Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A first I thought that Napa for Klemmer was a decent replacement, may be not at the money being quoted but we are not exactly in a position of strength recruit wise at present.

On the surface i would have said they were fairly similar players, aggressive meter eaters, how wrong i was!

Checking Napa's stats against Klemmer's, year on year show just how far behind Napa is!

Klemmer dominates him in every aspect, meters per game, hit ups, post contact meters, offloads, tackles, tackle efficiency.

In fact Napa's stats put him behind pretty much our entire pack, and makes woods looks like a superstar, teh Burgi' twins also shit all over him.

Hope this is not a knee jerk reaction by the board and Hill shiiting themselves becasue Klemmer has asked to leave?
Stats????
You’re obviously from the Des Hasler school of coaching...
stats don’t tell you everything other than what you term of references are.
If the game of rugby league came down to stats- the bulldogs would have been minor & major premiers 4 seasons running.
Fact remains:- football games are won on the scoreboard.......not stat sheets

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A first I thought that Napa for Klemmer was a decent replacement, may be not at the money being quoted but we are not exactly in a position of strength recruit wise at present.
On the surface i would have said they were fairly similar players, aggressive meter eaters, how wrong i was!
Checking Napa's stats against Klemmer's, year on year show just how far behind Napa is!
Klemmer dominates him in every aspect, meters per game, hit ups, post contact meters, offloads, tackles, tackle efficiency.
In fact Napa's stats put him behind pretty much our entire pack, and makes woods looks like a superstar, teh Burgi' twins also shit all over him.
Hope this is not a knee jerk reaction by the board and Hill shiiting themselves becasue Klemmer has asked to leave?
I don't see that as a fair comparison, Napa has competition from within his own team for stats, Waerea-Hargreaves, Cordner, plus Tedesco and Tupou for example steal hit up metres from him. In a $15m team he just doesn't get the same opportunities to accumulate stats as Klemmer does.

Not suggesting that we should or shouldn't take him, I'm ambivalent, just as long as we don't pay too much and/or have too long a contract.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stats????
If the game of rugby league came down to stats- the bulldogs would have been minor & major premiers 4 seasons running.
Lol wut? In what universe would stats have us as that? Our creative stats are almost non existent.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol wut? In what universe would stats have us as that? Our creative stats are almost non existent.
Tongue in cheek.....
Were you in a coma during the Hasler reign? Watch any of his pm conferences our stats in particular our completions were 2nd to none..,,,,

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
If the roosters,a team of stars and the premiers can find a place for Nappa in the team for him to play in a grand final, and are not releasing him from his contract,then he can't be that bad.
Nappa is also a rep player and rep players don't come cheap. When a rep player comes cheap it won't be long before he asks for an upgrade or he walks.

TOP DOOGY. TOP DOG.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Stats????
Stats aren’t everything but they also don’t lie

Look across his career and his numbers just don’t stack up very simple

If you need me to explain that an average of 180m per game is more than 77m per game I’d be happy to

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine knights settle for Tolman and we manage Napa.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Klemmer image on the membership page makes me sick - I sent club an email - no response - I have renewed 5 so feel entitled to do so - last year it was James Graham!

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stats????
Stats don't tell everything but this is pretty damning and I can't see a way of sugar coating it:

I can’t see anything to get excited about in Napa. Can someone reassure me because the following stats are damning:
Foxsports stats

Klemmer 23 offloads to Napa's 3!!!!!!!!
Klemmer 30 tackle breaks to Napa 9!!!!!!
Klemmer 25 missed tackles to Napa 35
Klemmer 3, 845m to Napa 1, 419 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Klemmer 11 penalties to Napa 17

NRL stats
Klemmer averaged 16.7 hit ups for 181m Napa averaged 7 runs for 76m
Klemmer made 24 offloads Napa made 5 offloads
Klemmer's tackle efficiency is 92% Napa's is 86%
Klemmer post contact metres 1650 Napa post contact meters 542
Klemmer tackle breaks 38 Napa tackle breaks 13

Napa would have been good a few years ago. As far as I can see the game has passed him by and the Roosters are lucking out by getting rid of him now.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
136 pages of Klemmer related posts in this thread. I am sure there are other klemmer related posts and threads outside of this one. But, STILL NO SIGNINGS or development!! Napa is overseas. Klemmer is god knows where. Can he just move on and we sign Napa already so the boys and us fans can move on. I don't like the drag and delay. If it drags any longer it is going to become very distracting for the players.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Klemmer image on the membership page makes me sick - I sent club an email - no response - I have renewed 5 so feel entitled to do so - last year it was James Graham!
It's a farewell present :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Side note...

Anyone notice that most big name props that have left the Dogs mid contract, or at their peak (of late) have copped lengthy injuries in the first season with their new club.

James Graham.
Sam Kasiano.
Lloyd Perrett.

If looks could kill.

That's the look his wife gave him when he told her he signed with the club till 2020.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he asked to go out with friends.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he asked if he could have his own Facebook/Instagram account NOT controlled by her.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he said he enjoyed playing for the Bulldogs and didn't want to leave.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side note...

Anyone notice that most big name props that have left the Dogs mid contract, or at their peak (of late) have copped lengthy injuries in the first season with their new club.

James Graham.
Sam Kasiano.
Lloyd Perrett.

That's the look his wife gave him when he told her he signed with the club till 2020.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he asked to go out with friends.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he asked if he could have his own Facebook/Instagram account NOT controlled by her.
That's also the look his wife gave him when he said he enjoyed playing for the Bulldogs and didn't want to leave.
The curse of the Bulldog.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stats don't tell everything but this is pretty damning and I can't see a way of sugar coating it:

I can’t see anything to get excited about in Napa. Can someone reassure me because the following stats are damning:
Foxsports stats

NRL stats

Napa would have been good a few years ago. As far as I can see the game has passed him by and the Roosters are lucking out by getting rid of him now.
Klemmer plays a shit load of minutes in every game for us

What are Napa average minutes?

Pretty sure he doesn’t get the same?

Anyone got pro rata stats lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Foxsports stats

NRL stats

Those stats are damning..

Those saying stats arent important need to be able to justify those numbers by Napa and the money being reportedly offered by our club to Napa..

The guy is simply not worth it, he doesnt make the metres or have a high output..

hes aggressive & that in itself made him miss many games in 2018..

Save Napas money and go hard for Taupau if the club is letting Klemmer go (which is fckd up anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.