Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So besides the obvious who the “suspended” coach is, and that would be disappointing.
You are saying that Dean knows he will not be coaching the club beyond next season?
Also what happens in 2020 if the performance clauses are not met and the new guy is not allowed back into the NRL for 2020? We have another short term coach?
If Pay pulls a rabbit out of his ass, he might stay but its very unlikely.

If the Dogs can find a coach for next season, Pay will not be here

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Des was coaching now, there is no doubt we would be winning more games, because we would have a better roster with heavy back ended contracts, and in a few years time our club would be in even trouble than it is now.
Everyone else does it, gets caught, offloads fringe players, and continues on.

Sharks, Storm, Parramatta.. all cheated the cap in recent times and are enjoying success as a result.

You can even add in Knights, Manly, and probably Broncos into that equation.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I defended Pay. But after last night. He is so far out of his depth. So much chopping and changing. And not just last night. Since the start of the year he has chopped and changed players.

Last season a positive at the end was our right side, Jacko, Holland and smith. So what does he do? Moves Holland to the left hand side.

Jacko has always played right side. He moves him to the left side. Plays him at lock when he feels like it.

Elliot. This **** shouldn’t even be playing first grade. When he burst on the scene two years ago he was a good edge player. So where does Pay play him? In the middle.

CHN. He’s an edge player. So Pay plays him off the bench and in the middle. Then drops him when he’s one of our only attacking threats.

Montoya. Is he a centre? Is he a winger? Pay doesn’t know. Just play him anywhere. Fuck me.

RFM. **** again shouldn’t be playing first grade. Yet after a 2 month lay off pay chucks him straight in starting.

The whole signing an actual FB in Meaney then not playing him in first grade until rd3

The decision to drop Lewis. I was for this decision, but then to hear Lewis say he was dropped and told to work on his defence? Are you fucking kidding me? He’s defence is probably the best in the whole team.

He seems to have his favourites who wouldn’t even make other teams reserve grade team. Elliot, JMK.

The whole debacle with supposedly not rating Martin and leaving him out each week. No wonder players are supposedly over his coaching.

He is so far out of his depth. The club needs to get rid of him and honestly get rid of 25 of our top 30.
Couldn't believe my eyes when I read the report of Pay criticising Lewis defence...

It's like watching a child coach

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin Walters Coaching Career

Ipswich Jets Head Coach
2007: 4th and Club Champions
2008: Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists

Catalans Dragons Head Coach
2009: Super League Semi-Final
2010: Challenge Cup Semi-Final

Melbourne Storm (Assistant Coach)
2011: Minor Premiers & Preliminary Final
2012: Premiers
2013: Semi Finals

Newcastle Knights Halves Coach
2014: 12th

Brisbane Assistant Coach
2003: Qualifying Final
2004: Semi Finals
2005: Semi Finals
2015: Runners Up
2018: 4 Rounds

Queensland Head Coach
2016: Won 2-1
2017: Won 3-0
2018: Lost 1-2
2019: ?

Queensland Assistant Coach
2006: Won 2-1
2007: Won 2-1
2008: Won 2-1
2014: Lost 2-1
2015: Won 2-1

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As shit as pay is (and he's pretty fucking shit) At least he didn't play a centre at half back

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh I have a thing for Noddy being assistant at our club, dunno why lol
Because he's a smart cookie and will make our halves be on the ball before the forwards and playing over the advantage line

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If you watched yesterday's Ccup game its so evident he knows his footy through the commentary, especially anything for the playmakers. Should be a halves coach in the least! Club is fukn clueless!!!!!
He should have never been let go by our club in the first place... been very vocal on wanting him back for a while, Cogger may or may not be our long term 7, but with Kimmorleys help he would improve a lot

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I have met him . He was very polite
That's fine and I'm not here for an argument (each to their own).
All I can say is he was less than gracious with a group of kids back in his playing days.
Maybe he has grown up but he was known as a grub by most of his peers.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's fine and I'm not here for an argument (each to their own).
All I can say is he was less than gracious with a group of kids back in his playing days.
Maybe he has grown up but he was known as a grub by most of his peers.
It's no secret that he is a shit stirrer but who cares? He was adored by his team mates, played with intent , played to win.
Legend goes that he was sacked by des for trying to invent game plans with small groups of players at training.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about assistant, but this guy would make a better coach than payliving-puppets-super-grover-75-cm.jpg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Forget a coaching mentor, he needs a career advisor or some Centrelink forms.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the Origin Series if finished.

The Board acts in the best interests of the Club and admit they got it wrong with Pay.

Then release Pay.

Sign Kevin Walters as Head Coach, he could also entice some Queenslander's here.

Sign the Walker Brothers as Assistant Coaches who concentrate on attack (Walters must accept this condition on signing).

The above and a cleanout of players should hopefully free up enough money to entice the best available players to want and play for us.

It could work as Walters has served a long enough apprenticeship under the NRL's two best coaches and it will also give the Walkers Brothers a chance to show what they can do in the hope that further down the track some other Club, maybe even us takes a chance on them as head coaches.

This may get us back in the same corner as Easts and Souths before 2023 as I have previously stated in my opinion is necessary.

It also may set a new trend of attacking unstructured (to a certain degree) football in the NRL if successful.

Wouldn't that be good for the game!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@ ^^^^

Walters only wants the SOO gig. He was offered the Brisbane gig before Seibold and politely refused.

Walker brothers are overhyped. Jets are sitting middle of the ladder (scoring 20 points but conceeding 28 a game). The other week they got blown off the park 62-8.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@ ^^^^

Walters only wants the SOO gig. He was offered the Brisbane gig before Seibold and politely refused.

Walker brothers are overhyped. Jets are sitting middle of the ladder (scoring 20 points but conceeding 28 a game). The other week they got blown off the park 62-8.
Remember reading something on Walters going for an interview with the Broncos? And his Mrs. called them out for stealing his ideas from the interview?

Or am I remembering the wrong person?

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook and bring his sthelens team with him, 15 wins from 16.
I’d rather take a gamble on Holbrook than griffin Hasn’t griffin been sacked from 2 clubs?

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need signings asap and if pay isnt going to attract any signings then hes gotta go
no decent player would want to be associated with this team of losers or it would lower their own reputation so we are stuck maybe for years with dumbass players on inflated contracts. This new board came in with visions of turning this team around . I have yet to see them make one decent positive statement about where we go from here so even though the board owes a duty to the supporters, that elected them, no comment suggests they don't care one iota about what we think or say. We are mere pawns in their rise to power and we will never count until elections come around again.
Say something Management, something to make us think about the future instead of letting us flounder exactly like the team is.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Broncos brushed Walters and he was/is filthy with them

I’d fkn take Barrett

Any one beats Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.