Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok, Eels have tabled a 3 year deal apparently in the $500k region and he wants 4 years and closer to $700k.

Surely we’re lookkng at him - we mightn’t be able to pay him until 2027 though...:yum:

Covers multiple positions, quality output, a leader and experienced.

That’s a yes from me.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, Eels have tabled a 3 year deal apparently in the $500k region and he wants 4 years and closer to $700k.

Surely we’re lookkng at him - we mightn’t be able to pay him until 2027 though...:yum:

That’s a yes from me.
He will get 700k somewhere, eels joking with the 500k

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra made him on field captain at a young age (granted they didn't have a heap of options). Their offer is pretty low, if these figures are correct, TBH.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He will get 700k somewhere, eels joking with the 500k
To be fair it was quoted from Crawley/Kent so take the numbers with a grain of salt...

They said they’ve got 10 players they’re trying to fit in their salary cap from next year onwards.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

That’s a yes from me.
Hang on, are we talking $500K per season or over 3 seasons? I assume the former?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And I just wanted to start another thread so I didn’t have to see anything about Reece Robson again...

Until the fucker signs with us.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
500k is a fair price. Considering he has done a couple of ACL's he should jump at that 500k

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
500k is a fair price. Considering he has done a couple of ACL's he should jump at that 500k
Kent said he felt the Eels leaked that a couple of times to the media (not that it’s a secret) as to why they’ve gone with the low ball offer, to put other clubs off the scent...

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kent said he felt the Eels leaked that a couple of times to the media (not that it’s a secret) as to why they’ve gone with the low ball offer, to put other clubs off the scent...
Another knee injury and he is finished.

Parras problem is paying overs to Moses 900k along with having Jennings, Paulo & Mannah on 700k each

Dont get me wrong, the bloke is a versatile player but at 700k thats for clubs scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

I dont think you would have the likes of Bellamy, Bennett & Robinson forking out 700k p.a for a Gutherson type player.

Gutherson might get lucky, and get snapped up by Des since he is a generous payer

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another knee injury and he is finished.

Parras problem is paying overs to Moses 900k along with having Jennings, Paulo & Mannah on 700k each

Dont get me wrong, the bloke is a versatile player but at 700k thats for clubs scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

I dont think you would have the likes of Bellamy, Bennett & Robinson forking out 700k p.a for a Gutherson type player.

Gutherson might get lucky, and get snapped up by Des since he is a generous payer
Hey! WE'RE a club scraping the bottom of the barrel! :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always rated Gutherson and can't believe Parra are lowballing one of their best players.

His injury history would scare me off us potentially chasing him but if they did make a run at him at the right price, I think he's a very good player when fit who can play fullback, wing, centre and five-eighth.

With Meaney looking solid at the back, Gutherson would be recruited to play in the halves if he was recruited at all..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Strong rumour is that he's either going to end up back at Manly, or Souths.

The Manly whispers were around before Inglis retired, but with $1.5 million to play with NOW, Souths could probably even pay out Eels for a mid season transfer.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gutherson is overrated imo. Parramatta are right to offer him what they initially did, if he leaves Parra should buy Caleb Aikens on the cheap and they will be able to spend the spare cash on quality centres

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did i read on here that Mbye is on around the $750 000 mark? if so anything is possible for mr Gutherson. I personally think he is a bit overrated.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong rumour is that he's either going to end up back at Manly, or Souths.

The Manly whispers were around before Inglis retired, but with $1.5 million to play with NOW, Souths could probably even pay out Eels for a mid season transfer.
He'd probably settle for 500k back at manly to be closer to home. Spending 3 hours per day in Sydney traffic to get to and from work is worth 200k on its own!