Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Certainly looks impressive enough, but a touch screen controller... I am very much not a fan of those - especially if we've got a tv screen to look at!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Wahesh @Hacky McAxe @south of heaven
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...sday-detail-wk44/ps/p/arcade-one-game-system/

Aldi are selling sit down Arcade Machines for $500 each this Wednesday!!!

Machine 1 includes Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust and Defender.
Machine 2 includes Street Fighter ll Champion Edition, Street Fighter ll The New Challengers and Street Fighter ll Turbo.

At $500 it seems steep given only a few games, but someone in the comments reckons you can hook up a Raspberry Pi to them like this:

For someone not handy enough / lacking the tools to build one up from scratch it's a good alternative maybe.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-...sday-detail-wk44/ps/p/arcade-one-game-system/

Machine 2 includes Street Fighter ll Champion Edition, Street Fighter ll The New Challengers and Street Fighter ll Turbo.

At $500 it seems steep given only a few games, but someone in the comments reckons you can hook up a Raspberry Pi to them like this:

For someone not handy enough / lacking the tools to build one up from scratch it's a good alternative maybe.
Aye a mate around the corner makes em usiing pi .you can knock them up for under 500 with unlimited games.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Looks good and nostalgic but yeah the price is a bit steep for 3 games. If we're talking something like 200 games then ok... but only 3... I can't really justify that amount lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks good and nostalgic but yeah the price is a bit steep for 3 games. If we're talking something like 200 games then ok... but only 3... I can't really justify that amount lol.
Thats it you can knock one up yourself with any game you want for same price

Wahesh

Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can just imagine in 5 or so years time people having like so many of these tiny consoles that it becomes a little bit "too much".

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve still got my original Sega mega drive but it doesn’t load the games anymore. Power indicator still lights up when it switches on.

Got an original PlayStation as well pre ps one model!

I got it chipped 20 years ago and tried loading up fifa 98 but gets stuck at the loading screen before the match. :(

I never tried loading an original game.
Wish I could go back in time tell my younger self not to get it chipped! Also leave him 50 years of lotto results and a sports almanac!

Reactions: K E

Wahesh

Reaction score
It don't get much better than this guys 8-)