Cotric at centre

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Stuart new he would lose him if he didnt put him at centre but that didnt change his opinion.
So playing him for a couple of games at centre and then dropping him back to the wing was going to change his mind, I don't think so.

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of discussion on who is going to play centre. Bigger problem is who is going to play fullback.
The only real options are DWZ or Meaney. I would prefer Meaney as fullback and DWZ and Cotric as centres.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
More like after 1 pre season game :tonguewink:

Go Dogs
Haha that’s right, he hasn’t scored 3 tries by halftime and he’s shit and fuck the board etc etc etc haha

Malla

Reaction score
He starts on the wing but throughout the game you will see him switch with Rapana.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
No Im saying why he hasnt done it earlier, instead he signed Curtis Scott and also put Rapana at centre ahead of him.
Stuart new he would lose him if he didnt put him at centre but that didnt change his opinion.
CS (proven centre) was brought in to replace BJ
Rapana was put there instead coz he's more experienced than Cotric (esp when you're making a run into the finals)
Sticky didn't want him to leave the club but naturally wanted to keep him on the wing as he's been doing so well and most likely best for their team.
And I'm sure there are other factors at play i.e salary cap etc. We obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Either way, I believe you're looking way too much into why he hasn't played there yet.

I think he'll turn out to be a decent centre.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right and he kills it!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of discussion on who is going to play centre. Bigger problem is who is going to play fullback.
The only real options are DWZ or Meaney. I would prefer Meaney as fullback and DWZ and Cotric as centres.
Meaney at FB until we have our ROCKSTAR.... and Hoppa in Centres.
DWZ and Okonbur on the wings and they both need to pull their fingers out.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney at FB until we have our ROCKSTAR.... and Hoppa in Centres.
DWZ and Okonbur on the wings and they both need to pull their fingers out.
We need the rockstar for sure. However Hoppa is not and never will be a competitive centre. To slow and ponderous.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of the most talented young backs make their NRL debut on the wing.

Cotric was primarily a centre until he made his debut as an 18 year old.

When Cotric was just 17 he was named in the NYC team of the year as a centre - no doubt the kid is a gun and he is still only 21!!!

He was so good on the wing in a team that had established centres that he has remained in that position.

Just goes to show how good he really is because many of those talented backs that debuted out of position on the wing were less effective until they were moved into their favoured position - Slater and Ryan Pap come to mind and even Meaney and Avo have found out how hard it is to be a winger in the current game, especially if you are not a big body.

Last edited:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor Cotric.
He's going to come to us with negativity playing on his mind the way this game vs storm is going.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Rapana has been shit on the wing this year and Curtis Scott has been shit in general. Marcelo Montoya has scored more tries this year than Rapana in half the games. That’s how shit Rapana has been but still better than Curtis Scott has gone.
Cotric has been very strong on the wing, no sense weakening 1 position to try make a weaker position stronger
wjy thats what we have done gor 5 years.....

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rapanas playing well at ctr for ricky. Lol

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think sticky is a good coach, but i have no clue why he would play rapana at centre, nfi.
Actually think cotric or even valemi would be more suited there, the other side of the coin the better coach had brenko lee performing as best as he could.
Looking forward to nicky coming over got the raiders on the front foot many times tonight and i think was there best.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we jag Brent Naden to partner Cotric dayum!!