CC presser vs titans.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I’m lost there. I was at the game. The game was a fucking shit quality game by two poor players. Jac was the only bloke I was thinking had a red hot crack from live. Wilson had a dig and so did alomiti but both fucked up.

Several shockers on both teams.

I understand some big players for us out in Preston, Kiraz and big money in Pangai and the other cat rfm. Though deadset if he’s happy with that effort I’m lost.

Watching live deadset I was so excited for Thompson but he was fucking putrid. He can fuck off to england.

Knight had a go, king had a go and kikau defensively off the ball and chases in particular does shit we don’t see on tv as clearly but yeh just amazed that effort is acceptable…

It was against another terrible team. That said if the ref wasn’t there for being the daughter of some fucking women movement where she is entitled to get a go then the game might of ended differently. She was fucking hopeless.

Heard it was her first go in first grade… she couldn’t keep up with a field full of reserve graders and a handful of first graders… keep her the fuck away from first grade.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh wow!

some of the highlights for me from this presser are:

"very happy with the effort"
"best defensive effort I have seen in a long time interms of in tackling, energy and effort"
"I was stoked with the effort after the week we had"

*indiadog cocks the gun, puts in his mouth and pulls the trigger*
Lol.
Who's mouth?
CC's?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CC mentions being really happy with Wilson and Morrin and with some of the ’other’ players blooded this year. Honest question .. which players blooded this year (apart from Preston) showed potential to be very good first graders ? I just don’t see the upside in those guys … what am I missing ?
ethan quai ward, Jayden tanner, Hazey P, Alomoti , Sam Hughes …. These guys are bog average ?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know haven't watched it. Seasons ended for me a couple of hours ago.
Plus I know it will be something about effort, execution and Avo's knee.
Spot on. lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched game closely and was also impressed with the defensive efforts today as a whole. I commented in game thread also. The points were more a simple mistake or bad read from an individual player, usually after a very good set in D. After last month it was a whole lot better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably felt good because it wasn't 40 plus which we conceded on average over the last 10 games.
This game all set to be a defining game after this horrible week of how the players would respond to the criticism and the spotlight they have been under of CC saying they haven't put in enough work.

It wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of playing for their coach or saying stuff you to the doubters.

Very lacklustre effort and if they had put even a small amount of extra effort and execution they could have easily won that game but didnt care to give it that extra attention to detail.

Ciro probably couldn't say exactly that bc it would have reflected badly on him.

With Burton, Kiks, Mahoney playing so badly as our key leaders and unenthusiasticly, its just so hard to see where this will all end. There doesn't seem to be any enjoyment or pride in their work.

How Gus and CC can get it back on track is anyone's guess from such a low point. The players as evidenced today don't seem to be able to lift.

Sincerely hope this upcoming review can help with some answers.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope Ciraldo does well next season but I also think he's almost lucky the story broke this week as players, coaches, even some of the media came out and supported him.

Whereas if this didn't come out, they'd be questioning his performance more after a disappointing last few months of the season.

Either way, hopefully he turns it around next year but the last thing you want to hear him say is praising effort and he's proud of the defence when we gave up 30 plus again to a team nowhere near the finals.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I get it re: all the posts but what’s he going to say?

‘Yeah Knockonbur lived up to his name today. He’s bog average and I’m going to drive him to the plane station to make sure he leaves for Hull’

‘Flanagan Pffft. My predecessor signed him, he was ordinary for 2+ years until I punted him from first grade and I’m not sure even his dad wants him at St. Merge’.

‘Kiks appears scared of hurting his pec again, that’s why he won’t tackle to his right and we’re letting so many soft tries through the middle’.

C’mon TK, tell us what you’d REALLY say.
This’ll be good…

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe kennelers can vote for 4-5 people and put forward a case to John khoury to coach the dogs .
What ever the training is ain’t working.
Just go out and throw the ball around boys would do more wonders.
Training has them sapped of creativity.

Last edited:

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hard reality is he's got no option but to hit the ground running next season.

If he doesn't the board will step in to protect themselves from getting the boot at the next election.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This game all set to be a defining game after this horrible week of how the players would respond to the criticism and the spotlight they have been under of CC saying their haven't put in enough work.

It wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement of playing for their coach or saying stuff you to the doubters.

Very lacklustre effort and if they had put even a small amount of extra effort and execution they could have easily won that game but didnt care to give it that extra attention to detail.

Ciro probably couldn't say exactly that bc it would have refoected badly on him.

With Burton, Kiks, Mahoney playing so badly as our key leaders and unenthusiasticly, its just so hard to see where this will all end. There doesn't seem to be any enjoyment or pride in their work.

How Gus and CC can get it back on track is anyone's guess from such a low point. The players as evidenced today don't seem to be able to lift.

Sincerely hope this upcoming review can help with some answers.
Agree with all you have said. Yes we could have won the game, hell should have won , but I really wonder just how much all the shit messed with their heads. We played a side not that much better than us but they scored more points.
Main things today was the poor decision from the bunker regarding the Titans player kicking the ball, Burtons poor finish to NOT score, poor defensive reads to allow Foran to score three, ridiculous kicks on third tackle.
They are professional sportsmen and as such should be able to rise above it all, but wow the scrutiny and innuendo thrown their way would have eaten away at them. I know that all the stuff said over the week has made me feel sick to the stomach and it was not even directed at me. Don't know how I would feel being accused of white anting or bullying.

The year was gone well and truly months ago and a bit of pride would have been nice but was not to be. A massive reset is in order to get us competitive next year and the incoming players will help. Our current elder statesmen at 30 RFM;28 JAC Knight Kikau; 26 Waddell; 25 Mahoney;23 Burton.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When Ciro says he was happy with the effort and some of the defence today he obviously isn't talking about the 3 one on one missed tackles on the line that led to tries. He was talking about the line speed and cover tackles and the contact throughout the game which was noticeably better today. Players were working harder off the ball for each other. Yes they made errors but that wasn't through a lack of effort , Each time the Titans scored they could of just given up and put their heads down but instead they kept fighting back. They stayed in the fight. That's what Ciro was happy about , He knows effort and the attitude to fight set for set with other teams is what's required at a minimum. Of course he's not happy with the result tonight , Of course he's not happy with the drop balls and missed tackles and dumb penalties. He knows what winning looks like and he knows what type of players he needs to win and the team he has today is not the team he wants in the future. He needs time to build his squad and I trust he will get us back to the top of the ladder soon. Ciro is determined to succeed and I trust that he will

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm just relieved the season is over. Fucking great feeling not having to worry about watching us play for a while. Sad that it's come to this, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This game was really odd.
I thought the defense was very very good when the Titans were trying to carry it from there own end.
We had good line speed, contact was good and we managed to drive them back a few times. He is right, there was no easy metres coming from there own end.
However, our defense in our 20 was atrocious.
The reads and efforts were horrendous.
Pretty weird what was going on.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree with all you have said. Yes we could have won the game, hell should have won , but I really wonder just how much all the shit messed with their heads. We played a side not that much better than us but they scored more points.
Main things today was the poor decision from the bunker regarding the Titans player kicking the ball, Burtons poor finish to NOT score, poor defensive reads to allow Foran to score three, ridiculous kicks on third tackle.
They are professional sportsmen and as such should be able to rise above it all, but wow the scrutiny and innuendo thrown their way would have eaten away at them. I know that all the stuff said over the week has made me feel sick to the stomach and it was not even directed at me. Don't know how I would feel being accused of white anting or bullying.

The year was gone well and truly months ago and a bit of pride would have been nice but was not to be. A massive reset is in order to get us competitive next year and the incoming players will help. Our current elder statesmen at 30 RFM;28 JAC Knight Kikau; 26 Waddell; 25 Mahoney;23 Burton.
Rock and a hard place alright DL.