Burton is a half

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn't have a try or a try assist but I thought this was his best game of the season.

He dug into the line really well all game which helped create a few tries. His kicking game was more varied and the 40/20 and cross field kick to Fox were nice plus he ran with real intent today and looked way sharper with his passing. Hopefully he can keep building off of the last couple of weeks.

That left side attack of Burton, Kikau, Xerri and Fox is one of the best, if not the best in the comp now.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn't have a try or a try assist but I thought this was his best game of the season.

He dug into the line really well all game which helped create a few tries. His kicking game was more varied and the 40/20 and cross field kick to Fox were nice plus he ran with real intent today and looked way sharper with his passing. Hopefully he can keep building off of the last couple of weeks.

That left side attack of Burton, Kikau, Xerri and Fox is one of the best, if not the best in the comp now.
played both sides of the field as well

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He played good but that first try was pretty much on him. Dropped the ball cold in the set before than makes a horrible read in defense

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's how I expect him to play every week.

He almost put Xerri over too for a nice try with a shirt ball.

Only thing I want now from the kid is too start demanding the ball the way Hutchison does.

He is almost there.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's how I expect him to play every week.

He almost put Xerri over too for a nice try with a shirt ball.

Only thing I want now from the kid is too start demanding the ball the way Hutchison does.

He is almost there.
Spot on. Burton is a confidence player, when he’s on he’s unstoppable and when he’s not he goes missing and into his shell. Today you could just tell he could smell blood and his confidence was up, he just looked so much sharper and ran for 70m. Couple of errors and missed tackles but he is pretty close to a breakout game, you can just feel it.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about what Burto is doing rn is that we'll definitely lose him during the Origin period. :P

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of his better games for The Dogs in my opinion .... was sound in all the basic stuff which has long been my bugbear against him.

Actually, took the ball to the line on a few occasions and looked good doing it ..... very promising.

Defended well and looks to be growing in confidence alongside Kiks.

Kicking in general play and for goal was top notch as well.