Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If wooden spoon favouritism is your metric for how difficult a coaches job is then why are you so critical of Pays work considering he landed last years wooden spoon favourites several spots higher than predicted, and just 3 points outside the top 8?
I'm critical of Pay because he has no direction and constantly chops and changes yet always reverts to the same issues. He never learns, which is relavent with Lewis starting tomorrow, that's why I'm critical of him and will continue to be... I can live with him making a mess of the interchange on the regular even though it's infuriating... But not picking the best 17 week in week out with multiple players out of position.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Titans have massive coin tied up in Bryce Cartwright, Shannon Boyd, Jarrod Wallace, Kevin Proctor and Ash Taylor. They don’t have back ended deal but they do have plenty of duds taking up lots of cap space. I wouldn’t say they don’t have cap problems.
Every one if those players was considerd a big deal or star when signed. There is and always has been a Bermuda Triangle issue with the Gold Coast.

That’s not what I am trying to debate. I am not batting for Pay, I am pointing out that some of the Holbrook lovers ( or circle jerkers ) as Sancho likes to use, are reaching for the excuse box now that he is not delivering.

Hypocritical, at the very least.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha please he signed with them because that's where a NRL job was... Our roster is shit, titans is worse... Ask anyone who they think will get the spoon and they will tell you the Titans because their team is shit.
Crap Mike, that is just crap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
F being Titans, Warriors and Dragons supporters. Even tho I think Dragons have a very good squad on paper it isn't clicking and there really isn't a lot they can do with their roster for a couple of years. At least if we get the recruitment right for next year we can be in contention for finals positions. Even if we can finish 8th next season that would be amazing for me after what we've gone through. I really do think Pay should be judged (regarding keeping his job or being sacked) with how he performs next year with a competitive roster. I think it's very similar to Brown and Knights last season. With how our players played last season (effort areas) it's evident Pay hasn't lost the dressing room as well. If you judge Pay from how the team has finished in previous seasons and especially last year he's over achieved because we were tipped for the wooden spoon and finished just outside the eight. I don't think Pay should be replaced now unless a top coach is available (otherwise we're just doing a sideways swap) and it doesn't look like that's the case.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm critical of Pay because he has no direction and constantly chops and changes yet always reverts to the same issues. He never learns, which is relavent with Lewis starting tomorrow, that's why I'm critical of him and will continue to be... I can live with him making a mess of the interchange on the regular even though it's infuriating... But not picking the best 17 week in week out with multiple players out of position.
So even though by your own stated rationale we have significantly overachieved, you’re still having a whinge.

You don’t know what our best 17 is nor do the self-proclaimed selection and tactical experts on this forum.

You want to place a massive forgive on whatever Holbrook does this year based on his roster but you’re happy to savage Pay who inherited a team in even worse shape, because you don’t agree with his selections as you know better from your position on the armchair.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every one if those players was considerd a big deal or star when signed. There is and always has been a Bermuda Triangle issue with the Gold Coast.

That’s not what I am trying to debate. I am not batting for Pay, I am pointing out that some of the Holbrook lovers ( or circle jerkers ) as Sancho likes to use, are reaching for the excuse box now that he is not delivering.

Hypocritical, at the very least.
It’s only 3 games with a 8 week gap one of the games it’s probably better to judge it at the end of the season I’d say. Holbrook was asking for trouble taking on the poisoned chalice of the Titans in the first place.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean pay will be Given 1 year extension. He has recruited Thompson. Bateman, ado Carr; and Nick Cotric.
Dean Pay will be given a 12month conditional extension. Apparently Bateman has agreed to terms(one position where we have plenty of cover & at $700k+ this administration is kidding itself if it thinks this is a great move).
JAC is still in negotiations with at least 1 other Sydney Club asking $600k+.
Cotric is staying at the Raiders.
The Club is looking at Korobeite to join ASAP & would be a bargain @$300k for the remainder of this season.
The Club has also not ruled out making a play for Radradra.

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If jmk was the future at hooked than why did the club chase;
Brailey
Robson
Turpin
Api k

that would make jmk 5th choice future hooker wouldn’t it?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s only 3 games with a 8 week gap one of the games it’s probably better to judge it at the end of the season I’d say. Holbrook was asking for trouble taking on the poisoned chalice of the Titans in the first place.
Yeah, like I said Spoonman84, I am not commenting to defend Pay. I am more pointing out a little hypocrisy..

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If jmk was the future at hooked than why did the club chase;
Brailey
Robson
Turpin
Api k

that would make jmk 5th choice future hooker wouldn’t it?
Yet another poor reflection on our current administration &,woeful recruitment team strategy.

The narrative from Lynne & Hill is starting to wear pretty thin.There seems to be no plan or process & appear to embrace the “sit on our hands” policy & hope & hope & hope.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't take too much stock in gossip columns like this one but anyone who thinks erratic and random selections by Pay every week won't eventually unsettle the playing group is kidding themselves.

If we win, the tension in the squad will die down. If we have a few more ugly losses in a row, things could start to get ugly and Pay could soon have a mutiny on his hands.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez that's pretty poor, hope your wrong and that they have already nailed at least 4 x stars...
Yet another poor reflection on our current administration &,woeful recruitment team.
The narrative from Lynne & Hill is starting to wear pretty thin.There seems to be no plan or process & appear to embrace the “sit on our hands” policy & hope & hope & hope.
Dean Pay will be given a 12month conditional extension. Apparently Bateman has agreed to terms(one position where we have plenty of cover & at $700k+ this administration is kidding itself if it thinks this is a great move).
JAC is still is negotiations with at least 1 other Sydney Club asking $600k+.
The Club is looking at Korobeite to join ASAP & would be a bargain @$300k for the remainder of this season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't take too much stock in gossip columns like this one but anyone who thinks erratic and random selections by Pay every week won't eventually unsettle the playing group is kidding themselves.

If we win, the tension in the squad will die down. If we have a few more ugly losses in a row, things could start to get ugly and Pay could soon have a mutiny on his hands.
Indeed. Pay mind find himself locked in the toilet of the centre of excellence at Belmore whilst Wakeham, fresh from his re-signing and filthy for missing selection this week takes over the dressing room and orders immediate PlayStation sessions for all.

Mate - seriously. A mutiny? Please. Even if a coach begins to ‘lose’ a dressing room it’s hardly a ‘mutiny’. And there’s no evidence to suggest anything is afoot.

Besides, do you believe the club leadership don’t sniff the breeze? Do you think Pay is immune to scrutiny and no-one ever asks the players how they feel about various matters? Especially Jacko?

This reeks of McCullough all over again.
Some gossip gets written and suddenly the Kennel is up in arms at this credible piece of news and imminent doom. Sigh.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Indeed. Pay mind find himself locked in the toilet of the centre of excellence at Belmore whilst Wakeham, fresh from his re-signing and filthy for missing selection this week takes over the dressing room and orders immediate PlayStation sessions for all.

Mate - seriously. A mutiny? Please. Even if a coach begins to ‘lose’ a dressing room it’s hardly a ‘mutiny’. And there’s no evidence to suggest anything is afoot.

Besides, do you believe the club leadership don’t sniff the breeze? Do you think Pay is immune to scrutiny and no-one ever asks the players how they feel about various matters? Especially Jacko?

This reeks of McCullough all over again.
Some gossip gets written and suddenly the Kennel is up in arms at this credible piece of news and imminent doom. Sigh.
Hahaha I hope you have those tissues ready to be handed out mate

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JAC is still in negotiations with at least 1 other Sydney Club asking $600k+.
Why are we targetting wingers? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.