Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
GTA Trilogy footage leaked. Still looks a bit rough and characters look like potatoes, but it oddly adds an interesting style to it. Definitely looks playable and enjoyable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Early reviews of BF2042 are really good. Currently sitting on 81 on Metacritic with only one negative review.

But all reviewers mention that it's still pretty buggy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played about 30 minutes of Samln Andreas so far. It has not aged well at all.

Definitely getting the nostalgia, but the ganky models are a bit off putting, and the audio is horrible. It sounds like every character is talking through an old CB radio.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beyond the wire, similar to hell lets loose but ww1 only had a quick round but think it decent enough to put hrs into, @Hacky do you gots sqaud? That's next on my list

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Beyond the wire, similar to hell lets loose but ww1 only had a quick round but think it decent enough to put hrs into, @Hacky do you gots sqaud? That's next on my list
Yep. Picked up Squad a fair while back and never got around to playing it. Apparently it's really good. Based on Arma, but a more accessible Arma.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. Picked up Squad a fair while back and never got around to playing it. Apparently it's really good. Based on Arma, but a more accessible Arma.
Yeah watched a few clips on it ,what battlefield should of been well in my mind ,really digging the options out there for strategy warfare, still tempted to pick up cod vanguard for a bit of arcade shooting when you need just to shoot shit up for release, they all have their places

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah watched a few clips on it ,what battlefield should of been well in my mind ,really digging the options out there for strategy warfare, still tempted to pick up cod vanguard for a bit of arcade shooting when you need just to shoot shit up for release, they all have their places
Played a bit of Vanguard multiplayer on Xbox. It's actually pretty fun for a simple death match. Campaign is good too, especially the Aussie missions

One of my favourite lines is:

Brit - "I'm an officer"

Des - "I'm Des, that's Lucas, we don't give a fuck about your rank"

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i finally finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Honestly, I think it was an excellent game. Absolutely loved it. The story was great with it's balance of comedic and seriously moments throughout. So many great characters too. I actually liked the combat system, it made sense for the game. The soundtrack was excellent, really added to certain scenes with the licensed music.

Speaking of the soundtrack, I thought it was pretty awesome that they made an actual full album for the game for the fictional band Star-lord, and not only that but it was actually a decent album to boot.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe i finally finished Guardians of the Galaxy. Honestly, I think it was an excellent game. Absolutely loved it. The story was great with it's balance of comedic and seriously moments throughout. So many great characters too. I actually liked the combat system, it made sense for the game. The soundtrack was excellent, really added to certain scenes with the licensed music.

Speaking of the soundtrack, I thought it was pretty awesome that they made an actual full album for the game for the fictional band Star-lord, and not only that but it was actually a decent album to boot.
First time I started the game, I just sat there at the start listening to the album and reading the lyrics. I'm amazed how much effort they put into that.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
First time I started the game, I just sat there at the start listening to the album and reading the lyrics. I'm amazed how much effort they put into that.
I pretty much did the same thing. They did a really great job with GOTG, considering how bad The Avengers game was which I think has had people sleep on GOTG. I hope they release some DLC or make another GOTG game, was an excellent single player experience.

Also, outside of the game I have been pumping the Star-lord album at work. I think every song is good but I will say that The Darkness Inside is probably my favourite, just love the riffs and solo's in it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I pretty much did the same thing. They did a really great job with GOTG, considering how bad The Avengers game was which I think has had people sleep on GOTG. I hope they release some DLC or make another GOTG game, was an excellent single player experience.

Also, outside of the game I have been pumping the Star-lord album at work. I think every song is good but I will say that The Darkness Inside is probably my favourite, just love the riffs and solo's in it.
They said that they're not making DLC for it, but they'll probably make a sequel.