Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Indeed. Pay mind find himself locked in the toilet of the centre of excellence at Belmore whilst Wakeham, fresh from his re-signing and filthy for missing selection this week takes over the dressing room and orders immediate PlayStation sessions for all.

Mate - seriously. A mutiny? Please. Even if a coach begins to ‘lose’ a dressing room it’s hardly a ‘mutiny’. And there’s no evidence to suggest anything is afoot.

Besides, do you believe the club leadership don’t sniff the breeze? Do you think Pay is immune to scrutiny and no-one ever asks the players how they feel about various matters? Especially Jacko?

This reeks of McCullough all over again.
Some gossip gets written and suddenly the Kennel is up in arms at this credible piece of news and imminent doom. Sigh.
Did I not just write that I don't believe what was written in a gossip column?

However It's not beyond the realms of possibility and is just basic human nature that if a team continues to struggle that players become disgruntled. I also said that if we get a few wins the tension will fade for a while.

Yet somehow you overreact and once again take that as an attack? Who knew that players hate losing and start to lose confidence in a coach if they feel things are being chopped and change too much?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did I not just write that I don't believe what was written in a gossip column?

However It's not beyond the realms of possibility and is just basic human nature that if a team continues to struggle that players become disgruntled. I also said that if we get a few wins the tension will fade for a while.

Yet somehow you overreact and once again take that as an attack? Who knew that players hate losing and start to lose confidence in a coach if they feel things are being chopped and change too much?
Over-react? Moi? You’re the one who used the word mutiny mate :-).

I don’t take anything as an ‘attack’, I’m
just happy to call out what I see as exaggeration to say the least.

If you don’t believe the gossip why did you join imaginary dots? I’m guessing this trash was written by that fine fiction author P. Rothfield? And he has no motive in trying to divert the spotlight away from his beloved Sharks after the week they’ve just had with Xerri so he immediately goes to his favourite target.

We’ve lost two games. One by 6, the other by 8. Hardly floggings. There is simply no evidence of player disharmony.

If any coach other than Holbrook is feeling the pinch it should be Mary - a quality squad on paper, a highly paid half (who’s also on the field) the the lowly Warriors beat you 18-0.

Let’s see how we go tonight before drawing any further bows. C’mon Doggies!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Over-react? Moi? You’re the one who used the word mutiny mate :-).

I don’t take anything as an ‘attack’, I’m
just happy to call out what I see as exaggeration to say the least.

If you don’t believe the gossip why did you join imaginary dots? I’m guessing this trash was written by that fine fiction author P. Rothfield? And he has no motive in trying to divert the spotlight away from his beloved Sharks after the week they’ve just had with Xerri so he immediately goes to his favourite target.

We’ve lost two games. One by 6, the other by 8. Hardly floggings. There is simply no evidence of player disharmony.

If any coach other than Holbrook is feeling the pinch it should be Mary - a quality squad on paper, a highly paid half (who’s also on the field) the the lowly Warriors beat you 18-0.

Let’s see how we go tonight before drawing any further bows. C’mon Doggies!
It's this thing called an expression Dinkum..

According to your logic, Mary isn't or shouldn't be under any pressure either.

It's not the two games this season, it's the previous two seasons under Pay that we're talking about.

Again, if you can't comprehend that basic premise that players start bickering and doubting the coach the more when the losses pile up over the years, then there's no point me wasting my time.

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed. Pay mind find himself locked in the toilet of the centre of excellence at Belmore whilst Wakeham, fresh from his re-signing and filthy for missing selection this week takes over the dressing room and orders immediate PlayStation sessions for all.

Mate - seriously. A mutiny? Please. Even if a coach begins to ‘lose’ a dressing room it’s hardly a ‘mutiny’. And there’s no evidence to suggest anything is afoot.

Besides, do you believe the club leadership don’t sniff the breeze? Do you think Pay is immune to scrutiny and no-one ever asks the players how they feel about various matters? Especially Jacko?

This reeks of McCullough all over again.
Some gossip gets written and suddenly the Kennel is up in arms at this credible piece of news and imminent doom. Sigh.
Pay has the support of the playing group.........for now. However if the Prince continues to underwhelm, that will change. He’s a different cat, your classic square peg in a round hole. I’ve been a supporter of Lachlan but just can’t find justification for him being in the Top 17.
When you refer to the club leadership I really hope you’re referring to the team leadership group.
The Club leadership (Lynne & Hill) in particular are doing anything but lead right now.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

According to your logic, Mary isn't or shouldn't be under any pressure either. How do we know it's not all a media beat up too?

It's not the two games this season, it's the previous two seasons under Pay that we're talking about.

Again, if you can't comprehend that basic premise that players start bickering and doubting the coach the more when the losses pile up over the years, then there's no point me wasting my time.
I have a notification of your post mate but can’t see it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has the support of the playing group.........for now. However if the Prince continues to underwhelm, that will change. He’s a different cat, your classic square peg in a round hole. I’ve been a supporter of Lachlan but just can’t find justification for him being in the Top 17.
When you refer to the club leadership I really hope you’re referring to the team leadership group.
The Club leadership (Lynne & Hill) in particular are doing anything but lead right now.
Of course - another assumption re: Lynne/Hilly - because they don’t provide a running commentary on club matters.

I’m not supporting Lewis by the way. What many seem to be overlooking is that Foran would’ve been selected this week if cleared. Decent chance the halves would’ve been Foran and Cogger. There must be a reason Wakeham has been excluded and the suggestions the only reason are coaching incompetence I just don’t buy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

According to your logic, Mary isn't or shouldn't be under any pressure either.

Yes, I can’t comprehend the basics.
Have a good day mate. Let’s hope for win tonight. Cheers.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, I can’t comprehend the basics.
Have a good day mate. Let’s hope for win tonight. Cheers.
A win? Far too positive for the sad sacks mate

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A win? Far too positive for the sad sacks mate
I'm sure if we lose you'll have a million excuses prepared and Pay will deserve no blame. It will all be the players fault.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sure if we lose you'll have a million excuses prepared and Pay will deserve no blame. It will all be the players fault.
No, I’ll respond with facts and realistic analysis instead of over-emotional sooking and throwing the toys out of the cot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, I’ll respond with facts and realistic analysis instead of over-emotional sooking and throwing the toys out of the cot
Haha. You really are the perfect fan Natboy. We all aspire to be as great as you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha. You really are the perfect fan Natboy. We all aspire to be as great as you.
I wish you all the best. Start by getting a membership and joining the football club rather than relying on click bait from Buzz Rothfield haha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wish you all the best. Start by getting a membership and joining the football club rather than relying on click bait from Buzz Rothfield haha
Haha. Classic Natboy and Pay loyalist response. I have a membership you clown. Go back to putting your head in the sand

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha. Classic Natboy and Pay loyalist response. I have a membership you clown. Go back to putting your head in the sand
I’m actually not a Pay loyalist and have been critical of him a fair bit but the triggered pick and choose what suits their agenda. Great mate I’ll see you at the game on the 5th July cheering for the dogs and wanting us to win

Status
Not open for further replies.