News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah. I’ve had one handle my entire TK existence. No need to change. A different situation to a player no longer at the club. You need to move on.

Regardless, the bottom line is you bleaters all sing the same crisis tune with little substance but much righteousness and accuse others of being complicit because of what you think you know. But you know SFA. As I do - because the club doesn’t leak - so we take their word - which has remained consistent.

Then you say junior systems have ‘always been strong’ yet there’s not many titles to show for it - except for THIS YEAR when there were TWO. And that speaks to how other jigsaw pieces are coming together, including NRLW. Of course you’ll laugh that off and make some lame comment about ‘Gus playing 4D chess’ but it’s really not that complicated and nor does anyone need to smooch Gus’ pasty white cheeks to get a more than reasonable idea for what’s happening.

And it’s going to take some time for those realities to filter through to our NRL team - as the club have always been very clear about. But hey, don’t let those realities get in the way of your specialty: a good bleat.

My advice: head down to Belmore and watch the young fellas train. Talk to them, they’re usually happy for a chat afterwards. Get their views about how things are coming together. Wait let me guess your excuse for not doing this: of course they're not going to say bad things about their employer? If that doesn’t work for you find another way that does - who knows maybe even that righteousness can be ratcheted :-)

PS: Forgive my RSI, it’s rubbed off…
Well said. I’d also urge everyone to play this song in the background whenever reading posts from the clown crew. Makes reading them a little more enjoyable…

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s strange as I’m sure I’ve heard Gus in an interview saying how important forwards are and when you think you have enough buy 2 more… do we see salmon and Mann purely playing forwards…. Or are they expecting massive improvement from Hughes and Patalo. Anyone know what Kautoga and Montgomery are like ? Maybe they realise what they have coming through ?
He said in an interview he sees Salmon as a perfect Wade Graham comparison.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So talk of Burton to Fullback, Critchon to Fullback, Kiraz to Fullback. I mean its nice to see how players perform in the offseason. But what sort of development will you actually get with players learning set plays and defensive patterns in multiple positions. If we needed a fullback we should have gone after a fullback, or if we needed a centre or half or 5/8 recruit that position. Buying all these players and see how they perform over the offseason and who demands selection is a worry. Happened with Perham last year and that was a epic failure. And Averillo ended the season at fullback.

Not sure if this guy is any good, and at best is a back up fullback or outside back so in the same boat as Taafee.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flange Jnr…? You really have gone from being a quirky supporter of Bulldog rejects ( but still a supporter) to a bitter and always negative detractor.

Dude, if you hate the joint so much, why don’t you just leave?
I don't hate the joint. I hate seeing it reduced to what it has become. My question is when are you guys going to wake up to the damage being done and see that unquestioning support for the club is not what is best right now?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't hate the joint. I hate seeing it reduced to what it has become. My question is when are you guys going to wake up to the damage being done and see that unquestioning support for the club is not what is best right now?
They love to rip on Hasler for what he did to the club but the they are witnessing the same incompetence (except Des actually had us winning) and they sit by idle hands.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well said. I’d also urge everyone to play this song in the background whenever reading posts from the clown crew. Makes reading them a little more enjoyable…

Good suggestion. I’ll crank it when flappy gums @FlopAgain inevitably #FlogsAgain :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, dude who gives me grief about the length of my replied just wrote War & Peace lololol... and the club doesn't leak? Come on, fam!

Look, Junior success is great... but it's not going to translate to first grade success, because these kids will soon figure out the club is run by clueless plonkers who want to fill their top 30 with centres and utilities and will sign on to play for a smarter club.

Gus is not completely incompetent, but he has strengths and also many flaws, and it's his way or the highway, which is why he got punted from Penrith. We have repeated the same mistake we made with Hasler in giving him way too much power and it's going to bite us on the butt, big time.
Surely you can't sit here and tell me with a straight face you don't think our recruitment for first grade has been a complete and utter joke. Then there's the issue of our treatment of Topine and RFM, which is going to make us look very bad when the details emerge.

Gus and Ciraldo are bad eggs who need to be weeded out, fam. Bullfrog already weeded Gus out once. Time to give him another spray.
Yeah nah:

- We know the real reason Gus left Penrith.
- NRL recruitment explained a million times.
- You know SFA about RFM/Topine, as you knew SFA about Flange under Baz but you parroted that too.
- If we’re weeding, can you cop a dose of Roundup? Wait: you’re anti chemicals too - organic only, right?

Get used to it - the only ones leaving are the flops you’ve backed - Herb and Flange and I guess we’ll see who’s next, it’s inevitable :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler only have power on the NRL roster. Gould has power over anything and everything.

Correct on everything.
Because Hasler wasn’t interested in juniors and went for short term NRL success which started the whole rot. Had we won titles in 2012/2014 he may have been forgiven like he was at Crookvale winning 2008/2011 - but that didn’t happen so we got twice screwed.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, there is plenty about the club that I haven’t been happy with for many years now. But, we really are at a line in the sand moment because of results, bad management (Anderson’s, Dibs, Rayray, Greenturd and many inept board members from all factions.)

But I will tell you this, it’s time to stand by the joint as one or simply fuck off. The luxury of time has long gone and our support is not only crucial but non negotiable if we want to come out the other side. It’s not your fault or any other supporters fault that we are suffering for so long but now more than ever the club needs our strength of support.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Try asking a more accurate question for a start.
No-one supports ‘unconditionally’ - especially when no credible alternatives have been put forward. #NONE

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Try asking a more accurate question for a start.
No-one supports ‘unconditionally’ - especially when no credible alternatives have been put forward. #NONE
So because fans can't (and shouldn't be expected to) identify the best candidate for a job, they shouldn't criticise the club for making exactly the same mistake we made with Hasler only amped up a notch....off the back of our worst defensive season in recent memory, scandals and serious allegations of mistreatment of playing talent and the most comically disastrous "recruitment drive" of any club in recent memory.

Ridiculous argument.

Trust the process, guys. We are building a champion team one utility and centre at a time lol.

How blind are you guys? geez.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate, there is plenty about the club that I haven’t been happy with for many years now. But, we really are at a line in the sand moment because of results, bad management (Anderson’s, Dibs, Rayray, Greenturd and many inept board members from all factions.)

But I will tell you this, it’s time to stand by the joint as one or simply fuck off. The luxury of time has long gone and our support is not only crucial but non negotiable if we want to come out the other side. It’s not your fault or any other supporters fault that we are suffering for so long but now more than ever the club needs our strength of support.
I disagree. The club needs us to demonstrate it must do better, or we will walk away... otherwise we are just enabling patterns of mediocrity... and mate, if the mail I have heard about what the club did to Topine and RFM is true, I can't and won't stand by that.