Cotric at centre

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me that I am not the only person that thinks Cotric is not a centre!
Ricky Stuart has even played Rapana at centre over him despite his desire to play there....
Im so sick of our club playing guys out of position!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please tell me that I am not the only person that thinks Cotric is not a centre!
Ricky Stuart has even played Rapana at centre over him despite his desire to play there....
he played all his junior footy at centre Jai. time will tell, but he is a world class winger also, so im assuming Ricky doesnt want to weaken that to improve another position.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's worth a try to see if he adapts and worst case he goes back to the wing where he's a top 5 winger in the comp. Hopefully he shines at centre and shows more of his skills.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he played all his junior footy at centre Jai. time will tell, but he is a world class winger also, so im assuming Ricky doesnt want to weaken that to improve another position.
Thought he played fb in junior days. Think he played fb for aust schoolboys

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he'll do well at center. Got good footwork and a solid build. Looking at him I always thought he was more suited to center than wing. Defensively though, who knows till he is tried there.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure he played at centre when Leilua was out last year, think he's also played fullback in first grade

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has to play centre. No other options. We have Okunbur and DWZ on wings. We need a strike centre and he’s the best we got.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a powerful ball runner, so if the halves can give him some early ball, I'm sure he can be quite destructive in attack..

The real question is how he will go in defence at centre?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
i dont see why Cotric couldnt play centre. Big strong, defensive and white guys tend to make better centres than wingers.

That said, is it his best position? i dont know.

Are we better off trialling him at FB? Hes proven to at least be decent there.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought he played fb in junior days. Think he played fb for aust schoolboys
All the reports I've heard is that he has played both Fullback & Centre as a junior rep player & both equally as competent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What does he have to gain from playing him at centre though ? He's played him their before and values his hard carries on the wing over what the rest of his squad can provide. For us it's different