Cotric to raiders in 2022

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt really excite me though
Dufty was in a crappy stmerge team and regardless of his defensive issues - he was always the best in attack which is what we lack!
Dufty on his own i would not be excited about - dufty with what we've got for this season and next - then yes he should be well in the mix of our attacking points

cotric was overpaid, nothing against the guy --if hes on 400k maybe even 500k - yeh good, but doesnt bring enough to justify the cap space
Even letting Cotric go he is still being overpaid by us.

Whoever we sign to replace him is still costing us $650k. Whenever freight we are paying needs to be counted against the replacement player.

Letting him go and paying freight os absolutely terrible management. Unless it means Mahoney is coming for 2022 and will give us a much more balanced squad. That’s the only justification for mine.

Whoever comes into the team is half the quality Cotric is. Please lead this to something that will help in 2022.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Whoever we sign to replace him is still costing us $650k. Whenever freight we are paying needs to be counted against the replacement player.

Letting him go and paying freight os absolutely terrible management. Unless it means Mahoney is coming for 2022 and will give us a much more balanced squad. That’s the only justification for mine.

Whoever comes into the team is half the quality Cotric is. Please lead this to something that will help in 2022.
who said we are paying freight?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Spot on!

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When the fuck is it going to be announced...
Btw the same deal could be done next Nov all day every day and if he had a better year(likely)we would have probably had to pay less or nothing.... lol
Unless he done his ACL late in the season, would miss most of 2023 recovering and he’d be stuck on our books for a full 2023 at $650k. I like Cotric, if we could balance the books better and keep him I’d be all for that. But for all the positives you’ve mentioned with keeping him for 2022, the risks and negatives are equal IMO.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insta official as yesterday he had @nrl_Bulldogs in his profile as well.

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
From memory correct me if I’m wrong but Cotric was the 1st or 2nd big signing with Thompson.

We had to pay overs at that stage to get quality player to join our weak squad.

As we bought a couple more it was much easier to entice other quality players to join our club at a more reasonable salary.

Thompson and cotric helped our recruitment drive.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Will always be disappointed with how he has been handled but I also understand that he was not a success as a centre and is on slightly overs. The bloke is a quality player and easily top 5 winger in the game at 23.

Disappointing as it stands 22 is now a weaker roster and we are no doubt playing a young extremely talented player to play for a direct threat to the top 8. Meanwhile replacing him with a vastly inferior player on the wing.

How we use this money to improve the 22 roster is the only way to change this view. Weakening the 22 roster isn’t sitting well for me after the wooden spoon.

Mahoney or kikau better be on their way for this coming season.

Also happy that he got to choose and return to the raiders rather than being pushed to tigers. Though geez that’s poor look from us.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"gonna impact"? I'm sure signing Kikau and Mahony had an "impact" on 2023, but even with them added we still have 8 spots currently free. Plus if Cotric does leave that means 9 spots available. How much farkin Cap space do we need for 2023, is 9 player's spots not enough? FMD he must have some $big players in mind that he wants to sign, and if their contract finish at the end of 2022 we can sign them now anyway. If the Cap issue actually exist it's 2023 and there is still some 15 months to fix any issues that arise. It could be 18 months if we stretch to the NRL deadline in July 2023.

My problem with this hasn't changed, why are we farkin up 2022 when we have plenty of time to take any Cap rectifying action well before 2023.

Always a Bulldog
Well I guess Cotric isn’t Always a Bulldog then. Sorry to break it to you

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe enough to stop uncle Nick poaching Alomoti

I reckon he is on 150-200k too much btw
He is on 300k too much

For the best winger in the game it's between Fox and To'o, and the Fox is on 500k....

Parra paid overs for Ferguson (550k) and Ferguson was three times the better winger than what Cotric is

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^^LOLS at 300k too much.. and even more at the fergo comment! Bahaha ...

Anyways see ya Nicky boy we didn't see your best as you had to endure playing outside of Mongs all the games you played...hopefully you have a great year with the Raiders like you highly likely would have had with us, but not to be...
Better be using the money wisely indeed.

Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I’m not sure if this is public knowledge but a girl I work with was on a plane heading to Fiji yesterday and sitting next to her was Kikau.. go figure
heading home for christmas prob?