Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gutherson is better than Edwards defensively, effort in general and ball playing and playmaking (massively). Edwards maybe slightly better with his support play but that's it. Honestly it's night and day. Gutherson is worth at least 700k. Edwards lucky to be worth 500k (I don't think he'll even get that at Penrith).
Very much agreed.
Gutherson has been in the top echelon of fullbacks for multiple years but he can play other positions.
I agree he is easily worth 700k. Not sure about 900k. It all depends on how you structure and spread your cap. But i can certainly see clubs paying 900k.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Very much agreed.
Gutherson has been in the top echelon of fullbacks for multiple years but he can play other positions.
I agree he is easily worth 700k. Not sure about 900k. It all depends on how you structure and spread your cap. But i can certainly see clubs paying 900k.
Of course You're entitled to your opinion but top echelon?

I would classify these blokes as the top echelon...

Turbo
Papa
Teddy
Mitchell
Hynes (to an extent)

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Turbo
Papa
Teddy
Mitchell
Hynes (to an extent)
It all depends on whether your top echelon has 5 or 6 players in it and if you rate Hynes ahead of Gutherson.

Its ok. We are allowed to have different opinions. Probably splitting hairs anyway.

My guess is if you dont think Gutherson makes top 5 echelon, you'd probably have him as top 1 or 2 of next echelon....right?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It all depends on whether your top echelon has 5 or 6 players in it and if you rate Hynes ahead of Gutherson.

Its ok. We are allowed to have different opinions. Probably splitting hairs anyway.

My guess is if you dont think Gutherson makes top 5 echelon, you'd probably have him as top 1 or 2 of next echelon....right?
Yeah I don't like him but he is definately in the group under the echelon.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Turbo
Papa
Teddy
Mitchell
Hynes (to an extent)
add in there ponga in front of him as a game winner, even walsh has more ceiling than the queen, he isnt there yet tho. Gutho is not better than someone like Brimson and he is not on the money the queen is, just imo. no doubt the cock head tries his heart out, but he is not a match breaker.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
add in there ponga in front of him as a game winner, even walsh has more ceiling than the queen, he isnt there yet tho. Gutho is not better than someone like Brimson and he is not on the money the queen is, just imo. no doubt the cock head tries his heart out, but he is not a match breaker.
I rate Ponga in attack, but wouldn't like him as my last line of defence if I was his coach.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gutho is too one dimensional in attack... Cut out pass to Sivo is his only real go to play. Win the forward battle and don't let him play on or over the advantage line and he's complete trash

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long live the queen with a man bun.........NOT :grinning: Why they wouldn't let him go and sure up vital players like Mahoney ( 9's don't grow on trees these days) is beyond me.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Except JReynolds was actually a good guy, Gutherson is a sleaze.

Always a Bulldog
Definitely. On field an absolute pest at times but off field Josh is a class act. Well at least whenever I run into him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Definitely. On field an absolute pest at times but off field Josh is a class act. Well at least whenever I run into him.
love gutho, he gave us mahoney, the fucking soft cock queen of fuck all

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness Gutherson re-signed early. It definitely gave us the edge in signing Mahoney. Parra did not want to lose their “inspirational captain” and probably offered a fair bit to retain him.