Buying a new Lawnmower SUCKS

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
4 strokes for real blokes :D

Victa Mustang or Corvette is a good choice with the Briggs and Stratton motors.

I've deadset flogged the shit outta ours around the last decade, and serviced it twice in that time. Still starts and runs fine.

The third degree burns in summer walking on faux grass aren't terribly appealing.
Yeah I'm leaning towards the corvette tbh

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
and burn coal to do it. u fake greeny....
I don't remember saying that I want to save the planet. I just want to electrocute things.

Side note though, petrol mowers don't have the same filtration used on power plants and motor vehicles, so they're considered one of the least environmentally friendly things there is.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I don't remember saying that I want to save the planet. I just want to electrocute things.

Side note though, petrol mowers don't have the same filtration used on power plants and motor vehicles, so they're considered one of the least environmentally friendly things there is.
U didn't, so I said it for you 8-)

I love these environmental arguments. Total life cycle assessments are generally just a big marketing tool. Both have pro's and cons. Sure you could find lithium dudes talking CO, PAH and NOX emissions. I could find gas guzzlers that'll quote coal, battery waste, manufacturing processes etc. Potato, tomato.....

If I'm gunna burn, I want to burn here and now, not somewhere upstream or in China as part of manufacturing. And I want to sniff the fumes as I fill it up. Get the double buzz....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
U didn't, so I said it for you 8-)

I love these environmental arguments. Total life cycle assessments are generally just a big marketing tool. Both have pro's and cons. Sure you could find lithium dudes talking CO, PAH and NOX emissions. I could find gas guzzlers that'll quote coal, battery waste, manufacturing processes etc. Potato, tomato.....

If I'm gunna burn, I want to burn here and now, not somewhere upstream or in China as part of manufacturing. And I want to sniff the fumes as I fill it up. Get the double buzz....
Sure, if you're talking about cars. But we're talking about mowers where it's less debateable.

I will admit that I miss the feel of a full power petrol whipper snipper shaking in my arms, but I don't miss the minor bone fractures.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
100% go battery operated!

Makita make some awesome battery mowers, some self propelled, line trimmers & blowers!
No more oil, no more petrol
I have a ryobi battery edge trimmer and blower and they are great and the battery lasts long enough. No more mixing fuel for petrol trimmer. Batteries are interchangeable with each other. Been sceptical of battery mowers though. Have a big lawn that grows fast, concerned the battery won't last. Still have a victa petrol mower.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey mate if your half keen on the battery system you should check out the makita dlm464pt3. It’s a good mid range makita mowers. If you already have makita batteries and charger just get the skin. Unfortunately no makita redemption on mowers atm (normally get a $219 blower free).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got a recall message on the Ozito battery powered blower. Apparently it's giving people electric shocks.

Doesn't seem like there's a downside to me. Feel the power of the electricity.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a ryobi battery edge trimmer and blower and they are great and the battery lasts long enough. No more mixing fuel for petrol trimmer. Batteries are interchangeable with each other. Been sceptical of battery mowers though. Have a big lawn that grows fast, concerned the battery won't last. Still have a victa petrol mower.
If you have 2 batteries and keep them charged that won't be the issue. For me it's more if the lawn gets really bit out of control a battery powered one will likely have a bit less grunt to get through it without cutting out. This happens to me maybe a couple of times a year (and I live in qld) so it's not a big deal tbh.

I'd only suggest if you have a big lawn make sure you get as large a cutting size as possible so you're doing fewer laps.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jesus, the state of this thread.

Electric yard maintenance equipment and homosexuality go hand in hand.

@Ecca treat yourself to a good Husqvarna petrol mower. Shindaiwa a great option for the wipper snipper. Go the Husqy for the blower if required also.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Jesus, the state of this thread.

Electric yard maintenance equipment and homosexuality go hand in hand.

@Ecca treat yourself to a good Husqvarna petrol mower. Shindaiwa a great option for the wipper snipper. Go the Husqy for the blower if required also.
Hows your Tesla going? :p

PS if I have a 407rwkw 6.0L V8 that gets 25L/100km, can I get an electric mower?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use an electric (battery) trimmer (Ryobi) and blower, but that's about it.

Yeah I'm leaning towards the corvette tbh
Good choice ... I went the Mustang myself, but that was a long time ago. Paid around the $700 mark for it. But it's been really good. Even churns through grass when its like 5-10cm high.

It does struggle if its rained the same day and grass is high (albeit I've only ever mowed the grass in that scenario one or two times).

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just get a mower that's not too heavy.
I find the Masports a bit heavy so stick with a Victa. On a side note we are getting a lot of Ryobi equipment powered by batteries. We have a chainsaw, blower, hedge trimmer & tyre inflator. All work so well & save on fuel & start first time everytime :smiley:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the Ozito X mower, does the job well. Plus has 5 year return guarantee.

PS make sure it's the red Ozito X, not the normal Ozito.
Ozito can work decent on certain things, my old trick when doing demo and mixing shit, by a few hammer drills, mixing drills, burn the fuckers out,take em back get brand new ones for homes. Job done

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where's the 2 wrongs? Nothing wrong with a gas guzzling, earth shaking Walkinshaw.
Bolt one of these in.
Would love a new Stihl whipper, the victa wont idle.
I dont understand leaf blowers blowing the grass onto the road, now the road looks shit.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I use a Makita battery mowers and edgers so I don’t have to fuck around getting petrol and have 20 makita batteries lying around anyway.
And to anyone who uses a leaf blower, fuck you, fuck you very much :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I use a Makita battery mowers and edgers so I don’t have to fuck around getting petrol and have 20 makita batteries lying around anyway.
And to anyone who uses a leaf blower, fuck you, fuck you very much :tearsofjoy:
What about a leaf vacuum?