California Fires

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would a natural bush fire go that hot?
Or is it Trump with his Direct Energy Weapon (DEW)?

Fkn can't escape molten metal can't we?
Wood fire may not burn to 600 C but petrol fire with good oxygen supply and right conditions can go up to temperatures that can melt aluminium magnesium alloy wheels.

Melting steel / iron with bush fires and even petrol with all the right conditions : IMPOSSIBLE

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe v @Indiandog ROUND 2

PS I have NFI so explain your view like I'm an inbred Newcastle supporter.

Lol

No forest fire can melt steel unless you have thermal coking coal of the highest quality used as a fuel stacked around the steel columns then yes it may be possible , but still not guaranteed.

Clue : in blast furnace they use high heating value thermal coal in specialty designed furnace to achieve temperature of around 2000 c to melt iron. If wood from the trees could do that job all the steel mills around the globe won’t be needing a blast furnace and definitely not the high priced thermal coal.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe v @Indiandog ROUND 2

PS I have NFI so explain your view like I'm an inbred Newcastle supporter.
Also healthy trees are hard to burn as they are wet and wood used in houses is dry and can easily burn to ashes in comparison.
Again no wood fire can turn steel structures to liquid metal so the houses were completely made out of wood or aluminium alloys.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck that, I washed it (and nearly died) about 3 days ago, I left her nice and clean in the garage. Fuck washing it again lol
I'm not laughing that you almost died btw.

I tell you what though? You picked a good time of year to almost die! The weather has been shyte!

Btw please don't die yet!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not laughing that you almost died btw.

I tell you what though? You picked a good time of year to almost die! The weather has been shyte!

Btw please don't die yet!
Yeah I tried to be a hero and do it all myself, and it got warm real quick, so not a good combo lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So much for this hitting Sydney LOL...
lol dude that's why I said "apparently" - but it did hit the western suburbs, just missed the majority of the greater metro area.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
lol dude that's why I said "apparently" - but it did hit the western suburbs, just missed the majority of the greater metro area.
I copped a bit of dust. Apparently there's more coming?

Don't know don't care really. Just another media beat up about stuff that naturally occurs.

It's like when a hail storm is due you see
HEADLINES: SUPERSTORM TO STRIKE SYDNEY, RESIDENTS LOCK YOUR DOORS!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also healthy trees are hard to burn as they are wet and wood used in houses is dry and can easily burn to ashes in comparison.
Again no wood fire can turn steel structures to liquid metal so the houses were completely made out of wood or aluminium alloys.
Nope. Magic.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Skimmed me. Just enough to coat my car in dust.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got a decent bit , but nothing like that big one years ago they were claiming was going to be bigger

Wahesh

Reaction score
I copped a bit of dust. Apparently there's more coming?

Don't know don't care really. Just another media beat up about stuff that naturally occurs.

It's like when a hail storm is due you see
HEADLINES: SUPERSTORM TO STRIKE SYDNEY, RESIDENTS LOCK YOUR DOORS!
I remember in 2015 when it was really cold... the news headline:

ARCHTIC VORTEX LASHES SYDNEY

In other words... it was really cold... in winter.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember in 2015 when it was really cold... the news headline:

ARCHTIC VORTEX LASHES SYDNEY

In other words... it was really cold... in winter.
Bring back Roger Climpson, Brian Henderson and Jana Wendt.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, the dust storm. Did it live up to the hype?

I have a photo of that real shocker of a dust storm we had in Sydney a few years ago, taken by a mate who lived in Lavender Bay. From his apartment, you couldn't even see Luna Park, let along the bridge.

I remember waking up that morning, seeing an orange light through my window, and thinking, WTF?

Wahesh

Reaction score

I have a photo of that real shocker of a dust storm we had in Sydney a few years ago, taken by a mate who lived in Lavender Bay. From his apartment, you couldn't even see Luna Park, let along the bridge.

I remember waking up that morning, seeing an orange light through my window, and thinking, WTF?
Hit the outskirts of the metro area in the western suburbs, that was about it. The intensity of the area it did hit was not even a shadow of the intensity of the 2009 dust storm.

Wahesh

Reaction score