Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well we ain't winning shit unless we splash that sort of money at some point on a key player.
Honestly, we've tried 'splashing the cash' for years now and have got absolutely NOTHING to show for it. Perhaps it's time to look more long-term and build up from scratch. Not saying we don't spend money, just don't think we'll be repeating the Foran $1m type of marque signing again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No where in my comment did I imply Gutherson. Maybe you should read the comment I replied to instead of making assumptions.
It's true Cook. He didn't. Was more saying something to me about the need to sign a key player, but I didn't get the feeling he was even speaking about Gutherson at all ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly, we've tried 'splashing the cash' for years now and have got absolutely NOTHING to show for it. Perhaps it's time to look more long-term and build up from scratch. Not saying we don't spend money, just don't think we'll be repeating the Foran $1m type of marque signing again.
The issue was signing the wrong players on inflated contracts, not so much spending money to begin with. We're going to have to spend big sometime in the future, recruitment or retention, it just has to happen if we want to win a comp.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The issue was signing the wrong players on inflated contracts, not so much spending money to begin with. We're going to have to spend big sometime in the future, recruitment or retention, it just has to happen if we want to win a comp.
Think 'big' can mean multiple things. I think we do need to make a number of key signings, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a marque type of signing.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take Gutho for whatever we’re paying Hoppa.. he’s gotta go

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gutherson is just a Kurt Gidley type of player going through a purple patch.... very good first grader but no way is he worth 750k.
I'd give that type of money to a game breaker like Mitchell, Munster or Taumalolo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With that money?? We can probably grab Whare, French and a hooker for the money Gutho is asking.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Dessie has offered him a contract probably back ended.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gutherson is just a Kurt Gidley type of player going through a purple patch.... very good first grader but no way is he worth 750k.
I'd give that type of money to a game breaker like Mitchell, Munster or Taumalolo.
Ignoring the fact Taumalolo and Munster are on million dollar a year deals?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
C LI N T GUTHERSON

Another reason not to sign him... could end up with some risky banners.

"WE LOVE C LI NT"
Love it. You can even crowd the I and N in Clint which is less aggressive.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WWOS Mole reporting Manly not offering Walker a contract for 2020, and are due to make a $800k play for Gutho, and he's good mates with the Trbojevic twins.

I thought Manly had a redcued cap for next year? Dessie up to his ol tricks again??