Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone here mod GTA V?

After watching several videos I'm pretty sure I've got the jist if it. Just wanted to see if it's as easy and/or tricky as it seems.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

After watching several videos I'm pretty sure I've got the jist if it. Just wanted to see if it's as easy and/or tricky as it seems.
Not GTA V but I've modded the crap out of most other games. It's pretty easy. Used to be a case of just coping the mod files in there. Now days for most games you have to download a program that installs the mods for you. But it's a deep dark path you're heading down. You start out simple. A few buffs, a few naked models, then next thing you know you've gone full batshit insane and end up with something like this

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not GTA V but I've modded the crap out of most other games. It's pretty easy. Used to be a case of just coping the mod files in there. Now days for most games you have to download a program that installs the mods for you. But it's a deep dark path you're heading down. You start out simple. A few buffs, a few naked models, then next thing you know you've gone full batshit insane and end up with something like this

Hahahahahahahahahaha. The train whistle killed me.

Mods are part of the reason of me getting a gaming PC, TBH. Plan on nodding every GTA game. Maybe others.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahaha. The train whistle killed me.

Mods are part of the reason of me getting a gaming PC, TBH. Plan on nodding every GTA game. Maybe others.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I modded GTA 4 when I got the chance to. All I could really do was change the cars (which was cool) and also add music I wanted to the radio station. Apart from that, not much.

I'll tell you what though, I modded GTA Vice City, and for a game that was made in 2002, it had a very impressive mod. All you had to do to get it going was install the mod into the same folder GTA Vice City was in. Simple.

It included:
  • New main menu
  • Twin Towers (World Trade Center)
  • New Bridge
  • Nokia Store (hey... we're talking 2002)
Car changes:
  • Added - Washingt 850
  • SandKing (Sunshine Auto) = Ford F-150
  • Sanchez (moto)= Yamaha YZ 450
  • Virgo = Porshe 911 Turbo
  • Sentinel XS = Vector M12
  • Regina = Lotus Elise GTR
  • Admiral = Nissan Skyline (Handling problems in beta version)
  • BF Injecti Hamann
  • Oceanic = Toyota Supra Turbo
  • GreenWood = Nissan R390 GT1
  • Rumpo = Toyota Supra (Fast and Furious)
  • Faggio = Shop Cart
  • Phe Veyron Concept 2004
  • Walt Speedster
  • Blista Compact = Ford TS 50
  • Mo SL600
  • Mesa Grande = Ferrari 550 Barchetta
  • Glendale = Dodge Charger
  • Infernus = Lamborghini Diablo
  • Cheetah = ferrari F40
  • Banshee = Lamborghini Murcielago
  • Hunter = Harrier
  • Stinger = Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • PCJ 600 = Ducati 1000
  • Hermes = Toyota GT-ONE
  • Deluxo = Mitsubishi Eclipse (2 fast 2 furious)
  • Taxi = Peugeot 406 Taxi (Taxi 3)
  • Sentinel = Mitsubishi Galant
  • Hotring = Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
  • Idaho = Dodge Viper GTS
  • Landstalker = Ford Explorer
  • Rancher = Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Comet = Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Stalli Black Supra
  • Manana = Subaru Impreza WRX
  • Sabre = Ford boss 1971
  • Esperant = Ford GT-40
  • Police = Police Ford Crown Victoria
  • Sabre Turbo = Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 1967
  • Perenial = Honda NSX ULTIMATE 2000 (Ultimate Vice City Bonus)

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I modded GTA 4 when I got the chance to. All I could really do was change the cars (which was cool) and also add music I wanted to the radio station. Apart from that, not much.

I'll tell you what though, I modded GTA Vice City, and for a game that was made in 2002, it had a very impressive mod. All you had to do to get it going was install the mod into the same folder GTA Vice City was in. Simple.

It included:
  • New main menu
  • Twin Towers (World Trade Center)
  • New Bridge
  • Nokia Store (hey... we're talking 2002)
Car changes:
  • Added - Washingt 850
  • SandKing (Sunshine Auto) = Ford F-150
  • Sanchez (moto)= Yamaha YZ 450
  • Virgo = Porshe 911 Turbo
  • Sentinel XS = Vector M12
  • Regina = Lotus Elise GTR
  • Admiral = Nissan Skyline (Handling problems in beta version)
  • BF Injecti Hamann
  • Oceanic = Toyota Supra Turbo
  • GreenWood = Nissan R390 GT1
  • Rumpo = Toyota Supra (Fast and Furious)
  • Faggio = Shop Cart
  • Phe Veyron Concept 2004
  • Walt Speedster
  • Blista Compact = Ford TS 50
  • Mo SL600
  • Mesa Grande = Ferrari 550 Barchetta
  • Glendale = Dodge Charger
  • Infernus = Lamborghini Diablo
  • Cheetah = ferrari F40
  • Banshee = Lamborghini Murcielago
  • Hunter = Harrier
  • Stinger = Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • PCJ 600 = Ducati 1000
  • Hermes = Toyota GT-ONE
  • Deluxo = Mitsubishi Eclipse (2 fast 2 furious)
  • Taxi = Peugeot 406 Taxi (Taxi 3)
  • Sentinel = Mitsubishi Galant
  • Hotring = Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
  • Idaho = Dodge Viper GTS
  • Landstalker = Ford Explorer
  • Rancher = Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Comet = Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Stalli Black Supra
  • Manana = Subaru Impreza WRX
  • Sabre = Ford boss 1971
  • Esperant = Ford GT-40
  • Police = Police Ford Crown Victoria
  • Sabre Turbo = Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 1967
  • Perenial = Honda NSX ULTIMATE 2000 (Ultimate Vice City Bonus)
Nice. Are mods still available for VC?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picked up Assasins Creed Odyssey for $37. Probably not the smartest decision considering that I really didn't like Origins and I've already given up on RDR2 in chapter 3 'cause I just don't have time to play.

That said, im about 30 minutes in to Odyssey and I'm really enjoying it. It's much better than Origins. Probably due to the environment. Origins was so bland. Everything feels much smoother in this too as Origins felt awkward to play. The characters are more interesting too.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picked up Assasins Creed Odyssey for $37. Probably not the smartest decision considering that I really didn't like Origins and I've already given up on RDR2 in chapter 3 'cause I just don't have time to play.

That said, im about 30 minutes in to Odyssey and I'm really enjoying it. It's much better than Origins. Probably due to the environment. Origins was so bland. Everything feels much smoother in this too as Origins felt awkward to play. The characters are more interesting too.
You didn't like Origins?!

Odyssey is a good game but not a good AC game. Story is kind of a mess but it's fun as hell.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You didn't like Origins?!

Odyssey is a good game but not a good AC game. Story is kind of a mess but it's fun as hell.
Yeah. I tried to like it but it just wasn't fun at all. Nothing worked well.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I liked it and the fact it's set in Greece because I am a fan of Greek mythology. I still have to finish it as I was about half way through when Red Dead Redemption came out and that's all I've been playing of late.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
- Coolermaster Air Cooler - Why the fuck are they replacing the Intel stock cooler? Do they think they know better than the actual chip designers? Only replace the stock cooler if it's a K series CPU and you are overclocking the nuts out of it.
I just realised that I forgot to mention something here. The latest release of Intel CPUs no longer come with cooling fans. Intel doesn't supply them anymore so you're forced to buy a separate one.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just realised that I forgot to mention something here. The latest release of Intel CPUs no longer come with cooling fans. Intel doesn't supply them anymore so you're forced to buy a separate one.
That's only the "K" and X series processors and has always been the case with Intel.

All the G/U/standard series CPUs still come with stock Intel HSF's these days.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr. I, stop crapping on my pc... Haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. I, stop crapping on my pc... Haha
I hope you don't have a visual memory typing that... because the thought of me pinching out a gigantic turd on a PC isn't a good one.

I wasn't in the above post, just mentioning aftermarket isn't required.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly the Intel stock coolers are coo..... Great. They're great.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly the Intel stock coolers are coo..... Great. They're great.
Except if you break a pin getting them in and out. Because they are a pain in the arse to find and replace.
Then you find one and pay like $20, only to find second hand ones at your local PC store for $5 (true story).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Except if you break a pin getting them in and out. Because they are a pain in the arse to find and replace.
Then you find one and pay like $20, only to find second hand ones at your local PC store for $5 (true story).
The pins on the motherboard?

Fun story about that. Bought a motherboard from CCPU at Carlingford. The CPU fan pins were fine but the moment I opened the box I found that the CPU pad had a bent pin. Took it straight back to the store and the store owner started yelling at me saying I broke it and even saying that he actually showed me that it was fine when I bought it.

I said to him that I've built over 1,000 systems and never had that issue before, that it's physically impossible to bend one single pin while installing a CPU, and that I'd report him to the ACCC.

He agreed to get the board repaired and gave me a spare board in the mean time. I took that to mean that I'm keeping the spare board and he can do whatever he wants with the faulty board (he probably re-sold it the dodgy bastard)

2 weeks later he left a voice mail for me telling me that the video card I orders was now in stock.

Never went back to that store again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The pins on the motherboard?

Fun story about that. Bought a motherboard from CCPU at Carlingford. The CPU fan pins were fine but the moment I opened the box I found that the CPU pad had a bent pin. Took it straight back to the store and the store owner started yelling at me saying I broke it and even saying that he actually showed me that it was fine when I bought it.

I said to him that I've built over 1,000 systems and never had that issue before, that it's physically impossible to bend one single pin while installing a CPU, and that I'd report him to the ACCC.

He agreed to get the board repaired and gave me a spare board in the mean time. I took that to mean that I'm keeping the spare board and he can do whatever he wants with the faulty board (he probably re-sold it the dodgy bastard)

2 weeks later he left a voice mail for me telling me that the video card I orders was now in stock.

Never went back to that store again.
These things ... Ordinarily work great, but on the odd chance you get one that's seized or snaps off removing the HSF, they are a bastard.

upload_2018-12-7_20-13-47.png

hahaha CCPU been there ONCE to buy a wireless card.. they had so much shit there and it was unshrinkwrapped. I had to grab it though as I needed it for a job I was on. That's the only time I've been there.

TI Computers in Crows Nest I've used a few times when I've needed parts... they aren't too bad... always friendly.

I've used that many over the years though when needing parts for an immediate job (15 odd years in Break/Fix onsite IT). No idea how many PCs I've built over the years, but many of them still working even today.