Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’m guessing here, but I reckon it could be Papalii. Origin prop, and someone Pay has coached in his days at the Raiders.
it's the media remember. It's probably Tony William's trying his hand in the forwards

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It frustrates me that the club can sit back and let a smaller club like Newcastle dictate the terms. We don't owe anything to them so they can rightly tell them to trade or fuck off.
Simple as that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How dare people get offered more money for the same job and change!

I myself would never do something like that with kids and a mortgage.

yeah and also people sign contracts and they think they can not get out of it.

I am about to break the contract with my bank , ofcourse there are not going to be any repercussions. right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Even then there's a whole lot more to it. Either way i don' think any of our fans should direct this much anger at Klemmer, not like our club has been honoring our playing contracts recently.

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score

Absolutely no different to a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) where the member signs the dotted line committing to three years service.

The ADF expends time, effort and money developing the member, the ADF expects a return on their investment.

Unless there are compelling circumstance, the member is committed to completing three years service, regardless if the member finds another job that pays marginally more...

Similarly, the Bulldogs committed time, effort and money developing D.Klemmer, in turn he committed to a contract. I appreciate the fans haven’t been exposed to his personal circumstance, which may be legitimate, but right now it appears to be all to be about the money, regardless of recent media “stories”.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lynne isnt steering this ship Chris is.
This is going to take time.
We all should be prepared for at least two years of rebuilding. If you expect anything sooner you are going to be dissappointed.
Lynne Anderson is the chairman.

Same as Nick Politis is the chairman of Roosters.

How can she not be steering us as you say?

That was her election promise.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely no different to a member of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) where the member signs the dotted line committing to three years service.

The ADF expends time, effort and money developing the member, the ADF expects a return on their investment.

Unless there are compelling circumstance, the member is committed to completing three years service, regardless if the member finds another job that pays marginally more...

Similarly, the Bulldogs committed time, effort and money developing D.Klemmer, in turn he committed to a contract. I appreciate the fans haven’t been exposed to his personal circumstance, which may be legitimate, but right now it appears to be all to be about the money, regardless of recent media “stories”.
Of course personal reasons are not legitimate .. if it was such a big issue he would quit the game not go play for another team on more money a couple of hours away .. the one good thing with this whole debacle , dogs are in line to win the comp next year because the "brains " trust of the Johns bros did really good in persuading Pearce to leave the chooks so they could win the Comp, while the poor bastard didn't even play the semis

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is but that's not going to change overnight except if you have big dollars to spend and quality players coming off contract similar to 08/09. This time the repair is going to take a while.
I dont have faith in our current 'rebuild'

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well we let go of many of our good players to have wiggle room in our 'salary cap'..

So now we have to splash some cash.. we are now a club that will have to pay 'overs' to sign decent players
No!

We have no cap space!

Its a great line being milked by the club at moment to blame the previous administration and give an excuse for poor results in the coming years.

The truth is we were always cap compliant, they even said that at the members meeting before Woods and Mbye were released, but the coach wants to assemble his own team and had to let players go to have space to reshape the squad.

The problem is we cant attract anyone.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It frustrates me that the club can sit back and let a smaller club like Newcastle dictate the terms. We don't owe anything to them so they can rightly tell them to trade or fuck off.
Simple as that.
Newcastle will be the new darlings of the NRL, they will be the new Souths in which the media and the NRL will bend backwards over . The corruption between news limited and the NRL runs deep

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't get why people want Klemmer to be on the same salary at the Knights

We all know what this is about, worse case scenario if he leaves then you'd obviously want him to take as much salary cap as possible in another opposition's team

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't get why people want Klemmer to be on the same salary at the Knights

We all know what this is about, worse case scenario if he leaves then you'd obviously want him to take as much salary cap as possible in another opposition's team
The Dogs shouldn't pay any of his contract.

If a player breaks a contract, the club he joins pays for the entire contract, plus give the club who is losing the player compensation.

Different story if a club tells a player to move on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs shouldn't pay any of his contract.

If a player breaks a contract, the club he joins pays for the entire contract, plus give the club who is losing the player compensation.

Different story if a club tells a player to move on.
You are a broncos fan right ?

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No!

We have no cap space!

Its a great line being milked by the club at moment to blame the previous administration and give an excuse for poor results in the coming years.

The truth is we were always cap compliant, they even said that at the members meeting before Woods and Mbye were released, but the coach wants to assemble his own team and had to let players go to have space to reshape the squad.

The problem is we cant attract anyone.
This is simply not true. The previous board stuffed up big time. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that we have massive cap problems. Being cap compliant in one year does not mean you don't have cap issues in the future. In 2020 we have the bulk of our team coming into their last year of their contract, 14 players. If history is anything to go off then the Eastwood contract of $800k in his final year will probably be the norm for 8-12 players. Yes that many. Who's to say that Jackson, Hopoate, Tolman, Klemmer, and Foran aren't all on $1m+ back ended last year deals. RFM and Elliot could be on similar contracts to Eastwood and $800k in their last year also. That's $7m of a $9.6m cap on 7 players. We can just make a squad of 30 with the rest on the minimum $100k.

I choose to believe this is the case not because I care for the new board, but because I seen what Hasler did to Manly and I know how desperate Dib and Raelene were to keep their jobs with their 2 premierships by 2019 promise, and finally because the Eastwood contract was made public. You choose to believe what you want. There is no such thing as un unattractive Sydney Club. If Wests Tigers and Parra can attract players then anyone can. It's all about the money now for players. The board, coach and club itself is irrelevant. Believing anything else is bordering on delusional.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My question is...Who gave the contract details to Weezler and why ?
Weezler quotes...Klemmer is worth more than $800 k. a season and according to his break-up of the contract he is getting $843 k. a season...Isn't that the greater amount ? :confused::tonguewink:
As for the personal issues well...Haven't we heard this before ? a la Hannant & Barba.
We've become the joke of the league :rage: Enough is enough !!!
Exactly

Personal reasons and sick leave shits me

If u can recall- hannant was again after a tour!

Players fkn talk and compare each other’s dicks then comeback crying for an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.