Caught speeding 110 km in a 100km zone

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pay it. You'd have to be VERY lucky to be done by an uncalibrated speed gun. You were doing 110 if it said you were doing 110. Did you ask to see the proof seeing you were so adamant you weren't doing 110? That'd be the first thing I'd say. You haven't mentioned it in this thread so I'm sure you would have if you did

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You may have been doing 110km/h.
Driving on a bend slows the car significantly due to the increased friction with the road. In the time he signaled you, you looked at him in your mirror, lifted your foot, and looked at the speedo you could’ve easily shed 7-8km/h.

nope, the revenue generator was coming from the opposite side on his motor bike.

It takes a fraction of a second to move my eyes from the front of the car to the speedo. the reason I did that because I was surprised at first why he turn his discos on? first thought came to my mind I am definitely not going over the limit also I was certain of that as I am always lifting the foot of the pedal on a curve specially driving on a highway as I am in general a very safe driver and on bends I 100% slow down on bends.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 7 years is long enough that's the magic number for most official records to be wiped clean.

Bad credit is 5 years, health records are 7 years, driving records probably in that vicinity.. Sorry not sure
I don't think 7 years is a good enough.

they usually let go drivers with clean sheet for more than 10 years at least.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just pay it. You'd have to be VERY lucky to be done by an uncalibrated speed gun. You were doing 110 if it said you were doing 110. Did you ask to see the proof seeing you were so adamant you weren't doing 110? That'd be the first thing I'd say. You haven't mentioned it in this thread so I'm sure you would have if you did
yes I did as I was genuinely surprised that I was doing 110km/hr

HAd he said I was doing 105 km/ hr, I wouldn't have even argued cos I was just a beedick over 100 when I looked at the speedo.

He said , I did 109 and then the gun recorded 110 and there he turned the flashes on.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yes I did as I was genuinely surprised that I was doing 110km/hr

HAd he said I was doing 105 km/ hr, I wouldn't have even argued cos I was just a beedick over 100 when I looked at the speedo.

He said , I did 109 and then the gun recorded 110 and there he turned the flashes on.
You know what. I believe you weren't speeding but that you're still lying.

Indians usually go 30 to 40km/h under the speed limit

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what. I believe you weren't speeding but that you're still lying.

Indians usually go 30 to 40km/h under the speed limit

so in a school zone , Indians just park their cars on the middle of the road?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah my mum is stupid like that.
If I tell her to do something logical she will tell me I’m stupid.
If you come in 5 minutes later her and tell her to do the same thing I just said, even if she doesn’t know you?
She will take your advice and run with it!

I think maybe it’s time to put my mother in a home? Lol
Bloody kids have all the answers lol... and don't put your mum in a home you'll lose all your inheritance

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nope, the revenue generator was coming from the opposite side on his motor bike.

It takes a fraction of a second to move my eyes from the front of the car to the speedo. the reason I did that because I was surprised at first why he turn his discos on? first thought came to my mind I am definitely not going over the limit also I was certain of that as I am always lifting the foot of the pedal on a curve specially driving on a highway as I am in general a very safe driver and on bends I 100% slow down on bends.
Get your Speedo checked.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Used to be really bad when I had high testosterone 15 years ago. Now this is my first fine since 2011.

Last time the pig got me for driving through the boom gates when the lights were still flashing , even though the boom gates were almost at 75 degree up and the train was long gone.

That was $300!
Dang

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get your Speedo checked.
it is a 2 year old VW Passat.

All my previous cars used to show slightly higher speed on speedo than the actual.

this seems to be the opposite.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So , I was driving back from Warwick this afternoon and drove over a bend in a 100 kms zone when a low life- nothing better to do cop who was coming from the other side on his MOTOR BIKE put the disco lights on and signalled me to pull over. I immediately glanced at my speedo (without putting my foot on the brakes) and it was hovering around just above 100 kms/hr but not even close to 110 km/hr mark.

I pulled over, the **** cop asked me what was the speed limit in the area and I replied it is 100km/hr. He asked me what speed was I doing and I replied "probably 100 km/hr" , he asked me to go up a bit and I said may be 102 km/hr and he responded it was 110 km/ hr as detected by his mobile speed camera.

I argued back that I was definitely not doing 110km/ hr. To which the Qld government revenue maker said that his speed gun is showing that I was doing 110 km/hr. After debating around the laws of physics from the accuracy of speed gun to the car travelling on a bend and me being adamant that I was no where near 110 km/ hr , he asked me to challenge his fine in the court and the basturd gave me a $174 fine.

I just want to know if any one else has been caught speeding by the dick heads on their moving vehicles or motor bikes and been penalised for driving 10 kms over the speed limit in a 100 zone and that too on the bend on the road. Has any one challenged it and been successful?

Don't they need to have to have the evidence / recording of like 3 seconds of continuous driving above the speed limit? this **** caught me on a bend on the road while he too was travelling in the opposite direction.

Should I challenge this fine? if so on what grounds?

any advice would be appreciated.
Have you been fined for speeding before?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some cops make shit up off the tops of their heads, its a high stress job and some don't cope.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last speeding ticket I received was 7 years ago driving at 61 km/hr in a 50 zone.
Well ID I know you can get off your first one.. I would send a letter telling this is the first in seven years...It’s your best bet my man..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it is a 2 year old VW Passat.

All my previous cars used to show slightly higher speed on speedo than the actual.

this seems to be the opposite.
It’s illegal to indicate lower than actual. If it is you can be defected.
One of the cops I play tag with, has done it.
He stopped a guy and the guy claimed that his Speedo was reading slow and that’s why he was speeding, so my mate issued him a defect notice with his speeding ticket.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s illegal to indicate lower than actual. If it is you can be defected.
One of the cops I play tag with, has done it.
He stopped a guy and the guy claimed that his Speedo was reading slow and that’s why he was speeding, so my mate issued him a defect notice with his speeding ticket.
I used to match my speedo with the speed showing in GPS ( I know the GPS speed is delayed response) and I always found that when I am sitting dead on 100 as per my car speedo will be shown as 97 or 98 on the GPS.

this car has an inbuilt GPS and the speed of the car is not shown so I can not counter check with the GPS, but going by what happened yesterday I can guarantee I was not touching 110 when he got me , infact I was about to speed up after slowing down on the bend and yet my speedo showed a tick over 100.

anyway I know it will be waste of time as it is that time of the year where government makes most money out of motorists