Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well at least people are speaking about the terrible standard of refereeing that is a blight on the game.
every season at least one occasion I email the NRL about the shit standard of their refereeing and every season I get fobbed off.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Of course the mutt will defend that piece of shit, there is money to be made...
She needs another 20 inch black dildo as her husband keeps using hers.
Well she probably ignores the criticism and negativity when she looks at the bank accounts, and sees the impact these "bad decisions" are having on their financials.. if you catch my drift.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
“I love that Gerard’s a referee and that he does it with such passion. But one thing I hate is when people blame the ref for something that clearly isn’t his fault, just to deflect a poor performance ...
aka "I love the money he makes from making "accidental poor decisions that cost teams games" but don't like it when people call him a **** in public".

People don’t realise this guy they’re abusing has a family, he has a wife and kids and this is his livelihood."
I'm sure Roberta Williams had similar things to say about her husband Carl when he was making money illegally.

He’s not going to risk his job or credibility to favour a team; that’s just ridiculous.”
She said as she turned into the TAB parking lot to put $10,000 on the games for that week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHA what a fucking load of shit Greenberg. This is what punishment was dealt out over last weeks farce (Sharks vs Raiders game).

Gerard Sutton - Lead Referee (went to blow whistle but allowed play to continue over Ramien try before asking bunker to review because he considered NO TRY and a knock on was made).
Gavin Reynolds - Pocket Referee (overruled touch judge to disallow a try to Abbey by incorrectly calling a forward pass).
Luke Patten - Senior Bunker Review Official (awarded TRY)
Ricky MacFarlane - Touch Judge (overruled touch judge to disallow a try to Abbey by incorrectly calling a forward pass / Ramien knock on mistake).

Reynolds and Macfarlane have been demoted to NSW Cup this weekend.
Sutton has been shifted to the Warriors vs Titans game.
Patten has been replaced by Steve Chiddy as Snr Review Official for both bunker games.

So Patten got fucked over a mistake by Sutton and Co, yet Sutton gets off scott free.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So G Sutton didn’t get dropped
Nope just reassigned to a less important game.... and gave him an all expenses paid trip for him and the family up to the Gold Coast for the weekend it seems.

Not sure how Warriors is less important given they are in finals contention.

Meanwhile this is the team for our game:
Referee - Matt Cecchin

Referee - Chris Butler

Video Referee - Ben Galea

Senior Review Official -
[URL='https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-officials/match-officials/ashley-klein/']Ashley Klein

Butler - 3 games = 1 win / 2 losses (last win Aug 2016)
Cecchin - 32 games = 19 wins / 13 losses (last win Apr 2017)

Both never reffed us together though.

Ashley Klien we have a 60+% winning ratio with.
[/URL]

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Touchie involved in the crap decision against Canberra has been dropped but the one with the whistle in the centre escapes being dropped...just "DEMOTED" to a lesser game. Good luck to those two sides....Oh that's right it is the untouchable one..the one who was paraded by his proud boss Greenberg as the best thing since sliced bread......unfortunately...

upload_2018-7-24_18-55-27.jpeg

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its incredible isn't it? The other officials get dropped but Gerry is given a slap on the wrist as shifted sideways. Big brother Bernie has been extremely weak in sanctioning his brothers for some very poor decisions. I guess nepotism is alive and well.

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t like Paul Kent but he’s blowing up about Sutton from the raiders/sharks game an said he didn’t get dropped but the warriors are getting the DUD referee this weekend haha !! Like it .

And giving Todd Greenberg a spray also, it’s good stuff!!

Reactions: DT

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/gr...s-axe-poised-over-sutton-20180723-p4zt5k.html

23 July 2018 — 6:38pm

NRL boss Todd Greenberg has told his besieged referees they have to improve immediately as the axe threatens to fall on the match officials involved in the calamitous Sharks and Raiders clash last Friday night.

Fairfax Media understands the game's no.1 whistleblower Gerard Sutton, who officiated in all three State of Origin clashes this year, could be banished to a low-profile match this weekend when the referee appointments are finalised on Tuesday.

Touch judge Rick MacFarlane, who incorrectly raised his flag in the lead-up to a controversial Cronulla try, is tipped to lose his spot with the fate of NRL bunker officials Luke Patten and Henry Perenara also uncertain after green lighting a crucial Sione Katoa four-pointer.

It comes on the same day Greenberg quizzed referees bosses about the confidence levels in the ranks of the NRL officials before telling them they "had to be better" in the finals run-in.

"I'm frustrated sometimes, really frustrated," Greenberg said on Monday. "We should be getting those decisions [in the Sharks-Raiders game] right. They impact games and they impact livelihoods.

"The simple answer is our referees and our match officials will get lots of good support, but they've got to improve their performance. We've got to own our problems ... and we've got to be better.

"[And] I don't want to see one fan turned away from the game. That's my absolute utmost priority."

Sutton is set to be the first casualty with his brother, referees boss Bernard, tipped to assign him to a game with limited finals implications despite accusations of nepotism in the whistleblower ranks.

"I hear that nepotism word, but what I can tell you on the inside [is] probably the person hardest on his brother is the coach," Greenberg told Channel Nine.

"Gerry had an unbelievably strong State of Origin series. He's one of our very best referees, but like players sometimes people are going to make errors. We've got to continue to help them improve their performance.

"You can take it as read some of those appointments [for round 20] will reflect that disappointment. There has to be accountability - that's across all levels - including me. And there has to be accountability taken [on Tuesday]."

Greenberg also staunchly defended the role of the multi-million dollar bunker, denied allegations too many people were meddling with on-field officials during the course of a game and urged the referees to keep their self belief as he shared responsibility for the fallout.

Fans and commentators have lamented the stop-start affairs of NRL matches this year, littered with penalty blitzes and video referrals. But Greenberg remains unapologetic about technology's role in the game.

"It's certainly not time to blow up the bunker," he said. "Technology is here, technology is now in every sport. The challenge we have is the human element running the technology.

"We need technology to continue to improve the sport. It will continue to help our sport and it is helping our sport. But it comes down the absolute human error of those people making decisions."

But they found an unlikely ally in stand-in Rabbitohs captain Sam Burgess, who himself has drawn the ire of referees on several occasions this year.

He was caught up an imbroglio with former teammate Robbie Farah during South Sydney's shock loss to the Wests Tigers last Saturday night, arguing he shouldn't have been penalised and placed on report for a hit on his teammate just a few weeks ago.

"It is one of the hardest jobs in the world," Burgess said. "I think the more we talk about it the harder it gets for them.

"We’re all saying we want the game tidied up. but that means more penalties. We want free flowing, [but] it is hard. Me, as a player, I want to get on with the game and for it to be adjudicated as fairly as possible. They are pretty good."

Makes me want to throw up. The NRL continues to lurch from one disaster to another under the leadership of Greenberg who can only deliver platitudes instead of concrete positive action. The complaints from the fans are only getting increasingly louder and if the men at the top can't do the right thing you can bet your bottom dollar ( pardon the pun) that the exodus of those who pay good money to go and watch the game will continue in the end affecting the TV ratings and then in turn the loss of sponsorship dollars from them which the NRL can ill afford. I tensd to agree with the comment made in the media this week that if we are not careful the game will be dead in fifteen years.

The comments from Burgess smack of hypocrisy...

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another week, another Gerard Sutton stuff up and yet another cover up by Greenberg...the NRL has no credibility with their refs at all...the game is a shambles...nobody talks about the footy anymore in my circles...it has become a joke...our team has made it worse for me...im done defending the game, you cannot defend the indefensible

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Nope just reassigned to a less important game.... and gave him an all expenses paid trip for him and the family up to the Gold Coast for the weekend it seems.

Not sure how Warriors is less important given they are in finals contention.

Meanwhile this is the team for our game:
Referee - Matt Cecchin

Referee - Chris Butler

Video Referee - Ben Galea

Senior Review Official -
[URL='https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-officials/match-officials/ashley-klein/']Ashley Klein

Butler - 3 games = 1 win / 2 losses (last win Aug 2016)
Cecchin - 32 games = 19 wins / 13 losses (last win Apr 2017)

Both never reffed us together though.

Ashley Klien we have a 60+% winning ratio with.
[/URL]
Only in the NrL can you fk up and get a holiday in GC lol

Warriors fans are fuming at the disrespect

Get your money on Titans I feel a rort coming on

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why wasn't numbnuts dropped to Cowboys vs. Knights... a game that really has zero impact on the finals? A dubious decision could cost the Warriors a place in the 8 come the end of round 25.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Serious question...

How much do people reckon Greenberg and Co and the Refs make off bad calls a week?

The only logical reason for a lack of action, is in they are all involved in shaping results for financial gain. Else there honestly is no excuse not to act on these problems.

Maybe Greenberg is worried if he comes down on certain refs too hard, they will expose widespread corruption in the NRL.

Think about it... you get a $20 million loan from St George. What is the best way to make that money back with interest?? Not by promoting the game that's for sure!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Peter Beattie getting savaged on Twitter after blowarsing and patting himself and some Indigenous Professor (who lives in Geneva Switzerland and is on the board) being there for a year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SmartState1/status/1021569543443906560

I however am blocked already after rather diplomatically stating "it's easy to celebrate the small victories when you've spent 11 months doing sweet fuck all".

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol wasn’t patten told to rule on a knock on? Why was he demoted cause he was ruling on what was told of him?

The touchie and Gerard need to go.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
So why wasn't numbnuts dropped to Cowboys vs. Knights... a game that really has zero impact on the finals? A dubious decision could cost the Warriors a place in the 8 come the end of round 25.
We got that dimwit Perenara again = game over fml

Status
Not open for further replies.