Canterbury appoint Bulldogs premiership winner Andrew Farrar as football manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feels like they are going overboard now, every appointment is accompanied by "BULLDOGS DNA", "FORMER BULLDOG", "CULTURE" haha.
I agree to and extent but it’s not like Farrar doesn’t have pretty good experience and knowledge to do the job. Fat boy Thompson came from swimming and hasn’t done a thing since he arrived.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree to and extent but it’s not like Farrar doesn’t have pretty good experience and knowledge to do the job. Fat boy Thompson came from swimming and hasn’t done a thing since he arrived.
It's not a slight on Farrar, more of just an observation. Fans started to complain about our lack of "culture" etc, and now we have all these ex Bulldogs being appointed in key positions.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I'm reading is Ray Dib trying to save his arse at AGM by appointing former "BULLDOGS" in positions at the club.

What next .. Terry Lamb as S&C Coach?
Definitely trying to save his arse. Next announcement will be Steve Mortimer on the board
Maybe a bit of paranoia but the way things are going there will be no more ex-bulldogs left to challenge for the board......they will be in coaching, management positions etc.

Still, all in all, good to see some of the club greats come on board and maybe we can now expunge any memory of...what was his name.....

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He will replace Alan Thompson, the former Australian swimming team head coach who had spent the past eight years with Canterbury after first taking on the job when Kevin Moore was the coach and Todd Greenberg was chief executive.
I have literally never heard of Alan Thompson. I wonder what he even did.

Thompson's departure from Belmore will follow that of strength and conditioning coach Don Singe, who worked closely with Hasler at both Manly and Canterbury.
I was following Donny Singe on FB up until yesterday (not sure why) and I had to unfollow him because that guy writes the longest, nonsensical posts all the damn time. It is like he just types whatever words pop into his head and ignores all rules of proper English. Head case.

Anyway glad to see the back of another Manly guy.

There may be more changes afoot to the Bulldogs support staff as well, with assistant coach Jim Dymock linked to a move to Cronulla. Dymock was disappointed to be overlooked as Hasler's replacement as the board opted for his 1995 premiership-winning teammate Pay.

I hope Jim goes. He has had ample opportunity to make himself stand out as a potential head coach to the club and has clearly failed, and he has been there for this whole downward spiral so as far as I am concerned, he is part of the problem.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We're rooting out all connections to WoManly and the infection that has plagued us for the last 6-8 years, this is a good thing and can only be positive moving forward.
Not Thompson though!! He had nothing to do with Manly.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about 2002? I remember being so confident & cocky during our streak and the we got busted haha
Hahahha sorry and that too. Devasted during that year bro

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish Michael Hagan comes home the most.
He never will mate
I share your view
I rate him highly
Sadly his days in Sydney are over and his happy with current commitments with the knights and Newcastle radio

And whilst he won a premiership with us
He truely sees himself as a knights man not a bulldog man

Why, I don't know, but that is how it is

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news having Farrar on board and glad to be rid of another free loader in Allan Thompson.
He used to be involved in Australian Olympic Swim team and left under ‘very’ controversial circumstances (you can check them out yourselves) but i could never really relate any skill he had to out footy team.
Good bye !

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree kas can now butterfly with the best of them lol.

Reactions: baz

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson used to be Head coach of Australian swimming. Yes, he was cleared of alleged sexual assault of a team member/s.

He achieved nothing with the Dogs.

Reactions: DT

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I think its a good appointment. Farrar is another one of the old boys and he is replacing some swimming coach Ive not really heard of in 8 years.

Be handy to have him around the place for Pay to talk to if he needs some advice.

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have literally never heard of Alan Thompson. I wonder what he even did.

I was following Donny Singe on FB up until yesterday (not sure why) and I had to unfollow him because that guy writes the longest, nonsensical posts all the damn time. It is like he just types whatever words pop into his head and ignores all rules of proper English. Head case.

Anyway glad to see the back of another Manly guy.

I hope Jim goes. He has had ample opportunity to make himself stand out as a potential head coach to the club and has clearly failed, and he has been there for this whole downward spiral so as far as I am concerned, he is part of the problem.
He was to busy with all the weekend benders with strippers and pros with the Australia swim team.

Reactions: DT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gee it's hard to please some people, 1 minute it's 'not Bulldogs enough' and the next it's 'too Bulldogs'.

He's coached teams in his own right and done numerous jobs in the industry, sounds like a great appointment to me.
Massive appointment... I was thinking earlier would be good to grab him as coach but he was already passed that level. I'm actually surprised the dogs just made such an astute signing. Farrar or Hagan would have been my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.