Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer plays a shit load of minutes in every game for us

What are Napa average minutes?

Pretty sure he doesn’t get the same?

Anyone got pro rata stats lol
I'll compare some stats with Fualalo lol.

Napa per game
41.3 minutes
8.2 runs
8.7m per run
86% tackle efficiency
19.3 tackles
1.8 missed tackles
1 try cause (season)
5 line break causes (season)

Fualalo per game
43 minutes
10.1 runs
8.8m per run
91% tackle efficiency
18.4 tackles
1.3 missed tackles
2 try causes (season)
3 line break causes (season)

Napa is just a hard hitting Fualalo lol. Anyway i should've compared Napa to the other props at the roosters but i didn't realise until i got to this. Napa gets through the least work and is the least effective with the ball in hand. His ineffectiveness with the ball is fairly obvious when you actually see how he's been running these last few years. No footwork, no tackle breaking ability, no offload..are we seriously just buying a bloke because he hits hard? Such a Dean Pay thing to do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa makes his mark on the game. Danny does not. Fuck yo' stats
Napa is the Roosters 4th string prop ffs, can't believe we have flops on here getting excited over him. He's dead average

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa is the Roosters 4th string prop ffs, can't believe we have flops on here getting excited over him. He's dead average

But what he brings is aggression, he will lead our young forwards into battle, we were becoming too reliant on Klemmer to do all the dirty work.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Games are won on defence, cast your mind back to Origin when NSW could barely make it beyond their own 30, Napa was a big reason for that.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll compare some stats with Fualalo lol.

Napa per game
41.3 minutes
8.2 runs
8.7m per run
86% tackle efficiency
19.3 tackles
1.8 missed tackles
1 try cause (season)
5 line break causes (season)

Fualalo per game
43 minutes
10.1 runs
8.8m per run
91% tackle efficiency
18.4 tackles
1.3 missed tackles
2 try causes (season)
3 line break causes (season)

Napa is just a hard hitting Fualalo lol. Anyway i should've compared Napa to the other props at the roosters but i didn't realise until i got to this. Napa gets through the least work and is the least effective with the ball in hand. His ineffectiveness with the ball is fairly obvious when you actually see how he's been running these last few years. No footwork, no tackle breaking ability, no offload..are we seriously just buying a bloke because he hits hard? Such a Dean Pay thing to do.
Your over-reliance on stats is eerily reminiscent of Des Hasler.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But what he brings is aggression, he will lead our young forwards into battle, we were becoming too reliant on Klemmer to do all the dirty work.
He can't even lead the Roosters pack yet all of a sudden he will lead ours? You lot are overvaluing his so called agression because of a few big hits while failing to balance it with the negatives such as penalties, suspensions and crucial missed tackles.

Like i have asked before, other than his big hits, what does he bring? What does he do that will drastically improve our side and fix problem areas? Hard running, footwork, offloads, tackle breaking ability are all non existent with him.

I watched our games and very rarely thought "ohh if we had some bloke that can whack ***** then we would have won that". Instead i'm sitting there thinking about our lack of pace, footwork and general creativity across the spine and outside backs that once again cost our side and poor offensive coaching. These areas are in far more need than a bloody prop.

Blokes worth 450k at most, any more and the clubs just taking the piss. And before anyone says the usual "there's nobody on the market", well who cares? The market is constantly changing and players are always becoming available. I'd much rather sit back and develop what we have and go for a key recruit in 2020 that addresses our problems rather than rush into signing a prop because that's all there is and the board needs to keep some fans happy. Could you honestly tell me that recruiting Napa now is mote likely to lead us to success than recruiting a gun half or centre for 2020?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your over-reliance on stats is eerily reminiscent of Des Hasler.
It's no over reliance. A stats comparison was asked for, so i provided one against a player in the same position that plays similar minutes. I don't need stats to tell me that Napa hits hard or stops before the line when running the ball.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll say it again...... IF NAPPA IS ANY GOOD, UNCLE NICK WILL NEVER LET HIM GO!!!!!!!
Nappa couldnt even start at the roosters.... and red heads are usually good players..... oh well, there is always an exception....
The roosters never ever allow players they want to keep to leave their club.... he is an over-rated front rower... only makes the QLD side because they dont have genuine quality front rowers. If he was from NSW he wouldnt even make the 21 man squad...

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_0183.JPG

He went from belmore with a bald head to newy with this Mohawk haha.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
so we will become reliant on Napa then?

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would anyone think he will play for the dogs the way he plays for qld? Look at Klemmer, goes to another level for rep games...
And will he WANT to play aggressively for the dogs, or just pick up the cash and move on... is his heart in it? Or will he be like all the rest.. average until the last 6 months when he has to play for a new contract??

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aggression to me is making dominating tackle, hurting opps, in their face, tackle after tackle. Not about making 1 or 2 big hits every second game.
Secondly, without knowing how much being offered, players with defence as their selling point dont normally get much. With the game favouring attack more and more. Players with attacking skills are the ones that get more coverage, bring in crowd and sponsors.
Just my opinion.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer will not be at the dogs next season and it's all due to his failed TPA from last season. He is owed back payments and the club can't pay them. That's the truth and the rest is all bullshit. He had all the rights to ask for a release from his final 2 years of his contract and there is nothing the club could of done about it.
His contract is up in 2 years.. if the club really wanted to keep him why dont they offer him the lost TPA money part of his next contract...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Kennel whinges at Aaron Woods being paid 800K a year.. but will cop Napa being offered 2million over 3 years..

Out of those 2 situations I would take Woods, at least he makes 100m and gets quick play of the balls..

Woods was also signed to help retain Klem which was fair reason IMO..

In comparison Parra are paying Paulo 800K/yr and now Knights are offering Klem over 1mil a year..

Status
Not open for further replies.