News Canterbury chairman insists Bulldogs won’t take shortcuts back to the top

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok this is me just thinking out loud.... so the dragons are 1-4 and are travelling well. Does anyone question why they are going so well and we are putrid? Like our rosters are not so diff with a lot of inexperience... yes our halves ain’t as experienced and they have a couple of decent front rowers but my question is how can they compete and even beat a parra side so convincingly? Anyone question how things are being done at our club? Again just wondering how we are travelling so bad and yet dragons who where favourites to win the spoon are looking so good
I’d say the Dragons have a much better spine... Led by Dufty

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“The key now is club stability and unity because if we panic and look for short-term fixes, that will set us back. And that’s what has happened in the past.”

“Separate to that, if you look at our SG Ball, there are probably seven players that are going to get picked for Australia or NSW. Five of those kids have already been earmarked as future first graders. Trent is totally checked into the long-term plan for the club.”
Nice

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok this is me just thinking out loud.... so the dragons are 1-4 and are travelling well. Does anyone question why they are going so well and we are putrid? Like our rosters are not so diff with a lot of inexperience... yes our halves ain’t as experienced and they have a couple of decent front rowers but my question is how can they compete and even beat a parra side so convincingly? Anyone question how things are being done at our club? Again just wondering how we are travelling so bad and yet dragons who where favourites to win the spoon are looking so good
Ok, I’ll say it.

They have a better coach.

So blasphemous of me

And we could have had him too...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s been a long wait for many years, may as well have a good plan, happy to wait if the outcome is all about us going to the top again.. that’s all we want, and have wanted for many years, the wait has been LONG.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really am sick of all this high level BS. I think we have now got to the stage that the Management of the Club either say something substantive or say nothing at all. All we have been hearing as fans for the last few years is high level strategic speak with dismal results in the real world! Nothing so far this year suggests anything has changed. (hope I am wrong and results come out way but ...).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think this is short term pain for long term gain in terms of Khoury and Tbaz’s association at the club. I know it’s been a long time when you add in all the previous admins but I still believe the current one is on the right track.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Problem is we have had a 5 year plan for 5 years and are still on year 1 of the 5 year plan.

Sounds awfully similar to the two premierships by Yada Yada from Greenturd

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Try sell another jersey now Khoury! There will be a charged posted against the Non Working Inventory line on the P and L.