Opinion Burton

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I can't believe so many people were doubting this kid so much and so many people thought he was a centre. Hopefully now people appreciate what a talent he is..
Bro, he is a centre learning his trade at 5/8th. I reckon we will see the best of him next year with at least Mahoney helping him in the spine.

Everyone wanks over his bombs, but it's his short kicking game that will make him an elite 5/8th. Plus We need his running game more.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton had massive pressure on him before he even started with us then add a new role in a struggling team and the pressure is big. People here had massive expectations for the team moving forward for this year with all the new recruits, people thought we'd be making the top 8 and even higher.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro, he is a centre learning his trade at 5/8th. I reckon we will see the best of him next year with at least Mahoney helping him in the spine.

Everyone wanks over his bombs, but it's his short kicking game that will make him an elite 5/8th. Plus We need his running game more.
Sorry bro I agree with everything but the centre part.. He's always been a half coming through, he just played well in the centres last year because they needed him there.

He had a try and 2 try assists on a team that couldn't get over halfway all game. That's hard to do for any half on a wooden spoon team, let alone one that's only 22.. Without him we would have lost by 50.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

His running game will improve more than immensely when he finally gets to play behind a meter eating forward pack that dominates.

Enter Kikau & Haas!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton has a bad game and all of the haters hammer him and 10 negative threads get made... He has a great game and it's crickets and tumbleweeds in these threads because no one is man enough to give credit where credit is due or admit when they're wrong.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry bro I agree with everything but the centre part.. He's always been a half coming through, he just played well in the centres last year because they needed him there.

He had a try and 2 try assists on a team that couldn't get over halfway all game. That's hard to do for any half on a wooden spoon team, let alone one that's only 22.. Without him we would have lost by 50.
Well pretty good make shift centre....well the best actually. ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton has a bad game and all of the haters hammer him and 10 negative threads get made... He has a great game and it's crickets and tumbleweeds in these threads because no one is man enough to give credit where credit is due or admit when they're wrong.
Well a great sign is he made up for the putrid Belmore game. As did JAC.

That shows heart.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well a great sign is he made up for the putrid Belmore game. As did JAC.

That shows heart.
Bro that's all I was saying last game to people. It's one bad game. Players are allowed to have shit games. Even good players. Especially when they're surrounded by duds. People overreact to every play and every game and don't have enough perspective. If it were up to the Kennel we would have sold Burton and Fox and replaced them with Jake Turpin and Charlie Staines on 5 year deals.

Reaction score

i agree, our forward pack always gets dominated, hooker takes forever to pass and the halfback is not offering anything, burton's been pushing shit uphill all season, but he still been able to show his class regardless.

can't wait to see him when we have a pack that can win the battle and a halves partner that can partner

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton's stats last night..

1 try, 2 try assists, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 2 forced drop outs, 85 running metres, 567 kicking metres, 3/3 conversions.

Responsible for all 18 points. Carried the whole team on his back. Pretty much the best player on the field last night.. And I'm sure people still won't give him credit...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1 try, 2 try assists, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 2 forced drop outs, 85 running metres, 567 kicking metres, 3/3 conversions.

Responsible for all 18 points. Carried the whole team on his back. Pretty much the best player on the field last night.. And I'm sure people still won't give him credit...
@The Innovator please tell me you can now realise that he's not a centre.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This thread is going off like we won, Burton had a good game but the 3 other halves on the field were reserve graders. Burton is not a centre but he isn’t the next immortal either, hopefully he can string together a few good games because he was very ordinary last week.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score

How is he a centre and learning is trade at 5/8 when he’s basically played his whole footy career at 6? He was a star last year at centre for Penrith because he’s a highly talented footballer and would’ve excelled last year wearing the 1,3,4,6,11,12,13 and I’ll throw in 2 & 5. Obviously he was allowed to play his best footy last year playing in a star studded premiership winning team.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Mate I wouldn’t get worked up about the armchair experts. People are entitled to their opinion. The kid has little direction and support around him at the moment and he still has some quality moments. There was also some critical of the Fox earlier in the year yet he’s averaging almost a try a game in the team coming last.