Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I trust the coaches call on this Dink and surely there’s reasons behind it.
Last year is well and truly behind us but as a supporter I’m expecting big things from Burto this season.
He is playing in such an important position that a lot hangs on his shoulders.
critter is a winner, we want winners to lead us. he knows how to win, he knows how they must train to win.
He is a leader, simply put and it seems all the players will follow him

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should of been King tbh but glad Burton has been stripped of captaincy. Never will be a leader with his attitude and mindset to footy imo. I wish Crichton well, he has shown he has that dog in him multiple times. Let’s see if he has it even more
TBF mate, Kingy was a revelation last year that we all enjoyed watching, but also out of nowhere.But Critta has been up for a few years now as a world class player, so he probably has him covered for cred.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His service was sloppy and decision making was poor. He is doing too much from dh right now, needs to take a step back and focus on the basics again.
His defense was top shelf but movement was to side ways out of dummy half.

Needs to : Straighten out of dummy half, have a runner before jumping out of the ruck instead of looking for one, or just run the fcukin ball in behind the markers when they're lazy.

He gets these sorted in regards to his attack he'll push for SOO.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
critter is a winner, we want winners to lead us. he knows how to win, he knows how they must train to win.
No doubt he has already taken the reins of Belmore.. He is basically like a coach at training so i can see how its a no brainer BUT i worry its going to burden the kid if we start losing.

Fcuk i know its early but dead set, tomorrow night is massive in regards to our season.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No doubt he has already taken the reins of Belmore.. He is basically like a coach at training so i can see how its a no brainer BUT i worry its going to burden the kid if we start losing.

Fcuk i know its early but dead set, tomorrow night is massive in regards to our season.
its a trial mate, means nothing really, if our structures look good in D then im happy. Attack can always improve, who knows if we even showed our hand last week but if we cant improve our D on last year then yes it will be a long season. Sharks a top4 team or thereabouts, should be a good hit out. Dont forget they are settled, same team as last year, we will have the most improvement in us

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are lacking leaders in the club. One thing I noted about Critta last week at the trial, was he seemed to have an aura and presence about him. I really think he can lead the boys well.
He looked like he has bought in and was pumped when we did something good. I’m excited for what he can bring as a player, but now he’s been named captain there’s another aspect that will be interesting to see play out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with how well Ciro knows Critta but Critta said himself ‘I learnt from the older boys’. He’s a quality footballer and also seems like an excellent human but he’s 23. I would’ve preferred he concentrate on his game given he’s moved from the best team in the comp to an emerging one. Hopefully he has the capacity to lead and play well - I’m sure this has been thought through long and hard and definitely Burto needed to be relieved of that role so hopefully there’s also benefits for his game in this call from Ciro.
Yeah mate I understand people being hesitant but there is 2 guys that stand out as real leaders to me 1 is Preston and the other is Critta. Both very young but we aren’t flush with options.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its a trial mate, means nothing really, if our structures look good in D then im happy. Attack can always improve, who knows if we even showed our hand last week but if we cant improve our D on last year then yes it will be a long season. Sharks a top4 team or thereabouts, should be a good hit out. Dont forget they are settled, same team as last year, we will have the most improvement in us
Your right but dont forget the slapping we got that day and how our seasoned panned out.

Hopefully we can atleast keep it close, would do wonders for confidence.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your right but dont forget the slapping we got that day and how our seasoned panned out.

Hopefully we can atleast keep it close, would do wonders for confidence.
yeh agree, especially for a team like ours that doesnt know how to win alot. Always good to win mate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah mate I understand people being hesitant but there is 2 guys that stand out as real leaders to me 1 is Preston and the other is Critta. Both very young but we aren’t flush with options.
That’s true re: options and I also agree Presto is a future skipper. I probably would’ve left Reed as skipper in the hope the pack gave him some better support vs last year but here we are - so hopefully this is a stroke of genius from Ciro - Reed and Burto’s games improve without the leadership pressure and cool as a cucumber Critta carves up no matter what. Easy! :-).

mandingo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not a good decision when he hasn't laced a boot and played a minute in Bulldogs colours. Secondly he doesn't need this pressure cause if everything turns to shit , Crichton will cop it all.

Not sure if their is another ideal captain candidate cause Burton definitely isn't and Mahoney needs to be off the pressure cause he was very poor last year and need to get back to being dominate 9.
He can't be any worse than the other 2

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% in for Critta as captain

We have a huge leadership void with no player being at the club more than a couple of years

CC has known Critta since he was a teenager, he has seen him develop closely every season (except last season) and if he thinks he is the man for the job, I'm for it

Critta has unbelievable playing credentials behind him already at a young age and I think he will take the captaincy in his stride

We are a new young team on the rise and have one of the best young players in the game leading us.

I'm excited

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why people have reservations about critta being our skipper he might be only 23 but he is easily the most experienced/ qualified player in our squad and has already achieved more In rugby league than the most other players will in their entire careers. King and Preston are leaders of the future for sure but they are way too green to be handed the job, and as much as I love Jac he didn’t play well enough in a struggling side to warrant the job. A good captain sets the standards for the coach and makes sure those standards are met by the playing group, Critta was the only choice IMO.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why people have reservations about critta being our skipper he might be only 23 but he is easily the most experienced/ qualified player in our squad and has already achieved more In rugby league than the most other players will in their entire careers. King and Preston are leaders of the future for sure but they are way too green to be handed the job, and as much as I love Jac he didn’t play well enough in a struggling side to warrant the job. A good captain sets the standards for the coach and makes sure those standards are met by the playing group, Critta was the only choice IMO.
They're just cut Burton took an L.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100%
Speaks volumes for current Panther organisation that Crichton is now our captain and Luai will likely captain Tigers in 25'. Couple more players in their squad that could easily captain other clubs should they ever leave.