Bulldogs Cotric was too busy doing laps up and down bay st in Brighton-Le-Sands like a sick ****

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Tip is The 3 Way Swap for the 2022 season is ON!!!

1. Cotric to Raiders

2. Hodgson to Eels - He & Ricky don't talk & Ricky came out this week to publicly thank Josh for all he has done in Canberra before he goes... BUT Why do this a year early???

3. Mahoney to us - but maybe giving the Eels something in return might be the deal clincher ie: releasing a contracted player.
Definitely makes the most sense as it’s a win for all clubs involved. I reckon it depends solely on what the Raiders want to contribute towards Hodgson. Asiata and Cotric’s salaries (whatever is left) should cover Mahoney for 22 onwards.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Says we released hime like he asked for the release? Maybe we don’t have to pay freight then if he wanted the release. Maybe he had a contract clause from us about him working out as a centre or something? Everyone seems confident we are paying freight but maybe there is a chance we aren’t. Hope thats the case.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
13 games in the shittest team on fuck all. Why?
Least he dug deep unlike some other plodders on 3 times more than him.
Agree, he won us our first game for 2021 versus Cronulla, defended both sides of the field in a single set and we want to throw shade at the bloke… remember, it’s us shopping him, not him wanting out - this appears amicable since he may have a soft spot for the Faiders

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, he won us our first game for 2021 versus Cronulla, defended both sides of the field in a single set and we want to throw shade at the bloke… remember, it’s us shopping him, not him wanting out - this appears amicable since he may have a soft spot for the Faiders
Also cost us a couple tries… I won’t forget that schoolboy off side…

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro do you know how much we would have paid for Cotrics Raiders return IF any at all?
I know when the Tigpies approached us the first time we were willing to only fork out 50-100ks.
A lot has changed since !

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My Tip is The 3 Way Swap for the 2022 season is ON!!!

1. Cotric to Raiders

2. Hodgson to Eels - He & Ricky don't talk & Ricky came out this week to publicly thank Josh for all he has done in Canberra before he goes... BUT Why do this a year early???

3. Mahoney to us - but maybe giving the Eels something in return might be the deal clincher ie: releasing a contracted player.
There's no way that Raiders release Hodgson without getting another hooker, particularly with Starling potentially facing time on the sidelines.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart said the other day he wants to win a comp in 2022 while Hodgson is there so I can't see Hodgson leaving early. They're not desperate for cap space either. So I can't see the Eels letting go of Mahoney early either plus they think they're in a premiership window and 2022 could be their last chance for a while. Panthers want to go back to back. They're not desperate for cap space either. Why would they release Kikau early ? Doesn't make sense. I can only hope that we're using the money in some way (maybe frontloading players) to sign Paulo but maybe be need the cap space for the players we've already signed plus an upgrade for Burton ?

With Cotric gone now we probably need to keep Allan. We're short on fullback depth also.

We need to shed RFM and Stimson at the end of next year and re-sign Vaughan and Dufty most likely.

Hope we can afford Paulo. I'd rather him than Thompson. Will give us a monster pack and a huge advantage over every other pack in the NRL.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder... is it possible there were concerns about how long Cotric was taking to get over his toe injury, and if it may happen again.

Seems to have been out a long time for something seemingly so simple.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your totally out of touch. Glad your not managing our cap and we have adults doing that. BTW I'd rate Burton, Dufty and JAC above Nick but Nick is currently our highest paid back. Keeping him puts our cap out of alignment. With big money for TPJ and Kikau and Mahoney next season, Nicks money allows us to front load other players this year to accommodate next years buys.
Thompson is another on massive coin and having the cap assigned next year to him, TPG and Kikau would again take us out of alignment. The cap is a constant balancing and realignment exercise and no season can be looked at in isolation, rather, the forward commitments are critically examined to ensure alignment over upcoming years with space always to upgrade outperforming players to retain them.
Well said, apart from the Dufty comment. He has proven f all.