Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting that. It's a great case and much larger, but I like the RGB effect and the tempered glass all around
Coolermaster Mastercase... it's tempered glass is really nice...

Or just pimp the 750D out with LED fans as you'll see it through the side window and air vents.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Coolermaster Mastercase... it's tempered glass is really nice...

Or just pimp the 750D out with LED fans as you'll see it through the side window and air vents.
Yeah, checked out those. They're cool but not the same. Check out the video I posted above. Look how clean it looks. It's just pure sexy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don't like RGB. I mean I like a little (I think my RAM have RGB) but I find a lot can be tacky as hell. It's like a civic/ricer with neons.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I have a question. I know my PC is nothing spectacular but can I be an asshole, smug **** and yell "PC master race" at everyone now? Or do I need at least a 1080 graphics card to do that?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You need a RTX 2080 to do that now :grinning: ... nah a gtx 1080 annihilates anything sitting in an xbone or ps4

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don't like RGB. I mean I like a little (I think my RAM have RGB) but I find a lot can be tacky as hell. It's like a civic/ricer with neons.
Yeah. I hated it originally but it has grown on me. I now have a keyboard that is set to be blue but each time you press a key then it turns red for a little while.

Reactions: K E

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I have a question. I know my PC is nothing spectacular but can I be an asshole, smug **** and yell "PC master race" at everyone now? Or do I need at least a 1080 graphics card to do that?
Nope. You can yell that with the weakest system and when a console peasant complains then you ask them how they're going about upgrading their console.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. You can yell that with the weakest system and when a console peasant complains then you ask them how they're going about upgrading their console.
Haha. Or mods? I look forward to being a smug ****.

You need a RTX 2080 to do that now :grinning: ... nah a gtx 1080 annihilates anything sitting in an xbone or ps4
Haha. I'm fucked then!

Was just browsing 2080s. Saw one for 2 grand. The missus would have my balls if I spent that now. And not in a good way.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Or mods? I look forward to being a smug ****.

Haha. I'm fucked then!

Was just browsing 2080s. Saw one for 2 grand. The missus would have my balls if I spent that now. And not in a good way.
hahaha yeah the price of em is insane, unless ya got got shitloads of cash just sitting around ready to burn than stay away, a gtx 1080 is a very fine gpu for all modern games.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the big things with the rtx range is their real-time ray-tracing capabilities, it is not yet ready for mass usage but is a big step towards it. This is the next big leap in realism for gaming.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the big things with the rtx range is their real-time ray-tracing capabilities, it is not yet ready for mass usage but is a big step towards it. This is the next big leap in realism for gaming.
Apparently it's dying out. The new AMD cards coming out next year will match the GTX 2080 but without the ray-tracing and will be less than half the price. That will force nVidia to dumb down their cards.

Ray-tracing is great but right now it costs a shit load more for the ray-tracing cards and they have performance issues where games are practically unplayable with ray-tracing on.

It's a pity 'cause they'll probably give up on it before it gets a chance to hit full fruition.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the sad sorry state of me.

I own a PS4, XBOX One, and PC (this gaming rig). Oh and an HP Elitebook Laptop but that's mainly for work/business/training/blah blah.

PC - I'm on everyday, yet haven't gamed on in about 18 months.
XBOX One - Turned on for updates and grabbing Games for Gold, but have not sat down and gamed on it since about Sep 2017.
PS4 - Turned on for updates, but have never sat down and gamed on it since I bought it in like late 2016.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently it's dying out. The new AMD cards coming out next year will match the GTX 2080 but without the ray-tracing and will be less than half the price. That will force nVidia to dumb down their cards.

Ray-tracing is great but right now it costs a shit load more for the ray-tracing cards and they have performance issues where games are practically unplayable with ray-tracing on.

It's a pity 'cause they'll probably give up on it before it gets a chance to hit full fruition.
That is right now, like i said ray-tracing it is not yet ready for mass usage but it is without doubt moving that way, it will take a few iterations of gpus before they are ready but that is where they are headed. All the big players in the graphics API market i.e Khronos with Vulkan and Microsoft with Direct3D are already pushing their api's to support it, these things take years to filter down to game engines and real products though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is right now, like i said ray-tracing it is not yet ready for mass usage but it is without doubt moving that way, it will take a few iterations of gpus before they are ready but that is where they are headed. All the big players in the graphics API market i.e Khronos with Vulkan and Microsoft with Direct3D are already pushing their api's to support it, these things take years to filter down to game engines and real products though.
It reminds me of VR. They rushed it out and that killed it. It's only now that it's coming back.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the case I got. Nothing special but I reckon its pretty cool.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's the sad sorry state of me.

I own a PS4, XBOX One, and PC (this gaming rig). Oh and an HP Elitebook Laptop but that's mainly for work/business/training/blah blah.

PC - I'm on everyday, yet haven't gamed on in about 18 months.
XBOX One - Turned on for updates and grabbing Games for Gold, but have not sat down and gamed on it since about Sep 2017.
PS4 - Turned on for updates, but have never sat down and gamed on it since I bought it in like late 2016.
I can't remember the last time I actually played my PS4. I turned it on the other week and EVERYTHING needed an update. "fuck this" was my response. The piece of shit doesn't auto update like the xbox?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time I actually played my PS4. I turned it on the other week and EVERYTHING needed an update. "fuck this" was my response. The piece of shit doesn't auto update like the xbox?
Pretty sure they do.... but could be wrong.

My reasoning behind buying them was:

PC - Always had a PC and been a PC gamer (hence why I can't aim for shit with a controller).
XBOX - Because I wanted to be able to play Forza series, and have a gaming setup away from the PC.
PS4 - Because I wanted to play PS exclusive games (mainly in the immersive / cinematic game space), which only PS does.

This is the case I got. Nothing special but I reckon its pretty cool.

Fuck yeah ... Coolermaster Mastercase.... 3? Represent!

I've got the Mastercase 5 with the tempered glass side as well. Tis actually a really nice case.

I'm surrounded by 4 PCs here:
1. On on my desk (LianLi XP PC for playing legacy 98/XP games on). Last turned on about 3 years ago.
2. In workstation gap under desk (Corsair Obsidian 750D main rig/gaming pc).
3. On my height adjustable work bench (Mastercase 5 - Virtual Machine Server running Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Mitel SME Server / Redhat / CentOS).
4. Also on height adjustable work bench (Antec One Hundred - Virtual Machine running Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 / Linux).

Reactions: K E

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It reminds me of VR. They rushed it out and that killed it. It's only now that it's coming back.
One of the biggest things holding back pc games is consoles, it is just not feasible for game companies to have completely separate code bases for their games, so they are hamstrung by the lowest common denominator which is usually the console.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It auto updates but you have to change the settings. Set it to update in sleep mode.

Speaking of such, Ubisoft are frigging stupid. They have an option that says "auto-update" but when you load a game it says, "this game needs an update"

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Although i should point out that consoles do punch well above their weight compared to similar hardware on a pc, they run very optimized operating system and software apis especially targeted for that exact hardware, when you are writing code for them you can squeeze every last inch of performance out of them because you don't have to consider all the hundreds of different combinations of hardware available on PC's.