Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate how you love Foran prior to 2018 he didn't play for NZ and was in rehab all through the pre season to get his body right and what happened, not 1 decent game for us in fact I thought that Frawley played better than him in the few games he played.
If after virtually a full year of rehab he fails again you deserve a truck load of BS (the genuine stuff) dumper in you lounge room.
Thats harsh

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok prove me wrong then. Lets see what your beloved board are made of. Lets see what we get in return for klemmer. I bet we get nothing. Im more then happy to get egg on my face. But this current board has done nothing besides blame the old board for everything.

This klemmer situation will make them or break them. If we get nothing out of it then this current board is as pathetic as the last one.
I dont think the new board is blaming the old board, I think its you saying the new board is blaming the old board, the new board is making the best out of a bad situation, we dont really know whats going on behind the scenes one week is a long time in Rugby League , what you are saying is all speculation. It may not be what it seems (with the Klem) situation. Sure as, the board will not tell you, you are only guessing.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest failure in all this is the NRL administrators. They have again shown they are totally inept in every thing they do, or dont do.
Why isnt the system set up so this cant happen? How can a person have a wriiten contract and just walk away?
There should be a penalty clause in all contracts to prevent this from happening.
It will just get worse from here on as the NRL is to weak or to stupid to see whats happening.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uumm let me see. Perhaps a good prop like fonua blake for about 450-500k per year. Then let me see prehaps a gun centre with the left over money because our backline is pathetic. And then if Foran goes replace him with a gun halfback like Shaun Johnson or Mitchell Moses. Oohh and if we cant find gun replacement then klemmer stays for the next 2 years weather he likes it or not.

Now ill ask you what would you like in return for klemmer?
Whose to say those things wont happen or better no one can see the future.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t go near Moses personally but the rest I agree with and I’m not sure why you don’t think the board can do it. It might not be those exact players but I’m pretty confident we will end up with something similar to what you want.

Give them some time and you have every right to rip in if they don’t deliver but give them a chance!
Correct Spoony

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think we should be expecting any players from Newcastle. What we get out of this is Klemmers back ended deal off our books completely. This allows us to approach other clubs that have something we want/need a fb we can grab it after negotiating. I’m not expecting anything until a couple of weeks after Klemmer is released
Agree, it can't be just about the money, with the back ended contract that Klem has, he will pocket say 1.8 mill in the next two years fron us. Comparative with the Newcastle offer. There is something else going on probably with the minister for home affairs.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Uumm let me see. Perhaps a good prop like fonua blake for about 450-500k per year. Then let me see prehaps a gun centre with the left over money because our backline is pathetic. And then if Foran goes replace him with a gun halfback like Shaun Johnson or Mitchell Moses. Oohh and if we cant find gun replacement then klemmer stays for the next 2 years weather he likes it or not.

Now ill ask you what would you like in return for klemmer?
Would you like some fairy floss with your martini

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Double edged sword... play like shit because he's unhappy at Dogs, and he risks losing his Rep jerseys (and bonuses).

Aaron Woods is the worst thing that could have happened to this club.
If anybody remembers at the beginning of the year Klemmer was playing like a busted ass as he thought he was holidaying in Bali with his love Woods.
The Kennel went ape shit when he was dropped to the bench and Klemmer picked up his game and attitude when it was said that he was not going to play Origin.

I agree Woods along with Foran are the worst thing that could of happened to the mighty blue and whites

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put him in open market and release him to whoever that can offer the best term to the club. The club is looking after their best interest, put pressure back on klemmer and knights and we dont look like a dickhead trying to hang on to a player that wants to leave. Who knows with all these recent coaching movements. Tough luck to klemmer if he just wants to move to newcastle but we have to look after ourselves too.
Lol. Im just saying this without knowing much details of whats going on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
AFB would be the most ideal replacement for Klemmer, doesn't have as big a workrate but is more explosive and will get through plenty of metres per run. He's also about 2 years younger than Klemmer, has 60 odd games experience and is more of an attacking threat.

In saying all that is it worth us loading up on another prop? We could just back what we have and hold all the funds so we can make a big play for a key player either in the spine or at centre when they become available, not like us getting a prop now would make that big a difference to the side. We currently have Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, Ogden, To'omaga and Tualau as props atm...potentially RFM could also be converted to prop with our congestion in the backrow. There's enough upside in that lot to maybe take the risk and back them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
LOL. Did we not just release Woods only half a season into a 4 year deal? Haha. Hill just spinning shit as usual to suit the narrative, only thing worth believing atm is what we see rather than what we hear from the club.

Anyway If there's any truth about Klemmers payment issues then i have no doubts if Klemmer decides he wants out then he will get out. I hate to think how much money he might be on towards the backend of his contract if it's structured similar to Graham, Eastwood and the Morris'.
I got called negative for this lololol.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone name any other club in the comp that would happily release their starting half and proper just before pre season for no reason?
There has to be a reason, we wish we knew what that was, we are only guessing at the moment, ie backended deals, players unhappy, wives unhappy/restless

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe how much koolaid drinking is going on in this place or how many people say stupid shit about how they don't rate him etc. Hes one of the best props in the comp. The stats back it up.

Once we lose him and replace him with your standard plodder is when the real hell is going to break loose. Fuck sake, the kennel has been hating on Tolman for years and its entirely likely we're going to end up with someone worse than him.

Spin it however makes you sleep better at night, but the reality is that losing klemmer is a huge blow.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFB would be the most ideal replacement for Klemmer, doesn't have as big a workrate but is more explosive and will get through plenty of metres per run. He's also about 2 years younger than Klemmer, has 60 odd games experience and is more of an attacking threat.

In saying all that is it worth us loading up on another prop? We could just back what we have and hold all the funds so we can make a big play for a key player either in the spine or at centre when they become available, not like us getting a prop now would make that big a difference to the side. We currently have Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, Ogden, To'omaga and Tualau as props atm...potentially RFM could also be converted to prop with our congestion in the backrow. There's enough upside in that lot to maybe take the risk and back them.
I tend to agree if we could get AFB at a good price I'd take him but there's no way way we need a rep prop to replace Klemmer.

The problem is if we go with the props that we have now is that if it turns to shit early in the season it will be a lot harder and more expensive to bring a decent prop in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ramien OUT

Holland IN

Holland will be the messiah!
Tbf Holland did finish the season with 13 try involvements from 10 starts for us. In comparison Jmoz had 14 try involvements while Hoppa had 16. Jmoz played an extra 500 minutes while Hoppa played almost an extra 900 minutes. Holland was easily our biggest attacking threat at centre last season.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Media are still peddling that we have a dire problem with our cap lol. Wonder how many players we have to release before they think we are under the cap? Hill has already said we have wriggle room in the cap now.
Wriggle room ? Youd think it would be a war chest considering

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you be prepared to give them a couple of weeks of negotiations with other clubs after Klemmer is gone?
Id prefer they actually get someone before his gone. We hold all the cards at the moment why give up the upper hand.

Fuck klemmer and newcastle. He gets his release once we have secured his replacement/replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.