Opinion Can the club shop Elliot?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes you wonder how much the incident with Lichaa has affected the paying group.
If anything you wouldn't want your misses around him would you.....the mangina has no morals, and like school on a Saturday NO CLASS.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One potential swap that would be accepted straight away imo but would be a massive risk is Elliot for Curtis Sironen. Guys had his fare share of injuries, but great when he's on.
looks worse than Foran, 2012 to now just 126 games LOL and injured again as we speak.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We keep saying after every game lately....

If Barrett picks Katoa, Hoppa, Napa with now Elliott joining them...then.....

He is seriously undermining himself :grinning:

Katoa < Dietz/Topine
Hoppa < Cotric/Haleta (wing)
Napa < Ogden
Elliott < Stimson

Not awe inspiring but surely worth a go rather than repeating the pathetic efforts from the incumbents week in, week out.

It really has gone past the point of no return for these guys...and also for Baz' credibility to effect any meaningful coaching success however small.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
looks worse than Foran, 2012 to now just 126 games LOL and injured again as we speak.
Agree, however how badly do we need to rid ourselves of Elliot ? I've already stated Hudson Young would be my 1st preference, but despite getting fuck all minutes ATM I doubt Ricky would even consider letting him go.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Other clubs have tried to sign him the last few times he's been off contract. Someone will take him without us paying too much freight.
Loser clubs like st george and warriors. I don’t think anyone would seriously consider signing this clown at the moment.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him and that dud katoa!

Elliots forced off load led to titans first try, then kotoas standard forward pass every game led to there second try and for the icing on the cake these 2 idiots combined to let the titans forward straight through the middle for the last try.
These guys are absolute junk and should never wear our jersey again. FuK them both off already barett you idiot!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've stuck up for Elliott from what I've seen and interpreted in previous years but this year he's been terrible and undefendable (started strong, fell away real quick). A bit like DWZ last year. It hurts me to say it but I'd throw him in the mix as a swap option for Brandon Smith (if the Storm would take him).
100% agree.....this year he has been woeful

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Roosters can do it why can't we? His negatives far outweigh whatever little positives he brings to the club.. he's shit both on and off the field. His position should be untenable and he should not have a future at this club. Baz needs to get rid of this scumbag!!
Nasheed here,
You firstly need to get in the right frame of mind for this question.
‘Can we shop him because roosters do it’ is not correct logic. You’re approaching this from the wrong angle.
The correct angle is you shop a player who is valuable, but not working out for your team. It’s not it even performance related. It could be they are taking up too much cap (think DCE drama this year) or you need to make way for a talented junior (can smith) or a player is good, but the smart business decision is to offload and pay freight (Matt lodge). Whether roosters, dogs, Souths, Beirut FC do it and we don’t is completely irrelevant and childish.
This is why we didn’t ‘shop Montoya’ last year. No one would’ve taken him you’d think, and it would destroy his morale. Although Montoya did score a contract which was amazingly lucky, but that’s besides the point. Maybe a better example is Napa or Lichaa.
Now, to the point, and in the correct frame of mind, can we shop Elliott?
Yes.
Elliott is a good player. He was our best last year along with Foran and Holland and he started this year strong before going full retard.
He had demand for his signature from saints and warriors, and I truly feel that if we put up 100k like roosters did with flanno then yes, some teams would bite.
Tigers, saints, Brisbane, warriors, manly, England and even the roosters I think will make an enquiry.

he isnt working under Barrett, but he is a good player and maybe that’s on Barrett himself. Another chat.

but yes, that’s the long version of saying we could.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loser clubs like st george and warriors. I don’t think anyone would seriously consider signing this clown at the moment.
There's always a taker for another clubs rejects. If Leilua, Napa and Montoya etc can get signed, then so can Elliott.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have hated elliot since his 2nd game of his career (benifit of the doubt on his first game)

Baz- ur a Fkn tool-
The guy was gone and you did a jerry McGuire you had me on hello

Now eat dick!
We r stuck with him along with the cancer that is spreading.
Rip bulldogs

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m also done with Elliot. I actually come from near he’s home town so had a bit of a soft spot for him but that’s wearing thin. I would be happy for him to go to another club but I can’t see anyone buying him from us. We need to dump him to the magoos bid our time until he does another off field incident and rip he’s contract up.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put him in reserves and force him out. If he doesn't want to go he can see his contract out and his career will be over.
Sounds like a good idea, he should look a much better player in C C, that might make some other club interested in him
This concept could also apply to 1 or 2 others, Mounties are competitive team and that in its self should make players like him at least look better.
With the amount of injuries these days, clubs will need more fringe players.