Official Burton Extends until 2027

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully with Burton comitting longterm this will be an incentive for Moses to sign
100%%. Let’s hope that is the key, gives Moses the message.. let’s GO DOGGS, Jump on board the new dynasty we about to create, be apart of the MAGIC!! :grinning: :grinning:

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy is our future. He would of gotten big money anywhere. I’m sure tigers, dolphins and knights ect tried, but I don’t think he was ever on the market. Fuck we would be an attractive team for any big name right now

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All elite players have ratchet clauses as annual salary cap increases, so too does their contract by say 10%. He'd have SOO and Aust Rep bonuses too. Might be say $700k minimum first year plus ratchet and these other bonuses, taking him to potentially earn around $1.1m in 2027.
It wouldn't of been cheap to secure him till 2027

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All elite players have ratchet clauses as annual salary cap increases, so too does their contract by say 10%. He'd have SOO and Aust Rep bonuses too. Might be say $700k minimum first year plus ratchet and these other bonuses, taking him to potentially earn around $1.1m in 2027.
It wouldn't of been cheap to secure him till 2027
Burton would definitely have top 8 or top 4 bonus clauses . . . .lets hope he gets paid

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is a magic man. Soon, we should be expecting the signing of Crichton. That is probably the reason why Averillo will play his last season for us at right centre.

Averillo is just keeping the right-centre spot warm for Alamoti in 2024.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fatima Kdouh reported that Burton on 500k upgrade next year and 750k per season in the new deal If anywhere near true, that is a fkn amazing deal and cap management by the dogs.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton has some balls, joined us in a rebuild and he has played really well given the instability last season.

He is a classy player, when was the last time we had this much skill in the halves? I'd say Kimmorley was our last genuine class half.

He is a player you go to the games excited to see what he will bring a bit like the Foxx. Under Ciraldo hopefully we get some continuity in the spine and we can see Burton's game keep improving.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is a magic man. Soon, we should be expecting the signing of Crichton. That is probably the reason why Averillo will play his last season for us at right centre.

Averillo is just keeping the right-centre spot warm for Alamoti in 2024.
The only time Avo should be training with the first grade team is in opposed sessions

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To give an indication about what percentage of players have ratchet clauses, I spoke to a friend who manages the cap at another club and he said 15 of the top 30 had a ratchet clause, so he has to adjust their salaries as well as agent fees etc..

Anyone that didn't have a ratchet clause likely negotiated their deal a few years ago and will likely be off contract soon..

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how Frothfield is going to spin this to make Gus look bad...........

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we get Moses after locking in Burton, worlds will collide. Non-bulldog fans will demand an investigation lol.
I am not 100% on Crichton but if we can get Moses and do sign Crichton I’ll feel so happy to know our spine is finally locked for a while. With all guys young except Moses who still has 3-4 years I’d say.

Would be fucking fantastic.

Especially with guys like fox, kikau, tpj, king, kiraz, rfm, xerri, alomiti etc around them.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this scene!
It plays in my head over and over when good things happen(usually sporting related, but not exclusively)
It’s sick aye. Perfectly sums up the feeling of ecstasy haha.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not 100% on Crichton but if we can get Moses and do sign Crichton I’ll feel so happy to know our spine is finally locked for a while. With all guys young except Moses who still has 3-4 years I’d say.
I really hope the priority is Moses, or even G. Williams. Crichton to me isn’t even an exciting proposition. He’s a good player, but hasn’t impressed me at fullback, so if we were to get him to play there, it’s a risk, especially if it’s on big money, which it undoubtedly will be. I would rather see how Jake goes this season now he’s had a good amount of game time at the back and showed plenty of potential.

I’d much prefer only using big money for a proven halfback.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The long term signings of marquee players like a Burton brings stability to our club . Looks like Gus / Ciralso want to build a team around him . Good news , hopefully he has a cracker 2023 season.
I’ve always said. He is the type of player we build a team around.

I’m curious to see if CC can bring out the best in Flanno to pair with him