Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. Last time we played the roosters we got the rub of the green with a ref that everybody said hated us..... we lost and didn't score a point with 50+ tackles in their 20.
I cannot blame refs anymore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Refs definitely play a little part in the results with crucial calls etc, but it happens to every team, it may change results.. but you also have to make your own luck an come up with the right plays when it matters. We play good enough it shouldn’t matter what whistle blower is in charge to be honest.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Meh.

The referees aren't the reason we lose games.

Des is the reason we lose games and will continue to lose games at least for the short term future.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have Gerard Sutton as lead ref with Chris Sutton as pocket on Thursday night. Our record is atrocious under him.
pretty sure record is atrocious under every ref but lets not lame the refs lets blame the team for having so many 1st halfs scoring 0 points and struggling to score anything more then a penalty goal inside the 20

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. Last time we played the roosters we got the rub of the green with a ref that everybody said hated us..... we lost and didn't score a point with 50+ tackles in their 20.
I cannot blame refs anymore.
Fair point but he still has it in for us, that's probably the first time since 2015 we have had the rub of the green with Sutton. Broncos at home this week so no chance we are getting any 50 50 calls

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who the fuck is Chris Sutton?
That's not another family member is it?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ref won’t make a difference this week they are all clowns though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WTF .... anyone else missing a post from this thread?

I posted earlier about our (and Broncos) record against them in here... and the post is gone.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe people are saying refs have had no bearing on our results...what a crock of shit, they have and will continue to determine the result of every game they officiate, Sutton the worst with Cummins close behind

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant believe people are saying refs have had no bearing on our results...what a crock of shit, they have and will continue to determine the result of every game they officiate, Sutton the worst with Cummins close behind
And he has brought his other brother to fuck us over.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well if the club does nothing about it then....................

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we please stop blaming the refs. Our team is atrocious, that's the problem.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know that I shouldn't ,but every time I see this bloke given our game to referee it makes me sick to the stomach. There is no pleasing him and it just gives him an opportunity to screw us over a little bit more each time. PLUS it make Greenberg look like a genius for his carefully staged press conference where he paraded the bloke as something akin to the second coming ( please don't take offence at that it is just the only way I can think of phrasing it) and made him untouchable.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I have said here many times our last win under sutton was round 1 2016 v manly at brookvale. By my count that is 16 straight losses since then when he refs our games. This is now the 3rd time in 9 rounds he has refed and there are PLENTY of other refs who we have not had this year. Surely Greenburg and the suttons themselves are aware of the statistics. While I have no particular beef with sutton from the anz game v the roosters, we are playing Brisbane in Brisbane where a big majority of times the Broncos get a huge rub of the green. I expect us to be on the wrong end of dodgy calls up there. It is long overdue that the club raises the issue of sutton with the nrl. Perhaps with a basically all new management they are unaware of just how bad our record is under sutton. Therefore a letter to andrew hill seems appropriate. Anyone got his email address?

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I have said here many times our last win under sutton was round 1 2016 v manly at brookvale. By my count that is 16 straight losses since then when he refs our games. This is now the 3rd time in 9 rounds he has refed and there are PLENTY of other refs who we have not had this year. Surely Greenburg and the suttons themselves are aware of the statistics. While I have no particular beef with sutton from the anz game v the roosters, we are playing Brisbane in Brisbane where a big majority of times the Broncos get a huge rub of the green. I expect us to be on the wrong end of dodgy calls up there. It is long overdue that the club raises the issue of sutton with the nrl. Perhaps with a basically all new management they are unaware of just how bad our record is under sutton. Therefore a letter to andrew hill seems appropriate. Anyone got his email address?
Bang on Mr Russell!!

Enough is enough.

I am not a gambler at all but i will be placing a bet on Bulldogs not winning this week due entirely to this tool reffing and i reckon i could put my house on it without any fear.
Now having said all that, should i lose my house and we somehow win, i will have mixed emotions...lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it 16 straight losses?
I thought it might be 8.
But 8 is even bad enought.
Our win/loss ratio under him is so far out from the standard deviation that it tells us something is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.