News CENTRES OF ATTENTION

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think he would be an ideal 13 - lots of ouside backs have transitioned to the the back row or 13 and became better players - Wade Graham, Luke Lewis, Connely Lemulemu, Isiah Yeo
It's more likely that once KO gets his size that is the role he will play.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's more likely that once KO gets his size that is the role he will play.
GC are now using Schoupp in back row in reggies - scored two tries on the weekend

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Please.
Averillo had speed to burn and was stepping people for long range tries even then.
Last night Averillo and Alamoti had a 100m race.
Averillo won easily and Alamoti is still running.
A few weeks Alamoti was playing head and shoulders above Averillo. Averillo has one dominant game for the year against a struggling Dragons outfit and suddenly he’s a gun and must keep at all costs. He’s another Ben Roberts as in one good game every 15. I don’t understand all the love for Avo as he has too many deficiencies in his game. He gets overshadowed by his opposite almost every week.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like the balance of having fast wingers and big and strong centres. I think Averillo and Kiraz is developing a nice combination, with kiraz able to take the hard carries and pop an offload or surprise pass to averillo who has the pace to go all the way. A lot of teams are trying to copy the panthers and turn the back 5 into forwards so there are a lot of big, slow CTWs out there that Avo can burn. Similarly on the left I like that combo when Jac is back. For now if JAC is back I like alamotti, however when Burns is fit that will be a hard selection, I would lean towards Burns on recent form, however how much footy has Burns got left.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few weeks Alamoti was playing head and shoulders above Averillo. Averillo has one dominant game for the year against a struggling Dragons outfit and suddenly he’s a gun and must keep at all costs. He’s another Ben Roberts as in one good game every 15. I don’t understand all the love for Avo as he has too many deficiencies in his game. He gets overshadowed by his opposite almost every week.
Slowamoti broke two tackles against the Tigers on a 40 degree day and passed to Ado Carr. Useless otherwise

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he would be an ideal 13 - lots of ouside backs have transitioned to the the back row or 13 and became better players - Wade Graham, Luke Lewis, Connely Lemulemu, Isiah Yeo
Less than 20 players have done it successfully in the past 2 decades and thekennel just thinks every fat slow winger or centre is going to make it there

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't hurt if Avo stringed together a few similar games together first though before we froth up.......
The problem with Avo is,he has the ability to have 8/10 games, but the majority of his games are 4 or 5/10

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Less than 20 players have done it successfully in the past 2 decades and thekennel just thinks every fat slow winger or centre is going to make it there
From memory over the last 7 or 8 years If you include SGball - now under 19s previously u18s a lot of players have transitioned from the backs to the forwards and are much better players as forwards - Kurt Capewell, Luke Lewis, Jack Bird, Ryan Matterson, Luke Lewis, Keaon Koloamatangi, Chee Kam, Ben Trobejivic, Dale Finucane, Bronson Garlick Kurtis Morrin, Kurt Mann, Jaemon Salmon, Yeo, Lemulemu - may not all be superstars but are better forwards than they were as backs.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that you Bronson? :P

I'm not saying he won't be fit, not saying he won't get back to peak performance etc but he doesn't have the conditioning of someone whose been playing professional footy for a very long time.

Whose to say his timing will be the same, or his instincts, defencive skills, resilience and ability to handle the collisions week in week out etc

There's more to being a first grader than losing bulk and running fast.

And I'm not saying that he can't get there, or that he won't, or that I don't want him to! I hope he has a chance to regain and surpass his previous best. But is he guaranteed to do that round 1 next year? I'm not sure
He's got a full pre season training with us, in fact 6 weeks more pre season than most. I'll be very surprised, stunned more like it, if he's not ready to go for the first preseason game.

Always a Bulldog

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once JAC returns, everyone will return to loving Alamoti again.
If the only reason people live this piece of shit is because he passes the ball early to JAC then we are much better off cutting him at seasons end and bring in a defensive centre, with the mandate he passes early in attack.
So we get the same deal minus defensive issues.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the only reason people live this piece of shit is because he passes the ball early to JAC then we are much better off cutting him at seasons end and bring in a defensive centre, with the mandate he passes early in attack.
So we get the same deal minus defensive issues.
You know what kid, having a debate about whether Paul Alamoti is up to first grade yet is one thing … calling him a piece of shit is another !

He’s 19, he’s trained for years and has played to the best of his ability and bled blue & white to try and earn his place as a Bulldog and get himself into the current 1st grade team.

You have a right to your opinion but try to do it with a little respect where respects due !!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaali goes and I can see him going to the roosters

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what kid, having a debate about whether Paul Alamoti is up to first grade yet is one thing … calling him a piece of shit is another !

He’s 19, he’s trained for years and has played to the best of his ability and bled blue & white to try and earn his place as a Bulldog and get himself into the current 1st grade team.

You have a right to your opinion but try to do it with a little respect where respects due !!
Well he is the same age as me but I am not embarrassing myself but fair enough agree to disagree I am sorry I upset u