Ciraldo OUT

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, it’s the Kennel and another absolutely stupid thread. We are miles better under Ciraldo than we were under Barrett and with a shocking injury toll.
I think back to the AGM.
Gus made it very clear that he told Ciro if he wanted to win premierships in the short term to stay at Panther. That we still had ‘a trip down to the mines’ before we could mix it with the top teams. Ciro’s response was: ‘If it’s going to be a fight I want in now’. Gus signed him for 5 years not only because he thinks he can coach, but because it would be unfair to judge him at least on his first and possibly his second year. Both of them knew we weren’t going to perform miracles this year but no doubt the injuries have made it worse. As much as we all hate seeing the results as they are, the only real thing to believe is the reconstructed pathways eventually deliver sustained NRL success.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think back to the AGM.
Gus made it very clear that he told Ciro if he wanted to win premierships in the short term to stay at Panther. That we still had ‘a trip down to the mines’ before we could mix it with the top teams. Ciro’s response was: ‘If it’s going to be a fight I want in now’. Gus signed him for 5 years not only because he thinks he can coach, but because it would be unfair to judge him at least on his first and possibly his second year. Both of them knew we weren’t going to perform miracles this year but no doubt the injuries have made it worse. As much as we all hate seeing the results as they are, the only real thing to believe is the reconstructed pathways eventually deliver sustained NRL success.
110% Well said.
The whining children in the kennel should take note!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ciro is here for the long haul.

Gus could bail at any time to take on the NRL CEO etc job :grinning:

No point in speculating on CC's demise. He hasn't done well with selections or bench rotation decisions or some elementary positional changes but it is what it is. He's our coach for the far foreseeable future.

We whine and vent and atm our Bulldogs are more like puppies but we all know deep down we will rise again.

In the meantime things are dire but we have to tough it out till GM Football and coach get this right.

(Doesn't mean we won't all be putting in our 2 cents worth of praise, and criticism, when things go well or all to sheet).

Carry on ... :grinning::grinning: :grinning:

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think back to the AGM.
Great post. And for all the hurt, especially past 2 weeks, I truly think we're a better side than we were by this time last year. We would never have beaten the Storm or the cowwies how we have this year.

Long way to go

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Great post. And for all the hurt, especially past 2 weeks, I truly think we're a better side than we were by this time last year. We would never have beaten the Storm or the cowwies how we have this year.

Long way to go
One key difference I see is we tend to stay in the fight this year. A couple of years back we’d drop our heads and the floodgates would open. I know no-one wants to keep kicking the can down the road and the haters will bleat about ‘excuses’ but as Gus said yesterday: ‘I think 2024 will be a much better year’. Gus ain’t the type to make comments like that without good reason.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most of the players are playing to their ability levels. Sadly that's a bit to low.
The obvious problem is there no advantage gained, as the middles not doing a middles job.
We have no top notch props. Accept that. We have no option but to play back rowers as props.
That scenario is never going to work.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
110% Well said.
The whining children in the kennel should take note!
The children are exactly that “children”… they don’t want to recall all of those things said before a ball was kicked and expect miracles when we’re in an injury crisis compounded by a terrible schedule the last month and dubious refereeing at times.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro... Are you watching the same comp? We have been decimated with injury particularily in the forwards and yet we are 2 wins ahead of this time last year and averaging 17 points in attack compared to 10.72 in 22.

Our F/A is -95 in 23 compared to -139 the year before although we are conceding more points per game @ 25.6 compared to 23.36 in 22. No TPJ, Thompson or RFM for a big chunk of those games and Thompson still out for an extended time. Ciraldo has taken the oppitunity to see who is who in the zoo because we have played 29 guys already in FG..

I think there are a number of players like Flange and maybe Casey that already have a line thru them but his biggest problem is still forwards. With Xerri and Crichton coming and the players coming thru like Skelton and Wilson our back 5 will be covered and it appears like the plan is to work with KO and Burton in the halves. Our spine looks pretty good for 2024 we just have to sort the forward recruitment and get our D in order, which to me is the only real dissapointed so far under CC.

We have a long way to go but we are certainly headed forward, we just need some grunt for our D and field position and we will take off.
Burton to centre

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The children are exactly that “children”… they don’t want to recall all of those things said before a ball was kicked and expect miracles when we’re in an injury crisis compounded by a terrible schedule the last month and dubious refereeing at times.
And they want us to win by at least 50+ every single week.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And they want us to win by at least 50+ every single week.
We wouldn’t have won those clutch games against Cowboys and Dragons if Ciraldo doesn’t have these guys believing and demanding a standard…. But there’s also only so much one can do with significant injuries and a sh!t schedule…that’s just common sense and some fans lack it. We obviously want to win every game but reality is reality. We’re improved from last year in many ways - we’re on the up despite the usual negative sh!t after losses.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont agree with Burton at halfback ..
I watched Gould's synopsis on the footy show on Sunday and I think reading between the lines, Burton at half this season is to take pressure off Oloapu as he still finds his way into first grade. He's definitely not a half, Gus and the rest of the staff should know this, but I don't think Dogs have a choice. The end result of this will be Burton gets reps at half, hopefully helping him feel more comfortable in 'owning' this team, with Oloapu getting reps in first grade as he builds more confidence in his first grade experience.

There's no doubt about the fact our lack of forwards is impacting the rest of the team. We have zero go forward. There is so much pressure put on our back 3 to help with yardage it's no wonder they are too physically spent to do anything with the ball. Hayze and Kiraz clocking almost 30 hit ups a game. Wilson on debut 20 hit ups.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rumour has it Nasheed and Lovemachine are the same person
Absolutely..have you seen any posts from the former lately..no.
Then the other fucken alias turns up and posts in the exact same style I.e full of bullshit and ignorance.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think back to the AGM.
Well said bro!! He's still simp for not dropping the reserve grade fullback :laughing: