Copping it from a non NRL supporter

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'd just be asking what Bandwagon he is jumping on next. Too chickenshit to support a club through thick and thin. Maybe give him a hint that the Tigers are about to turn the corner. Tell him to watch some of those games.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way I figure there’s probably 3 teams with a shot this year and one Smokey with a maybe yesterday’s opponents aren’t one of them as for us well reality clearly dictates we are miles away I’ve accepted the fact still painful never the less but take comfort in the fact we won’t be rubbish forever but yes patience is wearing thin

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a pr!ck of a mate… best advice is, bide your time and when we come good shove it in his face weekly. Rugby league has its era’s, our will return.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been following the Dogs since the early 1950s. I'm past caring anymore. The disappointment of the past half decade has desensitised me to our constant losses.

Even Yesterday I was numb to the disaster unfolding before me, but as a true fan I watched it to the end and took some consolation that we stopped them making 50, and appreciated efforts from players like Morrin and Preston.
Did you care in the 50s and 60s when we were terrible and couldn’t make the finals?would have made the 80s that much sweeter

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are one lucky guy to have lived through the 80s and watched our most successful decade.

From what I read about your mate, you shouldn't even be wasting your time. Save those sort of battles for a real footy fan.
That’s so true Moedogg - have always considered myself fortunate and have a lot of gratitude to have seen Les Johns play and the stunning rise, under Bullfrog, of the frightening power of our 80’s forward pack and the 4 GFs we won in that decade.

i am certain we will rise again.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Just laugh at him pretending he is not a bandwagon supporter. It's all you can do. LOL

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s so true Moedogg - have always considered myself fortunate and have a lot of gratitude to have seen Les Johns play and the stunning rise, under Bullfrog, of the frightening power of our 80’s forward pack and the 4 GFs we won in that decade.

i am certain we will rise again.
Never saw johns before my time but he left a mark my early favourite was Garry Dowling then Stan cutler and bretnall after him

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been following the Dogs since the early 1950s. I'm past caring anymore. The disappointment of the past half decade has desensitised me to our constant losses.

Even Yesterday I was numb to the disaster unfolding before me, but as a true fan I watched it to the end and took some consolation that we stopped them making 50, and appreciated efforts from players like Morrin and Preston.
Hi Chris , I thought I was the oldest fan on the TK, now I may have to re consider my status as the most senior on TK even been called a fossil by some.
BTW I'l be 80 in March 2024

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Had this kiwi bloke give me shit at the last place I worked when Blues lost origin games. The QLD supporters would give me a serve when I rocked up but then it was over fair enough cause they werent arseholes about it and we had mutural respect. It went both ways. But this other bloke use to just go on digging at me all day. He was a Rugby fan and didnt even care about League the smug prick. I told him he was fuckin imposter who came here 10 years ago, that he was born in NZ and last thing he should be doing was giving someone here shit about their state losing whether the NSW or QLD. He didnt get it.
It’s funny you know I have been to NZ quite a few times for work and pleasure over the years and I can’t remember ever meeting a asshole over there but the majority of kiwis I have dealings with in Australia have been cahunts, it seems they export as many of their shitcunts to Australia as they can :laughing: .

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s funny you know I have been to NZ quite a few times for work and pleasure over the years and I can’t remember ever meeting a asshole over there but the majority of kiwis I have dealings with in Australia have been cahunts, it seems they export as many of their shitcunts to Australia as they can :laughing: .
Ive worked with plenty here and theyve always been great.
For example I wouldnt dream of going to England for work and giving a Liverpool supporter I worked with there shit if his team lost. How fuckin stupid would that be? Id be asking for a smack in the mouth at the very least.
Im not a fighter but him hiding behind the fact that we were at work was probably what pissed me off the most. You wouldn't do that shit in a pub. I never let him know he got under my skin though.
There was another Kiwi there who was a mad Bronco's, QLD SOO supporter. He was a Broncos member, went to games etc so not a blow in. Wed have a dig depending who won Bulldogs v Broncos or NSW v QLD but it was all good fun.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris , I thought I was the oldest fan on the TK, now I may have to re consider my status as the most senior on TK even been called a fossil by some.
BTW I'l be 80 in March 2024
You hold the title. I'm 75 in December. Been going to the games since my father held me on his shoulders to watch the Berries play, at the old Belmore oval. I was born in Ardee Private Hospital, just across the tracks from the ground.

I now host tours of fossil sites in Outback Qld.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you care in the 50s and 60s when we were terrible and couldn’t make the finals?would have made the 80s that much sweeter
Absolutely. I was accustomed to us being also rans, and was gutted when Bob McCarthy took that intercept to deny us a GF win against the Bunnies in 1967.

1980 is still the best GF win for me. After waiting so long for a win, it was almost unbelievable that we actually did it.
Guess I'll have to wait that long all over again.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never saw johns before my time but he left a mark my early favourite was Garry Dowling then Stan cutler and bretnall after him
All great players James. Stan Cutler was poetry to watch.

Johns was a freak - who commanded attention because he could just do stuff and was electrifying to watch.
His kicking game seemed that he could make the ball bounce any way he chose.