BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Vote which is Matt Burtons best position. Voting will close after one day

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not voting as something like this may change the course of history. What if right before the season starts, Ciraldo sees this thread. Let's just say that Burton has excelled at 5/8, drastically improving every skill in his arsenal and earned the right to the 6 jersey anew. But unimpressed fans have voted he play in the centres and Ciraldo is forced to rethink his whole plan for the season to avoid upsetters voters.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think fans put way too much weight on Burton's performances at centre at the best team in the competition. I think if you saw Averillo or even Alamoti play centre for Panther they'd look like one of the best centres in the competition too. I don't see Burton playing anywhere but five-eighth, especially with us in our current state.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People suggesting a Hutchinson/Sexton combo and thinking that Burton isn't better than them are crazy.

No doubt Burton needs to step up and improve after a shocking season last year but he's still the best halves option we have until guys like Woods and Conti etc are ready or we sign someone else.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not voting as something like this may change the course of history. What if right before the season starts, Ciraldo sees this thread. Let's just say that Burton has excelled at 5/8, drastically improving every skill in his arsenal and earned the right to the 6 jersey anew. But unimpressed fans have voted he play in the centres and Ciraldo is forced to rethink his whole plan for the season to avoid upsetters voters.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
people need to remember that when burton came along it was in a team that was nsw cup material, then this year the team was "suppose to be better" but was full of half hearted soft cocks like tpj who never wanted to play anyway, thompson who was... well, thompson lol, faitala pussio mariner, flanno lol... so the kid has his work cut out and despite what happens he does need to lift but so do many others in order for him to shine and play good footy

in other words, he needs TP for his bung-hole

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Left Centre. We've seen him play at 6 for 2 seasons already & he's been crap for 2 seasons.
Matt Burtons proven 2 things in his career so far. One is that he’s a world class rep level centre and two is that he’s a very average 5/8…
We could have a very potent left edge attack with Burton, Kikau and Fox if he does play centre…potentially even the NSW wing/centre combo

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Matt Burtons proven 2 things in his career so far. One is that he’s a world class rep level centre and two is that he’s a very average 5/8…
We could have a very potent left edge attack with Burton, Kikau and Fox if he does play centre…potentially even the NSW wing/centre combo
100% agree. In sport you need to build advantages over your opponents that help you win games. We can have 2 of the best edges in the NRL that would help us win games.

Left = JAC, Burton & Kikau.
Right = Kiraz, Crichton & Preston.

They can match it with any team in the NRL.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% agree. In sport you need to build advantages over your opponents that help you win games. We can have 2 of the best edges in the NRL that would help us win games.

Left = JAC, Burton & Kikau.
Right = Kiraz, Crichton & Preston.

They can match it with any team in the NRL.
Yeah and just tell the halves to give them early ball. Same left side attack Penrith had when they one the GF a few years ago. Kiks and Burton are big bodies/running threats and will commit defenders which will free up the Fox to get one on one opportunities. Or if they wanna play man on man then good luck stopping them. Kikau will go straight through and Burton can use that big left foot step of his.
If I was an opposition coach I’d rather Burto playing 5/8 than coaching against that.