News Cameron Ciraldo spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Bulldogs move for former NRL coach

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jason Taylor has one of the sharpest minds in the game attack wise, he was part of the successful roosters premiership teams as assistant

If Gus gets his signature he delivers an L to his haters

Fight me
Ciraldo can’t handle the job alone Burton and Mahoney would benefit. Coaching set up clearly isn’t entirely cutting it I’m with you.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm willing to back the club on nearly everything but I cannot back this decision under any circumstance.

Jason Taylor is a first class f&$+ing moron based on the following:
- Personally dealt with him years ago on a night out and he was so mentally vacant it wasn't funny;
- Knew a guy years ago that went to school with him at St Gregs who said he was absolutely brain dead;
- He picked a Mad Monday fight as a coach against a younger player who was much bigger and stronger, was knocked out and was then sacked over it.

I'm sure there's many other examples of his sheer stupidity out there.

I'll also add on that night out after a terrible attempt at a wedgie to try to cause trouble while I was chatting to a girl followed by him telling me "That was a wedgie ha ha", I shit stirred him back and asked him if Bullfrog had been in touch about signing him (like that was ever going to happen). His response was "no f@#$ing way would I ever play for those bunch of c&#+$ !!!". His stupid grin disappeared when I said the Dogs were trying to sign a half for their reserve grade team.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Might not be a bad move as it appears that Sherwin is not contributing at all.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JT has done really well always with Bears reserve grade.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jt would make an excellent assistant , As others have said he's had plenty of success with the roosters and now at norths. I have had a few mates that have been coached by him and they all have nothing but great things to say.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm willing to back the club on nearly everything but I cannot back this decision under any circumstance.

Jason Taylor is a first class fucking moron based on the following:
- Personally dealt with him years ago on a night out and he was so mentally vacant it wasn't funny;
- Knew a guy years ago that went to school with him at St Gregs who said he was absolutely brain dead;
- He picked a Mad Monday fight as a coach against a younger player who was much bigger and stronger, was knocked out and was then sacked over it.

I'm sure there's many other examples of his sheer stupidity out there.

I'll also add on that night out after a terrible attempt at a wedgie to try to cause trouble while I was chatting to a girl followed by him telling me "That was a wedgie ha ha", I shit stirred him back and asked him if Bullfrog had been in touch about signing him (like that was ever going to happen). His response was "no f@#$ing way would I ever play for those bunch of c&#+$ !!!". His stupid grin disappeared when I said the Dogs were trying to sign a half for their reserve grade team.
Also sacked a club legend in Farah.. and we know how that turned out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People need to understand there's a big difference between an assistant and a head coach. Taylor as a head coach was a failure. As an assistant he could be useful, especially for a young coach like Ciraldo. The more get experienced assistants we get to help him, the better.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played 270 odd first grade games, is seventh all time in points scored, despite being small, slow and a poor defender.

Both Norths and Parra were very good teams with him steering the ship.

Regarded as one of the smartest footy minds in the game .... Robinson obviously rates him or is he a mug as well?

It appears no matter what the Bulldogs do the usual suspects complain.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
⚪ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏɴ ᴄɪʀᴀʟᴅᴏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴀʟᴋꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴊᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ ᴀꜱ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀ ғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ɴʀʟ ᴄᴏᴀᴄʜ⚪

Via Telegraph Sport Phil Rothfield

Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo has been spotted in talks with Jason Taylor as Canterbury eyes another shake-up.

The Canterbury Bulldogs have identified former NRL coach Jason Taylor as the man to help fix the struggling NRL club.

This masthead can reveal Taylor was spotted in talks with coach Cameron Ciraldo in a Belmore coffee shop on Friday morning.

The former Souths and Parramatta Eels coach is under contract for another 12 months at North Sydney, where he recently locked up the NSW Cup minor premiership.

The Bears have given him permission to talk to the Bulldogs.

The club already has Chad Randell and Mick Potter as assistant coaches.

Financially the position is hugely attractive to Taylor, who earns a little over $100,000 at the Bears.

At Belmore he would be paid $300,000-a-year.

The Bulldogs recently failed to sign axed Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook, who instead went to the Sydney Roosters.

His signing would be a huge bonus for the Bulldogs as a back-up to Ciraldo, who has been hugely disappointing in his first year of coaching.
Great coin for an assistant. Taylor is a great student of the game.