Opinion Burton

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is going off like we won, Burton had a good game but the 3 other halves on the field were reserve graders. Burton is not a centre but he isn’t the next immortal either, hopefully he can string together a few good games because he was very ordinary last week.
Our whole team is full of Reserve Graders. No one is calling him an immortal... But people were saying he's not a half and he should be a punter instead.

He showed his class last night.. He's as talented as any other young half in the comp and it's time people at least acknowledged that before they suggest we let him go and replace him with who knows who..

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see him leaving tbh. When he signed he knew we were rebuilding, like all our signings. That’s why I laugh at the media. Kikau and Mahoney signed AFTER we won the spoon. They haven’t signed with a top 4 team, the biggest cop out "they’ll leave because we’re coming last". They know what there in for.

Watch him closely every week, always the first in to celebrate a try, working hard on his game. If we want him to stay, he’ll stay.

My only concern is Storm. There the dark horse in this. They will most likely have money and a vacant five eight spot for 2024.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My impression from Gus is that he wants him long term here and I have no issue with that as he knows league better than all of us combined.

It would probably work in Burton's favour to keep negotiating off until next year once he's played with Reed and Kiks as his true talent should shine and his value can only go up.

I'm sure Gus has a plan in place.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see him leaving tbh. When he signed he knew we were rebuilding, like all our signings. That’s why I laugh at the media. Kikau and Mahoney signed AFTER we won the spoon. They haven’t signed with a top 4 team, the biggest cop out "they’ll leave because we’re coming last". They know what there in for.

Watch him closely every week, always the first in to celebrate a try, working hard on his game. If we want him to stay, he’ll stay.

My only concern is Storm. There the dark horse in this. They will most likely have money and a vacant five eight spot for 2024.
But Kennel Body Language Expert @Flanagun read Burton's tarot cards and aura and says he's not committed and looks distracted..

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@The Innovator please tell me you can now realise that he's not a centre.
Last night he was outstanding. At the moment he’s a better fit for the Dogs at 6, but i still maintain Burton in a strong side is a world class centre. He is the reigning dally M centre of the year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Last night he was outstanding. At the moment he’s a better fit for the Dogs at 6, but i still maintain Burton in a strong side is a world class centre. He is the reigning dally M centre of the year.
Munster is a world class centre in a strong side....just saying

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe but at no stage was he regarded as the NRL’s no 1 centre. If Burton was still at Penrith, he’d be 100% picked at centre in Origin.
Probably, but that left centre position at Penrith is so broken, literally the easiest job in the NRL playing outside of Kikau, Luai and Cleary. Crichton, Burton and now Tago have all killed it playing there because they're consistently getting the ball in space outside their man and many times stroll through the line basically untouched. I think any strong ball running half would kill it in that position.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How is he a centre and learning is trade at 5/8 when he’s basically played his whole footy career at 6? He was a star last year at centre for Penrith because he’s a highly talented footballer and would’ve excelled last year wearing the 1,3,4,6,11,12,13 and I’ll throw in 2 & 5. Obviously he was allowed to play his best footy last year playing in a star studded premiership winning team.
He's learning to be a FG 5/8th bro while carrying the duds. The duds are holding him back.

100% he has talent and will be a star. No doubt about that at all.

PS I don't call him a centre as an insult at all.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton's stats last night..

1 try, 2 try assists, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 2 forced drop outs, 85 running metres, 567 kicking metres, 3/3 conversions.

Responsible for all 18 points. Carried the whole team on his back. Pretty much the best player on the field last night.. And I'm sure people still won't give him credit...
Agree. If Burton is putting in performances like that in a wooden spoon team with crappy players around him, imagine how he would be performing in a quality side with quality players around him (I.e. Storm)

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, he is a centre learning his trade at 5/8th. I reckon we will see the best of him next year with at least Mahoney helping him in the spine.

Everyone wanks over his bombs, but it's his short kicking game that will make him an elite 5/8th. Plus We need his running game more.
100%. He was rated the number one centre last year. One on one he is an absolute handful. Speed and a lethal step and fend.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%. He was rated the number one centre last year. One on one he is an absolute handful. Speed and a lethal step and fend.
Yep, rated number 1 at centre in the best team in the comp because he couldnt start in his prefered 6. Now its his in the worst team looking to turn it all around, hardly any pressure is it..? If you didnt see a 5/8 out there last night you were watching a different game to me. He will get better and better and eventually own the Blues 6 within a couple of years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he played for Parra, the Roosters, Melbourne etc he'd be great at 5/8th too. Hopefully next year when we have better players around him then we see more performances like last night because his upside is as high as anyone's..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he played for Parra, the Roosters, Melbourne etc he'd be great at 5/8th too. Hopefully next year when we have better players around him then we see more performances like last night because his upside is as high as anyone's..
Did you see him talking to Joey before the game last night? He is a big bugger as well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But Kennel Body Language Expert @Flanagun read Burton's tarot cards and aura and says he's not committed and looks distracted..
Give it a rest, bro. You don’t have to be a body language expert to see he lacks enthusiasm for out colours. Whenever he is interviewed or posss for a photo he looks like he’s wearing them at gun point.

He’ll be signed up with another club before Christmas.