Conversation with Ray Dib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I spoke with Ray for about half an hour today. I don't want to break his confidentiality and give away details as he's happy to continue talking with me directly but all I'll say is he is definitely listening to fans and ex players (and our complaints) and he's very disappointed with the way the club has performed this year. He is certainly taking steps to change and fix things, and to restore the old Dogs culture. An announcement will be made after the season review (no fixed date yet). Can't say Des is gone but Des isn't safe either. The review will be very extensive and they are seriously taking on board all submissions from fans / members - as I submitted myself recently via a letter of about 15 pages quoting virtually every major complaint on the Kennel about Des, quoting stats (like Des' failure to make the all important top 4), and league commentators. They ARE listening. There is HOPE.
I know many of you will say Ray is just feeding me crap but if you spoke with him and knew the finer details you would know otherwise.
You & Dib are full of SHIT !!!!!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the club is listening to fans then we are in worse shape than i thought ffs

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to work in a job where I interact frequently with the ceos, cfos of Australia's biggest companies.

Let me tell you, they all have the gift of the gab and can spin anything to suit their purpose. Every time you come out of these meetings and feel the way you feel (good, they've listened, changed your view etc), 9/10 times it's bullshit.

Just my 2 cents.
The question then begging to be asked 'Is Dib that good?'

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You & Dib are full of SHIT !!!!!!!
Get fucked. I took the time to write a fucking 24 page letter to Dib and the rest of the board (as posted in this forum also) and I have been one of the harshest critics of Dib and the board on here, on the Dogs official Facebook page, etc. What have you done to change anything ? So you're the one full of fucking shit. If you took the time I did and someone thought you had made enough of an effort to deserve a call then maybe you would have received one and heard the explanation as to why things were done the way they were at THAT time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say. Everyone makes mistakes also as I'm sure you have made plenty including opening your stupid mouth this time. The club also has safety measures in place so they're not quite as stupid as I initially thought. Stop sitting on your hands (cause the board isn't actually) making stupid easy one line troll type comments and pull your finger out of your lazy arse and do something to bring change like I and many others have already I'm told.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really great letter mate, clearly thought out, well constructed and looking at our failures from a multitude of levels.

At least you're trying something to get our board to listen to the fans.

Kudos to you.
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. I just wish everyone would make as much of an effort as they can to bring change. There's so many negative lazy big mouth arseholes on here that just bag everything (including me) but do nothing themselves effective to bring change.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bradtalo you should be ceo/coach/captain!

your letter really highlights our issues, which i tried to forget how bad they were and quite looking forward to the offseason and hoping for change.

how much worse can it get honestly, we need to start rebuilding and now!
Thank you :o) I tried to highlight every single bad point about Des I could think of. He's terrible not just in one aspect of a coaches role but in ALL - oh except for his loyalty to his players which doesn't mean they necessarily perform to the best unfortunately.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good report from Bradtalo. It really sums up the feelings of a majority of fans. Most of the content has been confirmed from other sources, so I believe it is correct.
The next step is for this not to happen again. The past results which have been diabolical for a club who does not accept mediocrity, must lie with Hasler and the Board.
The time is now right for them all to fall on their swords for the future benefit of this once great club.
There is no way these guys can correct things of their own making. A total clean out is needed.
I wanted to get across to the board what most fans are thinking because I'm certain they don't know. I'd prefer a clean sweep also but as long as Des is gone I'll be happy and I really think there's greater chance he will be shown the door than retained.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
oh except for his loyalty to his players which doesn't mean they necessarily perform to the best unfortunately.
That is a major flaw being loyal to the players.

As you said, players don't necessarily perform, as they know the coach won't do a thing about it.

Reactions: DT

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All like when you get an idian cab driver says he will take you the quick way and its cheaper, only to wake up 45 minutes later hes drugged and raped you
Thats fucked up and uncalled for

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats fucked up and uncalled for
We all knew who it was aimed at, they are mates.

PS Zee is a good sport....except when you call him a Punjab lol

Status
Not open for further replies.