Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion I think he won’t be here next year, considering we won’t be winning any games this year, we couldn’t even beat a severely depleted manly side, and this team just doesn’t have any mental toughness and right coaching it’s non existent. And also pay is not the kind of coach that players will be enticed to come here and play under when we are recruiting, he basically just doesn’t have what we need. I think the board re signed him just on the basis that the playing group wouldn’t be unsettled for the time being and give them time to look for another option. IMO there’s no way he stays for another 12 months.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Under pay we will not be able to attract any big name players, that Is very true as things stand right NOW!!! Fact/case.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we lose against the Knights and the Titans pressure will certainly continue to mount.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't necessary to re-sign him for next year. If the club does want to go in a different direction they've just pissed away more money on a payout.

I know this isn't the best group of players but I'm sure other coaches could have done better than being last.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which is why it never made any sense to re-sign him in the first place. There better be a clause in that deal that leads to a minimal payout otherwise it was just a shocking decision by the club.

Either way he'll be lucky to see out the year and the club better be trying to line up a replacement.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish he would say to his guys just throw the ball around like they did end of last year when we smashed the dragons 38 nil.
Stuff completion rates,when u don't do anything with the ball u can have a 100 % completion rate doesn't mean you'll win .
I agree with comments made we still seem to b playing the way when hasler was coaching.
What have we got to lose.......frustrating

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Under pay we will not be able to attract any big name players, that Is very true as things stand right NOW!!! Fact/case.
Who would you sign Scooby that would attract these big name players?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wish he would say to his guys just throw the ball around like they did end of last year when we smashed the dragons 38 nil.
Stuff completion rates,when u don't do anything with the ball u can have a 100 % completion rate doesn't mean you'll win .
I agree with comments made we still seem to b playing the way when hasler was coaching.
What have we got to lose.......frustrating
Most of last season Pay was very conservative and negative in his tactics. It was only the last few games where the shackles came off and they were allowed to throw it around.

I was worried this season that he'd revert back to the conservative style when the finals were a (miniscule) possibility and that's exactly what he's done.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Which is why it never made any sense to re-sign him in the first place. There better be a clause in that deal that leads to a minimal payout otherwise it was just a shocking decision by the club.

Either way he'll be lucky to see out the year and the club better be trying to line up a replacement.
I actually believe it may have been a smokescreen by the club, get some stability and see how he goes by re-signing him and if things don’t pan out, “Pay” him out and move on...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually believe it may have been a smokescreen by the club, get some stability and see how he goes by re-signing him and if things don’t pan out, “Pay” him out and move on...
You may be right. That better be the case otherwise they just donated money into Pay's retirement fund.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who would you sign Scooby that would attract these big name players?
Not sure mate, but there must be other options! All I know is we need something to give us a boost, we need some luck to build like the storm,rorters, Souths etc .. we have a lot go against us for so long and like everyone I’m making assumptions.. I’m in no way able to give that answer, but opinions I can.

Someone with a proven record and success, someone who gets results consistently.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure mate, but there must be other options! All I know is we need something to give us a boost, we need some luck to build like the storm,rorters, Souths etc .. we have a lot go against us for so long and like everyone I’m making assumptions.. I’m in no way able to give that answer, but opinions I can.
Yeah, it was a genuine question mate, as outside of Walters, I don’t really know who is available who can attract a big name? Griffin? Not sure on him...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a genuine question mate, as outside of Walters, I don’t really know who is available who can attract a big name? Griffin? Not sure on him...
Yea mate, maybe.. but the next coach we get will need to be more than a stop gap so we can get this club back to the bloody top where we belong..!!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Manly are a good side this year. Wel prob win 4 more games against sub par opposition

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It wasn't necessary to re-sign him for next year. If the club does want to go in a different direction they've just pissed away more money on a payout.

I know this isn't the best group of players but I'm sure other coaches could have done better than being last.
Which team in the NRL has a worse roster than us?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which team in the NRL has a worse roster than us?
The titans aren't too flash. There's other teams who have battled through with pretty poor sides, Manly when we played them is an example, their back 5 on paper was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.