Canterbury appoint Bulldogs premiership winner Andrew Farrar as football manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant wait until next year tbh. Whether it turns out or not the new appointments have got me amped.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know what... the more this reform happens the more you have to question.. Is Dib fixing up the problems of others, or his own mistakes?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys. This is Dib DNA overkill. The football manager is merely in charge of logistics. Making sure players know when training is, arranging travel, accommodation, team lists to media etc etc. They don't recruit. They don't coach.That's why some of you have never heard of Thompson. It's a nerd role.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys. This is Dib DNA overkill. The football manager is merely in charge of logistics. Making sure players know when training is, arranging travel, accommodation, team lists to media etc etc. They don't recruit. They don't coach.That's why some of you have never heard of Thompson. It's a nerd role.
They also make sure all the jerseys are clean :p

But in all honesty I never rated Thompson. Would have been good to have someone like Kevin Moore back in the fold as the manager because he was a smart operator and I'm my opinion made ever call correctly in terms of recruitment and retention (look where idris is now).

Maybe Farrah is saving himself from potential non re-election.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what... the more this reform happens the more you have to question.. Is Dib fixing up the problems of others, or his own mistakes?
Perhaps both. Everyone has been blaming him for the debacle we are in, even though no one knows exactly who made which decisions. but for me, even if he had something to do with our current situation, and even if he is only trying to save his job now, i think he has made some really good appointments of late. Im not giving the guy a glowing review, but at least he is trying to recrify what many have claimed are his mistakes by appointing pay, giving farra the football manager job and trying to bring back our lost culture. Well done i say.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still, id rather one of our own then an ex swim coach. Lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we dont go well next year 'being NON-Bulldogs' cant be used as an excuse

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing is he's making the changes quick and affective. rarely clubs can make good changes like that in a short period of time and bring the club on the right path unless they have a strong board. Dib ain't perfect but he gets the job done. Expect more positive changes.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just need Billy Johnstone now to complete the rebuild. I can feel the stars aligning in 2018 and beyond.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually, Thompson was employed as a high performance manager, designed to bring in cutting edge performance enhancing systems to footy on the back of his role doing something similar in swimming. Can't say he was successful though.....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great appointment
I don't give a fk if Dib saving his ass these are great additions just need one more big player signature
With what money?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about 2002? I remember being so confident & cocky during our streak and the we got busted haha
I still hurt from that. Especially as the other clubs in the eight would have all been doing the same; they just didn't have a whistle blower in their ranks.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Popular choice, the former Steelers coach knows how it works and will work well with Pay, things are slotting in well at Belmore.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bit of both probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.