Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine told me this morning his grandma caught Covid. The hospital sent her home. She passed it to his grandad. My acquaintances grandad then died because his grandma gave it to his grandad.

I find it strange the hospital sent her home given she lived with his grandad.

FYI his grandma is now recovered. She was in her 90’s, his now dead grandad was late 80’s.
So it's true? It's a real thing and worse than the flu? ;)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So it's true? It's a real thing and worse than the flu? ;)
I think overall it is worse than the flu yes.

although I think I saw stats the other day suggesting that covid is less risky for teenagers compared to the flu based on number of deaths.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think overall it is worse than the flu yes.

although I think I saw stats the other day suggesting that covid is less risky for teenagers compared to the flu based on number of deaths.
It's not just deaths. it's known, and unknown, long term effects on mental and physical wellbeing and compromising of major organs into the future.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
IF coronavirus conspiracy nuts are so worried about " control " why do they constantly use social media?
I think the social media problem is so wide spread it’s hard to use it to stop ppl arguing against govt control etc.

Personally, I’ve ditched all social media but I don’t expect there’s too many ppl like me that don’t have one of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or tiktok.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's not just deaths. it's known, and unknown, long term effects on mental and physical wellbeing and compromising of major organs into the future.

I had a quick read. Coincidentally enough I was previously diagnosed with pericarditis. It can be a big problem or it can be quite mild. Luckily for me it didn’t keep me in hospital long.

From what I read in the article it still sounds like the side effects are rare and typically associated with the elderly.

IMO it just strengthens the idea that we should be strict about how we look after our elderly but open up the economy to the working age population and send kids to school etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I had a quick read. Coincidentally enough I was previously diagnosed with pericarditis. It can be a big problem or it can be quite mild. Luckily for me it didn’t keep me in hospital long.

From what I read in the article it still sounds like the side effects are rare and typically associated with the elderly.

IMO it just strengthens the idea that we should be strict about how we look after our elderly but open up the economy to the working age population and send kids to school etc.
Twisting facts and studies yet again Dawgfather :(

The article is specifically referring to the young by US CDC. It says SEVERE cases are rare.
I refer back to the facts....there are serious concerns for long term adverse health outcomes for young people into their old age. If so, the costs will be astronomical if we carelessly open up the economy to the young and let them carry the on going economic AND their personal health costs.

"The risk of heart damage may not be limited to older and middle-aged adults. For example, young adults with COVID-19, including athletes, can also suffer from myocarditis. Severe heart damage has occurred in young, healthy people, but is rare. There may be more cases of mild effects of COVID-19 on the heart that can be diagnosed with special imaging tests, including in younger people with mild or minimal symptoms; however, the long-term significance of these mild effects on the heart are unknown. CDC will continue to assess and provide updates as new data emerge.

The best strategies for preventing COVID-19 infection in youth and adults are to wear a mask in public places, stay at least 6 feet away from other people, frequently wash your hands, and avoid crowds and confined or poorly ventilated spaces."

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the social media problem is so wide spread it’s hard to use it to stop ppl arguing against govt control etc.

Personally, I’ve ditched all social media but I don’t expect there’s too many ppl like me that don’t have one of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or tiktok.
I got nothing CEPT a few forums

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Twisting facts and studies yet again Dawgfather :(

The article is specifically referring to the young by US CDC. It says SEVERE cases are rare.
I refer back to the facts....there are serious concerns for long term adverse health outcomes for young people into their old age. If so, the costs will be astronomical if we carelessly open up the economy to the young and let them carry the on going economic AND their personal health costs.

"The risk of heart damage may not be limited to older and middle-aged adults. For example, young adults with COVID-19, including athletes, can also suffer from myocarditis. Severe heart damage has occurred in young, healthy people, but is rare. There may be more cases of mild effects of COVID-19 on the heart that can be diagnosed with special imaging tests, including in younger people with mild or minimal symptoms; however, the long-term significance of these mild effects on the heart are unknown. CDC will continue to assess and provide updates as new data emerge.

The best strategies for preventing COVID-19 infection in youth and adults are to wear a mask in public places, stay at least 6 feet away from other people, frequently wash your hands, and avoid crowds and confined or poorly ventilated spaces."
Of course there are risks. There are risks with any illness and also risks where are dealing with new illnesses like covid 19.

it doesn’t mean that you stop kids going to school or adults going to work.

we deal with risks every day and this is one of them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Of course there are risks. There are risks with any illness and also risks where are dealing with new illnesses like covid 19.

it doesn’t mean that you stop kids going to school or adults going to work.

we deal with risks every day and this is one of them.
Yes but by your lacksidaisical dismissing of the probable danger, including to young people as well, you make me doubt that the full message about young age groups being vulnerable is being absorbed by some.

I'd rather the measured safe steps be taken in opening up the lockdowns etc.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Discussion of the accuracy of Victoria's COVID death numbers (i.e. they could be overstated)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t wear masks

actually you should wear masks

lockdown

actually you shouldn’t lock down

Remember when we had that discussion about advice changing as new data becomes available?

You know, how science works?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Remember when we had that discussion about advice changing as new data becomes available?

You know, how science works?
The science about lockdowns was well known months ago. The mask ‘science’ is still inconclusive. There is no basis for governments mandating masks in outdoor environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.