Conversation with Ray Dib

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Ray for about half an hour today. I don't want to break his confidentiality and give away details as he's happy to continue talking with me directly but all I'll say is he is definitely listening to fans and ex players (and our complaints) and he's very disappointed with the way the club has performed this year. He is certainly taking steps to change and fix things, and to restore the old Dogs culture. An announcement will be made after the season review (no fixed date yet). Can't say Des is gone but Des isn't safe either. The review will be very extensive and they are seriously taking on board all submissions from fans / members - as I submitted myself recently via a letter of about 15 pages quoting virtually every major complaint on the Kennel about Des, quoting stats (like Des' failure to make the all important top 4), and league commentators. They ARE listening. There is HOPE.
I know many of you will say Ray is just feeding me crap but if you spoke with him and knew the finer details you would know otherwise.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I spoke with Ray for about half an hour today. I don't want to break his confidentiality and give away details as he's happy to continue talking with me directly but all I'll say is he is definitely listening to fans and ex players (and our complaints) and he's very disappointed with the way the club has performed this year. He is certainly taking steps to change and fix things, and to restore the old Dogs culture. An announcement will be made after the season review (no fixed date yet). Can't say Des is gone but Des isn't safe either. The review will be very extensive and they are seriously taking on board all submissions from fans / members - as I submitted myself recently via a letter of about 15 pages quoting virtually every major complaint on the Kennel about Des, quoting stats (like Des' failure to make the all important top 4), and league commentators. They ARE listening. There is HOPE.
I know many of you will say Ray is just feeding me crap but if you spoke with him and knew the finer details you would know otherwise.
Ray is just feeding you crap

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Dib is now listening
I think he knows he has fucked up
I think he is trying to save his job
And that will drive him to take the right action
Pity it's too late
Pity he didn't see it this time last year when we all did

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. Especially from dib the ****. He's a talker and not much more.
2 years of his political bullshitting has my crap-o-meter finely tuned.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This **** will be telling all party's exactly what they want to hear in a vain attempt to save his job
To little to late knob jocky

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dib is now listening
I think he knows he has fucked up
I think he is trying to save his job
And that will drive him to take the right action
Pity it's too late
Pity he didn't see it this time last year when we all did
Papa I take my Het off to you! You hit the nail on the head! Bingo! Mr "judge us at the end of the season!" Has turned into "I hope they didn't notice I fucked up, I better start working my arse of for votes!" I just hope when it gets to triable council, he gets voted out!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Until he sacks Des i really couldn't care less what he does. He's not cutout to be a Bulldogs coach and he has disrespected our great club with his negative style of play.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol

didnt someone else also have private email conversation with Rae bro last year and she also said the same thing to him that club is definitely listening to the fans and that is where the Clubs BS "top 8 or sack" talk became famous.

Last edited:

Tas Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can't say Des is gone but Des isn't safe either
If that is the case then it is just more of what we heard 12 months ago and we know where that got us. If there is a genuine after season review then Dib should be first to go and Des to follow.

"He is certainly taking steps to change and fix things, and to restore the old Dogs culture". Dib has been in charge for how long now? Who is responsible for the current need to "fix things" and "restore the Old Dog's culture" if not him?

None of this fills me with any confidence that the so-called after season review will be anything other than a highly spun face saving exercise. Sounds like Dib is taking no responsibility which means that if there isn't substantial and genuine change we will need the Board to act. The next few months will be very interesting.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to work in a job where I interact frequently with the ceos, cfos of Australia's biggest companies.

Let me tell you, they all have the gift of the gab and can spin anything to suit their purpose. Every time you come out of these meetings and feel the way you feel (good, they've listened, changed your view etc), 9/10 times it's bullshit.

Just my 2 cents.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ie. Des has til round 10 next year ffs... we can forget about a new coach next year. Would be a waste anyway, 2020 - year of the dogs

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am lucky enough to work in a job where I interact frequently with the ceos, cfos of Australia's biggest companies.

Let me tell you, they all have the gift of the gab and can spin anything to suit their purpose. Every time you come out of these meetings and feel the way you feel (good, they've listened, changed your view etc), 9/10 times it's bullshit.

Just my 2 cents.

exactly the point i was making in my previous comment

Status
Not open for further replies.